55+ Manufactured Homes California...
A True Paradise
Manufactured Homes in California can be paradise. I
consider California an ideal retirement state for climate, ease of
finding fresh food and year-round outdoor activities. These communities are so tempting because you can find resale homes for much less than $100,000 in ocean, desert or lake locales. They can be for vacations, snow-birding or permanent.
Southern CaliforniaNorthern CaliforniaMost Popular on this page
Southern California Areas
Long BeachSan DiegoInland Areas
Palm Springs and the desert communities:
Current Temperature in Palm Springs, California:
There are numerous manufactured homes communities in the desert areas
of Palm Springs, but since most of them are resales only and don't have
websites, you may find them through a local Realtor.
- Tri Palms Estates and Tri Palms Villas - Thousand Palms - Manufactured homes. May own your land. Low homeowners fees include free 18-hole golf.
32851 Desert Moon Dr., Thousand Palms - 760-343-5256
- Tram view - Cathedral City near Palm Springs by Follett - Activities and amenities. Also RV. 67920 East Palm Canyon Dr.
- Skys Haven Senior Mobile Home Park - 3 pools at different temperatures, 2 spas, clubhouse, recreation, saunas, gated and more (verify all information).
14777 Palm Dr., Desert Hot Springs - 760-329-6751
Indio near Palm Springs:
Twenty miles from Palm Springs. If you look on a package of
dates, you will often see that they are grown in Indio--tall date trees
stand like sentinels in this quiet area. If you like date shakes, this
is the place to try them. Three months of summer are very hot when air
conditioning is necessary to stay cool or take a dip in nearby hot
- Bermuda Palms - West Indio - Close to India Palms Country
Club. Borders popular La Quinta. On twenty acres with 185 homes.
Community Center, large pool, RV storage. 200+ palms.
80-870 Highway 111, Indio - 760-347-0103
- La Quinta Ridge - Indio - Gated community with community center, pool, spa, RV storage and more. 51-555 Monroe St., Indio
Desert Hot Springs
This location is very close to Palm Springs and
it is my favorite. A little more country and very relaxed. Lots of
spas, hot springs and good Mexican food.
- Hidden Sands Golf and Racquet Club - Desert Hot Springs - Premier
gated community with 9-hole golf course. Views of beautiful Mount San
Jacinto. Community Center and tennis. New and resale homes with land lease. Minutes to Palm Springs amenities
and Palm Desert.
15500 Bubbling Wells Rd., Desert Hot Springs
Hemet - approx. 30 miles to Palm Springs
- Colonial Country Club Hemet - Gated community with golf, pool and more. Some inexpensive resales listed on their site. Desert scenery. 601 N. Kirby Street Ph: 951-282-5121
- Arroyo Fairways - Hemet - by ARC - 9-hole golf and San Jacinto views. Clubhouse, pool and more. 42751 E. Florida Ave., Hemet
Menifee - 16 miles from Hemet
- Bel Air Estates - Menifee - small town in Riverside County - pool, clubhouse; also near health facilities. Near Loma Linda Medical Center. 27150 Shadel Rd. - 951-679-2080
Long Beach in Los Angeles County:
- Belmont Shores Mobile Estates in Long Beach - Gated waterfront community offering marina views.
6230 E. Marina View Dr., Long Beach - 562-431-4132
San Diego County
- Emerald Lake Village Oceanside - Gated cape cod styled resale
single-family homes near Pacific Ocean. RV storage for fee and as
available. Many amenities. $200's
Fallbrook, North San Diego County:
A very different area from the desert areas. Here you are close to the ocean and the climate is nearly perfect all year.
Crestview Estates in Fallbrook - North San Diego County - Community
Center, pool, spa and the area offers activities for an active
retirement all year.
Warner Springs, San Diego County:
- Stone Ridge Estates, Warner Springs - 35109 Highway 79 South - Ph: 760-782-3145 - This community of manufactured homes are in a country area near Temecula - Pool/spa, fishing lakes, boating, gated RV park, clubhouse and on-site manager. (hot springs nearby.) Resale from $100's. Great as a vacation home or permanent. Approx. 2 hours to Los Angeles.
Please see San Diego communities for more mobile and manufactured communities for 55+.
Southern California Inland Areas
- Riverside Meadows - Lake Forest - 4000 Pierce St. - pool, shuffleboard, social activities - 951-687-3030
- El Toro Estates - Manufactured homes community. Country club living. Meadows Management. New and resale. Pool, spa, sauna.
24921 Muirlands Blvd., Lake Forest
San Bernardino County
- Mountain View Villas - Apple Valley - choose a lot and build your manufactured home. Lot rent. Ground-set double wide with 2-car garage. 90 minutes to Los Angeles.
21621 Sandia Rd., Apple Valley - Call to view 760-240-4434
View Larger Map
Santa Cruz County along the Northern Pacific Coast
Santa Cruz has many choices in manufactured or mobile home communities in a variety of price ranges, land leased or resident-owned. Check with local Realtors.
- DeAnza Santa Cruz - 198 homes. You will rent the space but own the home. Rents vary widely depending on location. Some waterfront sites. Pool, clubhouse, exercise room. 2395 Delaware Avenue, Santa Cruz 95060. Phone: 831-423-8660. Resales - contact a local Realtor.
- Montevalle - In Scotts Valley, Santa Cruz County - Resales - This is an amazing community. The landscaping is so lush you cannot tell these are not site-built homes. Own your own land. Country club amenities. Please check with a local Realtor to confirm information. Please also do your own investigation to confirm the types of homes in this community.
Also check mobile homes for Aptos, Santa Cruz, Soquel and Capitola areas in Santa Cruz County.
Sacramento Area: Elk Grove
The Oaks - 154 land-lease spaces for 55+ - Pool, RV and boat storage, recreation, social activities.
9761 E. Stockton Blvd., Elk Grove - 916-685-2786
Coarsegold in Sierra Foothills:
- Oak Creek - minutes from Yosemite - pool, tennis, clubhouse, RV storage. Land-lease community.
46041 Road 415, Coarsegold - 877-674-5276 - Open weekdays
Lake Oroville in Sierra Foothills:
- The Oaks Senior Community - Lake Oroville in Northern California about 1 1/2 hours north of Lake Tahoe in the Sierra foothills. Gated resort on 80 acres of rolling hills with homes designed to blend into the woodland landscape. Spacious settings. Fishing and boating.
185 Clubhouse Parkway, Oroville - 800-700-5522
Fremont near San Jose
For those who like a country feeling with California oaks and bucolic countrysides yet close to major employment centers and city culture...Fremont. The amazingly designed freeway system gets you to Oakland, Silicon Valley and San Francisco easily for work or play. San Jose is less than thirty minutes drive.
- Niles Canyon in Fremont - Community Center, pool, spa, sauna, RV storage and more. 711 Old Canyon Rd., Fremont - 510-792-7303
San Pablo is twenty minutes to Oakland and 45 minutes to the heart of the wine country in Napa. Suburban area with convenient access to many exciting Northern California areas: ocean, mountain, great cities, wine country and more.
- Tara Hills Mobile Manor San Pablo - East Bay - By Cal-Am Here is a community with some view homes overlooking the Bay. Community Center with fireplace, heated pool, spa, RV and boat storage.
16401 San Pablo Ave. Tara Hills Mobile Manor
North of San Francisco. Sonoma County is wine country. 30-45 minute drive to the wineries and restaurants in Napa, Calistoga and St. Helena. Enjoy the hot springs in Calistoga.
- The Orchard - Clubhouse, pool and spa, sauna, tennis and more.
1945 Piner Rd., Santa Rosa - 707-526-7624
(Please verify all information for California Manufactured Homes.)
Most Popular on this page:
Tri Palms Estates
Return to Manufactured Homes Communities page
Many San Diego Manufactured Homes