for Over 55
RV Resorts-Arizona can be a place to get away to in the cold winter months--or any time of year. The Arizona desert can get extremely hot in the summer months. The northern part of the state has a cooler temperature range.
The off season rates are cheaper and include April and May, months that have good Arizona weather.
Listings on this page include RV permanent sites and daily site rentals for RVs and for park models.
Please verify rates and all information.
Arizona offers many options for exciting RV excursions. See Arizona Tourism.
Most parks offer annual stays. Rates are usually by length of stay and number of people. Most RV parks:
- are more economical than renting a home or condo
- offer a variety of activities and amenities
Rental RV's are available at most resorts. This is a good way to try out the lifestyle.
Phoenix Area: (North, Northeast, Southeast, East, West, Northwest, South)
Other Areas of Arizona:
Northeast Arizona-Show Low, Springerville
Southwest Arizona-Yuma Guide and Tips
to locations, prices, rentals etc.
Phoenix Area - North
- Phoenix Metro RV Park - 20 Minutes north of Phoenix - Heated pool, small pet ok - $39. daily - see rules - also discounts available.
22701 No. Black Canyon Highway, Phoenix - 623-582-0456
- Desert Shadows - 19 miles north of Phoenix in Deer Vally - heated indoor pool, highly rated RV and park models park.
19203 N. 29th Ave., Deer Valley, Phoenix - 623-869-8178
- Zane Grey RV - North of Phoenix at Camp Verde - 3200 elevation
Phoenix Area - Northeast
- Road Runner Lake Resort Age
55+ - Scottsdale - 23 minutes northeast of Phoenix - This park has 2 pools, 2 heated spas, freshwater
lake for visual enjoyment, computer lab, many activities, health club
and more. 600 sites. A Mayo Clinic is located in Scottsdale.
$42+Daily. Also, weekly, monthly, and annual.
1149 N. 92nd St., Scottsdale - Ph: 480-945-0787
Phoenix Area - Southeast
Mesa (25 minutes to Phoenix):
Venture Out Rates
Summer season rates $35. daily - Winter season: $65.+/day plus tax - No pets.
- Venture Out RV Resort in Mesa Resident-Owned - Own your own lot and home at Luxury RV Resort - large community of 1750 homes with numerous activities and amenities - lush landscaping and west of the Superstition Mountains. Also, 20 RV overnight spaces. No pets. Some home rentals 5001 E. Main Street - Ph: 480-832-0200
- Greenfield Village - Resident-Owned Mesa - own your own lot and use with a park model or RV - many activities, pool and spas. 793 units. You may also rent an RV lot or park model. 2-month minimum rental during high season. 111 S. Greenfield Rd. - Ph: 480-832-6400 - Sales or rentals
- Carriage Manor Resident-Owned - Mesa - Park model and RV lots for sale or rent. Ideal for snowbirds. Activities. 25 miles to Phoenix and ten miles to Superstition Mountains - One-month rental minimums. 7750 E. Broadway - Ph: 480-984-1111
Mesa Regal Rates:
RV Sites: $39+/night; $235+/week; also monthly & annual rates
Vacation Rentals: $695+/week; $1995/mo.; also annual
(please verify all prices)
- Mesa Regal - Land-Leased - Mesa by Cal-Am Resorts - Over 2000 sites--one of the largest RV Resorts in Arizona. Too many activities and amenities to mention--four outdoor pools, computer and fitness centers, beauty salon, travel agency and massage therapy. Friday night dances and entertainment. Close to golf, casinos, shopping and more. $55+/night (also weekly, monthly and annual rates.
4700 E. Main St., Mesa - Ph: 480-830-2821
- Apache Wells Land-Leased - Mesa - East of Phoenix - Suburban environment - Several golfcourses in area and active golf residents. $44+/day. Also, weekly, monthly and annual rates. 2656 North 56th St., Mesa - Ph: 480-832-4324 - Reservations
- Good Life RV Resort Land-Leased - Mesa - Side trips to the Grand Canyon. Twenty minutes to Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe and Apache Junction. Daily, weekly, monthly or annual spaces. Hospitals, churches, restaurants and shopping nearby. $49.46+/day 3403 E. Main St., Mesa - Ph: 480-832-4990; 800-999-4990
- Sun Life Vacation Resort Land-Leased - Mesa - Dances are popular - large pool - enjoy a swim before lunch at the full service restaurant, The Cactus Ranch. Rentals when available. $45+/daily 5055 E. University Dr., Mesa - Ph: 480-981-9500
- Towerpoint Resort Land-Leased - Hometown community atmosphere with activities. Two heated pools, 2 hot therapy pools, tennis courts, shuffleboard, woodshop, exercise and more. Wi/fi service available. Lounge and big screen TV. Health services nearby: Mayo Clinic, Banner Health and Nextcare. Park patrol. Lot rental by day, week, month or year. Download monthly magazine. Daily: $40+ 4860 E. Main St., Mesa - Ph: 480-832-4996; 800-444-4996
- Val Vista Village - Land-Leased - Mesa - A community blending the old and the new. Four villages within one resort. Orange and grapefruit trees from the orchards that used to be here. For RV and non-RV residents. Some extras like super sites with fences and pull through sites. Manufactured homes for sale. Fully furnished luxury rentals. 233 No. Val Vista Dr., Mesa - 480-832-2547
- Valle del Oro Land-Leased - Mesa - Premier community (voted top 5 in America) - Lap pool and massage therapy on-site. Activities and amenities. 1452 So. Ellsworth Rd., Mesa - 480-984-1146
- El Dorado Mobile and RV - 178 spaces one block off main street - Resort amenities include pool, spa, clubhouse, social activities, and recreation. Superstition Mountains and walk to shopping.
$50/daily for RV - 202 East Meridien, Mesa - 480-986-2155
More in Mesa:
- Aztec Travel Trailer Resort - Mesa
4220 E Main St. - Ph: 480-832-2700
- Desert Vista - adult park and RV
124 South 54th - Ph: 480-663-3383
- Monte Vista Village Resort - Open all year
8865 E Baseline Rd. - Ph: 480-833-2223
- Orangewood Shadows RV Resort - RV Park of the Year - No pets - heated pools - 5 Stars
3165 E University Dr. - Ph: 480-832-9080
- Silver Sands RV - Open all year - Views - East Valley
9252 E Broadway Blvd. - Ph: 480-984-6731
- Silveridge RV Resort - Pool, tennis, luxury
8265 E Southern Ave. - Ph: 480-373-7000
- The Resort RV Park - Superstition Mountains area
1101 S. Ellsworth Rd. - Ph: 480-986-8404
- Land-Leased Canyon Vistas
- Gold Canyon (43 minutes southeast of Phoenix) - by Cal-Am - Southeast of Phoenix at base of
Superstition Mountains - Enjoy a walk or bike ride among saguaro cactus.
Over 600 sites. 6601 E. US Highway 60, Gold Canyon - Ph: 480-288-8844
- Land-Leased Gold Canyon RV and Golf Resort -
By Roberts Resorts - Gold Canyon - Gated community in East Valley of
Phoenix with views of Superstition Mountains. 9-hole golf course. Pool,
activities and more. Any size RV. Vacation home rentals. Daily, weekly,
monthly, annual rates. Daily is $55-$65 (high season)
7151 East Highway 60 - Ph: 480-982-5800
Permanent Sites (land leased):
- Superstition Views - By Cal Am - Lots still available for your RV plus site with casitas, RV pad with hookups and garages.
6601- e U.S. 60, Gold Canyon
East of Phoenix
Park Model Spaces to enjoy seasonally or permanent:
- Land-Leased Park Place East RV - Apache Junction - 40 minutes east of Phoenix - A very nice resort in the Mesa/Apache Junction area of the Valley of the Sun -- a 173 site, 55+ community, so it is a nice, smaller resort. It has a full array of amenities, including clubhouse with a large meeting room, kitchen for residents' use, billiard room, exercise equipment, outdoor pool and spa, shuffle board, horse shoes and more.
All of this is set in a desert landscape environment just minutes to shopping, banking, health-care, golfing and other attractions. Mostly park models and some rentals and RV sites.
The owner told me they desire to "make it a wonderful winter home for their snow-bird residents."
146 N. Merrill Rd., Apache Junction - Ph: 480-986-2378
For more information on Park Place East RV, see our article on RV Park Life.
- La Hacienda RV Resort Views of Superstition Mountains - Award-winning luxury gated resort with activities, large pool and spa. 1797 W. 28th Ave., Apache Junction - Ph: 480-982-2808
- Sunrise RV Resort By Roberts Resorts in heart of Apache Junction. Gated community for 55+. Small town feel. Winter homes. Pet Section. Pool. 1403 West Broadway Ave. - Ph: 480-983-2500
- Desert Sky
- Apache Junction - 84 space park - will accommodate big rigs -
clubhouse with social activities - Extended stay available - RV park
models for sale or rent. 900 S. Idaho Rd. - Ph: 888-954-0444 - Managers on Site at Spaces 55 and 63.
- Ironwood Park - RV resort living - 43 rv spaces and 58 mobile sites - socially active community - pool and spa, free wifi, recreation and more.
1280 N. Ironwood Dr., Apache Junction - 480-982-3413
- Shiprock RV Resort - 120 spaces with views of Superstitious Mountains - pool, spa, recreation, social activities and more. A Woodall top-rated park. Daily, weekly, annual rates available.
1700 W. Shiprock St., Apache Junction - 480-505-1300
Sierra Leone MHP and RV - For RV'ers or permanent mobile homes or park models - A relaxing pace with a family feeling. Resort amenities including lap pool, spa, social activities, recreation and more.
1804 W. Tepee St., Apache Junction - 480-982-5962
More Apache Junction:
- La Hacienda Retirement RV Resort
1797 W. 28th Ave. - Ph: 480-982-2808
- Superstition Lookout RV - Full hookups only - Open all year - Big rigs okay - resort amenities include pool and spa, recreation, social activities and more. 188 sites with large patios.
1371 E. 4th Ave. - Ph: 480-982-2008
- Superstition Sunrise - Open all year - luxury RV park - views
702 So. Meridian - Ph: 480-986-4524
West of Phoenix
- Cotton Lane - Goodyear - 21 miles west of Phoenix - Affordable luxury in the West Valley of Phoenix.
Northwest of Phoenix
- Sunflower - In Surprise by Cal-Am - 35 miles Northwest of metro Phoenix. Close to Lake Pleasant for boating and fishing. Hundreds of activities. Desirable premier resort that fills up fast--make reservations early. This luxury community is gated. $55+ Daily - Also, weekly, monthly, and annual. 16501 N. El Mirage Rd., Surprise - Ph: 623-583-0100 Reservations
- Pueblo El Mirage in El Mirage - 26 miles northwest of Phoenix - The heart of the Sonoran Desert - RV and golf resort by Roberts Resorts -Near Phoenix - 55+ gated active adult retirement community - Land Lease - Close to shopping and medical facilities. Home sales and RV Resort. High season is $49+/daily.
11201 N El Mirage Rd, El Mirage - Ph: 623-583-0464
Country Club Mobile and RV
- Country Club Park - Mobile and RV Park - North of Phoenix - clubhouse and pool, recreation and social activities - 12 full hookup RV sites for overnight or longer term stays. Current rent is $50 daily includes electric (verify). Discounts for longer stays. Natural desert landscaping. On US 60.
1855 West Wickenburg Way, Wickenburg - 928-684-2110
South of Phoenix
- Palm Creek Golf and RV Resort - Casa Grande - 48 miles south of Phoenix between Phoenix and Tucson - for sale or lease - park models - rentals - RV destination and a premier country club lifestyle with golf for temporary or permanent. Activities Director. 1110 North Henness Rd., Casa Grande - Ph: 800-421-7004
- Fiesta Grande RV Resort Within city limits. Many activities planned by social director - pool, clubhouse, fitness center and more. Call for availability if you wish to stay longer than 30 days. No tents. Cabins and Rentals available. Pets are allowed (see rules). 1511 East Florence Blvd., Casa Grande - 877-864-2728
More Casa Grande:
- Casita Verde - Big rigs acceptable
2200 N. Trekell Rd. - Ph: 520-836-9031
- Las Colinas RV - Full hookups only - Open all year
7136 S. Sunland Gin Rd. - Ph: 520-836-5050
- Foothills West RV - close to casinos
19501 W. Hopi Dr. - Ph: 520-836-2531
Other Areas: Northern Arizona Areas
Current Temperature for Prescott:
- Orchard Ranch - Prescott - (100 miles north of Phoenix) This senior resort has it all - rentals, purchase lots, short or long term. All the fabulous resort amenities and close to Prescott. 11250 East State Route 69, Dewey, AZ - Ph: 928-772-8266
- Pine Lawn Ranch - Prescott - Be in town but feel a part of the country - 55 resort but during certain times open to all ages. Many options for renting. Also mobile homes. 910 West Gurley St., Prescott - Ph: 928-445-3924 - Office closed Sunday
- Pioneer RV Resort - North Valley of Phoenix near Prescott, good for big rigs - Activities - heated pool/spa - 36408 N. Black Canyon Highway, Phoenix -
Juniper Ridge RV Resort - Show Low - White Mountains - approx. 3 hours drive to Phoenix - Gated 55+ RV Resort features many amenities all year including executive 18-hole golf with pro shop on site, craft building, clubhouse, pool, spa, tennis, lakes, fishing nearby, more golf nearby, library, and more. Elevation: 6100 ft
529 privately owned lots, many with RV park models for sale or rent year-round. Minimum rental is 3 days.
1911 Juniper Ridge Dr., Show Low, AZ - 928-537-4805
- Waltners Mountain Crest - Show Low - 8000 foot elevation - Open May 1-Oct 15 - White Mountains
4800 S 28th St., Show Low - 928-537-4611
- Casa Malpais - Springerville - summer senior park (summer temperatures mid-80's)
- Fiesta RV Resort - Bullhead City - 4 hours to Phoenix - Allows
other ages on short term. Bullhead City - Value rates with luxury
amenities. Park models or RV/motorhome - no dogs allowed. Near Colorado
River and casinos. RV must be 10 years or newer and minimum 26'. 3190 Highway 95, Bullhead City - Ph: 800-982-1750;928-758-7989
Tucson (116 miles SE of Phoenix)
- Desert Pueblo Mobile Home and RV Park - Monthly only. There are 77 monthly 55+ RV spaces that you fill out an application for. After approval you can make your reservation. Accommodates big rigs, pullouts and more. No tents.
One pet per RV is allowed but see restrictions on size etc. The mobile homes prices vary. There are approx. 400 new and resale mobile home lots. The park offers many amenities including 2 pools, 2 Jacuzzis, social activities, recreation and more. Golf and shopping in area. See sales on website.
There is security--please inquire about type.
1302 West Ajo Way, Tucson - 520-889-9557
- Pato Blanco Lakes RV Resort - Benson (Southwest of Tucson)
635 E Peral - Ph: 520-586-8966
- Pueblo del Sol - Sierra Vista - South of Tucson - Pool, spa
3400 Resort Dr. - Ph: 520-378-0213
- Western Way - near Tucson oasis setting near Sonoran Desert Museum
Rincon Country RV Resorts - East (of Tucson) and West (of Tucson)
2 top-rated RV parks - Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Seasonal and Annual rates:
Park cottage - Photo by Rincon Country
- Rincon Country East - Tucson - Gated top-rated Good Sam parks - pool, spa, tennis, wood shop. Rent park cottage - bring your own RV or buy a park cottage. Lavish recreation, heated pool and spas, activities and entertainment (in season). 460 spaces. Shuttle to Tucson attractions. Reasonable rental rates. Land-leased.
8989 E Escalante - Ph: 1-888-401-8989 - Models open daily (in season)
- Rincon Country West - West of Tucson - 1100 spaces - Rent a site or park model. Gated entry, pool and spas, activities, recreation and more.
4555 S. Mission Rd. - Ph: 520-294-5608
- Rolle's Lynda Vista - Yuma - family-owned, pool, clubhouse, laundry, in-town
2900 W Fifth St., Yuma - 928-782-9009, 888-847-9009
- Del Pueblo RV Park and Tennis Resort - Open Sept-May, views, pets ok
14794 Ave 3E, Yuma - 928-341-2100
- Villa Alameda - full hookups only
3547 S Ave., #5E, Yuma - 520-344-8081
- Most parks give a small break on price the longer the length of stay. Some have minimum stays.
- Rates may be lower depending on the season.
- Always check the park's terms, conditions and policies as they vary. Some do not allow pets.
- Verify prices and check what each park will include in price. Tax is added.
- Always call first to verify availability and amenities.
- Information and prices can change without notice.
- Some parks only accept certain types of vehicles.
- The high season is usually Nov-March and rates are higher.
(Verify rates as they change annually.)
Map of locations for Cal Am and Roberts Resorts:
View Arizona RV parks for seniors by Cal Am and Roberts Resorts in a larger map
Resorts with Rentals:
Best to make advance reservations if coming for the Season (Oct-April).
Val Vista Village
North Valley Phoenix:
Desert Shadows - 2 RV 1-BR park models $450/week - no pets in rentals - no smoking
Park Place East RV (check for availability)
Palm Creek Golf and RV
Pine Lawn Ranch
Rincon Country East and West
Juniper Ridge RV Resort - 529 lots in the White Mountains area - 10 miles to Show Low.
Best Winter Resorts:
Mesa Regal in Mesa
Sunrise RV in Apache Junction
Pueblo El Mirage in El Mirage
Gold Canyon RV in Gold Canyon
Back to top for more pages on Arizona.