- The Village at Oxford Greens by Del Webb at Oxford - access to high-end golfcourses. Price: $$$-$$$$ - 15 miles to New Haven.
Also now available Fairview at Oxford Greens carriage homes starting in $308's.
642 Championship Dr. - 866-313-9322 - Open 10-5 Daily
- Castle Heights in Cheshire - Large community of spacious upscale single homes. Very new designs and home features. (I love the bathrooms.) New Haven County by Carrier Homes. Upper $400's.
141 Victoria Dr., Cheshire
Open Thurs thru Mon 1-4 or by appointment. 860-798-2221
- Regency at Prospect-
New Haven by Toll Brothers - townhouse gated community from low $300's. Pool, clubhouse and more. 36 golf courses in the area. Near
Waterbury and I-84.
120 Scott Rd., Prospect, CT - Phone: 203-758-4494 - Open Daily
- Richmond Glen Cheshire in New Haven county - large single new homes in $400's - small maintenance-free community of 41 one and two-story homes. On 32 acres. Phase II now. Brodach Builders - Wiese Rd. - 203-272-1821
- Breakwater Bay
- New Haven - not for over 55 but is a waterfront condo development
with water views - priced from $200's. Good for commute. 150 Harbour Close Rd. - Call for appt.
- Simpson Village - Wallingford - live in town and be near
YMCA, parks, tennis, dining and more. Energy Star homes from low
$300's. By Simpson Development. 203-265-1821 Ext. 233 (Karen, Agent)
Two over 55 condo developments in East Haven:
- County Walk Village - desirable area near shore - condo ranches going fast - priced under $200,000 - County Walk Lane, East Haven - Contact your Realtors to see.
- Golf Crest - Single ranch homes good for downsizing. Resales - See local Realtors. Garages and basements available; low homeowners (verify all information--we are not responsible for inaccuracies). Upscale interior amenities. Pinehurst Dr., East Haven
Branford - Donmar Development Corp. New England-styled small to large homes start low $400's. Near train station for commute to Boston or New York, Yale University and YMCA. A shore community on the Long Island Sound. 287 E. Main St. - 203-464-0125 - By appt
Stony Creek (Branford) harbor photos:
Stony Creek Harbor in Branford
The Connecticut shoreline consists of numerous coves and harbors--this is just one in Stony Creek. View a map of the Connecticut shoreline.
On our visit, we found it amazingly peaceful. None of these boats are yachts--just small pleasure boats in seasonal slips. Seniors were out strolling or in their small motorboats.
Docks and slips and small boats everywhere in this cozy cove...
Stony Creek Harbor dock
Resales in New Haven County:
- Fieldstone Village Orange, Connecticut - Sunrise Development Group - Price: $$$-$$$$$$ - priced in $300's+. Luxury homes by long-time local builders familiar with over 55 living. Short drive to New Haven.New England-styled medium to large homes. Clubhouse, amenities and activities. Many floor plan options. Near Merritt Pkway - HOBI Award. 1025 Grassy Hill Road
- Chatfield Farms - Beacon Falls - EG Homes - small, medium and large homes in $300's and $400's. All the amenities and activities in single homes of traditional styling. Clubhouse, pool, social activities.
100 Fieldstone Lane, Beacon Falls - 203-714-6622
- Quail Run by Calcagni in North Haven - condominiums.
- Hamden Farms in Hamden by Calcagni - attached 1 and 2 bedroom homes with garage.
2620 Whitney Avenue - Phone: 202-288-1821
- Pond View North Haven by Calcagni - duplex styled homes in $200's. See local Realtors for resales.
- Heritage Village - Southbury - 1, 2 and 3-bedroom homes and carriage homes for resale - large community of 2850 condos on 1000 acres in foothills of the Berkshires. One of the first active adult communities on East Coast. Formerly Victor Borge's estate.
Tennis court, pools. Many activities. Garden plots, wood working, photo lab, pottery workshop, stained glass, computer lab, gym. 4 pools. 18-hole golf on nearby course. Near East Coast gaming centers.
1 Heritage Way, Southbury - 203-264-9644
- Preston Woods in Meriden - just 13 detached condo homes built on cul-de-sac. - priced from upper mid-$200's. By Preston Woods.