New Hampshire Retirement Communities
...quaint New England towns
New Hampshire retirement communities have a country feeling in
many quaint, historic villages, rural woods, lake areas or coastal beach
towns. There are also cities like Nashua rated one of Money Mag's top
five places to live.
There are great tax advantages in New Hampshire. People come from nearby states to retire in New Hampshire and take advantage of them.
New Hampshire has beautiful, diversified scenery. Famous people from New
Hampshire include Robert Frost, President Franklin Pierce, Supreme
Court Justice David Souter, JD Salinger, who retreated to New Hampshire
for privacy after writing Catcher in the Rye, Daniel Webster, Adam
Sandler and more. It's motto is "Live Free or Die."
Best new New Hampshire Communities
- Derry: Bunker Estates
- Durham: Riverside Landing
- Exeter: The Village at Sterling Hill
- Kingston: Kings Landings
- Londonderry: Hickory Woods
- Nashua: Cahill Place
- Rye: Sea Glass Lane
- Coming Soon: River's Edge
View Larger Map
The New Hampshire Visitors Site (one of the best visitor's sites I've seen), Visit New Hampshire, lists 7 tourist regions in New Hampshire.
Commute to Boston
from New Hampshire
These areas are close enough to commute to Boston:
- East Kingston
East Kingston (Seacoast Area)
Also see Rockingham County on the coast, below.
- Country Hills of East Kingston (Seacoast Area) - Resales - 50 minutes to Boston and twenty minutes to Portsmouth. The real New
England in these quaint country towns of Southern New Hampshire. Single
homes started low $300,000's. Autumn Lane (off Route 108)
Nashua (Merrimack Valley)
Nashua is the 2nd largest city in NH and one of Money Mag's Top Five Places to Live.
- The Huntington at Nashua - Nashua - Lifecare program available - apartments and spacious cottages on 52 wooded acres (the cottages are a very popular and unique feature) - Activities and amenities include indoor pool/spa, beauty salon/barber, library, garden areas and more. The Huntington staff will help with moving. Independent living community with entry fee and monthly rent.
55 Kent Lane - 603-821-1200
- Cahill Place - Milford - Very affordable pricing for this area - senior 3-story elevator building - small condos start $79,500. Heat, water, snow removal included in condo fee (verify). There are some rental units at $950 (verify). Nashua is 8 miles. 603-459-2818
Continuing care community in Nashua:
- Hunt Community - Continuing care community with spacious studios to 2-bedroom apartments. Enjoy an independent lifestyle but assisted living and nursing care available if ever needed. Social and activity calendar. Entry fee and monthly fee.
10 Allds St., Nashua - 603-821-1200
Resales in Amherst
- Summerfield of Amherst - 10 miles to Nashua - By Etchstone Properties - Spacious homes with many luxury features considered standard. Small historic country town. 77 Summerfield Way, Amherst - 603-724-2655
Resales in East Kingston
- Country Hills of East Kingston (Seacoast Area) - Resales - 50 minutes to Boston and twenty minutes to Portsmouth. The real New England in these quaint country towns of Southern New Hampshire. Single homes started low $300,000's. Autumn Lane (off Route 108)
See Local Realtors for resales in Hudson
- Mission Pointe - For 62+ Now sold out - luxury single homes in a former retreat property surrounded by woods. By Etchstone.
200 Lowell Rd., Hudson
- Abbies Landing
- Hudson Meadows
- Lexington Place
- Oak Ridge Estates
- Sparkling River
- The Village at Reeds Brook
- Westchester Place
Resales in Nashua
- Hayden Green - North Nashua - By Etchstone - singles, duplexes and condos. Clubhouse, fitness. 50 mi. to Boston and 10 mi. to Manchester Airport. Sold out.
Concord St. - 603-557-1117
- Riverwalk at Bedford - single homes sold out - now choose from available carriage homes start $300's. Beautiful country area.
10 minutes to Mall of New Hampshire. Walking paths have access to Heritage Trail on Merrimack River.
65 Hawthorne Dr. - 603-512-2284 (Call for appt with agent Jeff)
- Sugar Hill at Wolfeboro - Continuing care co-op community on Lake Winnipesauke - full of scenic natural beauty. Co-op style of ownership. Also features assisted living and respite care if needed. All inclusive fees. Dining fee. Apartments start low $100's and cottages start low $200's.
83 Rolling Wood Dr. (off 109) - 603-569-8485
- Woodside apartments at Taylor Community - Continuing care
community or choose regular shorter term agreement. Apartments and
cottages - independent living with a lodge ambience. Enjoyable for
those who love nature and the outdoors. Many activities and amenities. Also in Wolfboro and Pennbrooke.
- Wesley Woods - Gilford - cottages near Lake Winnipesaukee for 62+ -
near banking, medical and shopping. Not a continuing care community but
has an entry fee. Lots and floorplans available to build your home. 18 Wesley Way, Gilford - 603-528-2555
Lakes Region Visitor Association
RV Resort in Wolfeboro Falls
- Lake Forest RV Resort - Wolfeboro Falls - visit or purchase park model - seasonal rentals - resort covers 100 acres. Forest Meadows Executive Golf Course on property.
150 Dearborn Rd., East Wakefield - 603-522-3306
(Also see Commute to Boston, above.)
Current weather for Nashua: https://www.wunderground.com/US/NH/Nashua.html?bannertypeclick=smalltemp
- Bunker Estates - 55+ New construction low-rise garden-style condo buildings with elevator (verify). Residential area close to downtown. Starts in low $200's. Clubhouse lifestyle. I-93 to Exit 4 Fordway St.
- Birch Heights by Holiday Small town of Derry NH - So much included in the rental fee - meals cooked from scratch. Low rise building. Independent living.
7 Kendall Pond Rd., Derry - 603-476-3477 - Open 7-7
Bow (outside Concord)
- Stone Sled Farm - Bow, NH - Duplex units in central NH near
Concord - affordable country living - new homes start $265,000 - Ask
about Easy Move Program. Woodhill Hooksett Rd. - 603-226-9400
- Mill Pine Village - Small low maintenance community of 38 single family modular homes. Garages and basements. 100 North Rd., Chester
- Pleasant View Retirement Concord (state's capital) - No entrance fee at this independent apartment community with access to healthcare. 72 elegant apartments with restaurant, housekeeping beauty salon and more available. Beautiful low-rise building.
227 Pleasant St., Concord - 603-225-3970
2 area hospitals as well as New England Heart Institute. Near Concord.
Resales in Lake Region
- Berry Hill Estates - Near Concord - Small community of medium to large new 2-bedroom homes. By Thibeault - Started low $300's. Near New England Heart Institute. Options are extra. Cherry Lane, Hooksett - Contact Nancy at 603-472-1010
Rockingham County and parts of Southern Strafford County:
- Arbor Woods - Small to medium sized 2-bedroom single homes bordered by walking trails. Features include basements, attics, air conditioning, low maintenance, garages and community center with recreation. Cielo Dr., Dover (near Portsmouth)
- Riverside Landing - 2 bedroom/ 2 Bath waterfront condos priced from low $400's. Selling quickly. Every unit has a boat slip and deep water dock (verify). Gardening. Location is excellent near the University of New Hampshire and Portsmouth.
Piscataqua Rd., Durham - 800-450-7784
- Riverwoods Exeter - small town near Portsmouth on the Seacoast. Continuing care community. Also a college town being the home of Phillips-Exeter Academy. Entry fee and monthly fee. Also, now offering direct admission to assisted living.
7 RiverWoods Dr., Exeter - 603-772-4700
- New The Village at Sterling Hill - Contemporary-styled building with smallest square footage - future buildings have larger units. Starts high $200's. Low rise elevator building of 128 units--these types sell quickly. Underground parking, clubhouse, and more.
6 Sterling Hill Lane Unit 612, Exeter - 888-471-3170 - Call to see
- Black Rocks Village - Fremont - By Lewis builders - New New Hampshire ranch homes - condo community - Starts high $100's.
162 Hall Rd., Fremont - 603-498-1185 - Closed Fridays
- Governor's Forest - land leased manufactured single homes priced in upper $100's. Resales - Tarah Way, Fremont - see local Realtors
- Irongate Village - Single homes near the coast. Area is 45 minutes north of Boston. Historic town and village. W Rd., Hampstead
- The Oaks at Ross Colony - small 1 and 2-bedroom condos in low $100's 2 miles to beach. See local Realtors for resales.
Kingston and East Kingston
- New Kings Landings - 44 single homesites near coast and also easy commute to Boston. By Trendezza Homes. Starts upper $200's. Marshall Rd., Kingston
- New Village at Granite Fields Condominiums - Large 2-bedroom homes abutting golf course and priced in $300's. 5 miles to Massachusetts border and approximately 1 hour drive to Boston.
7 Rte 125, Kingston (golf course)
(also see commute to Boston, above)
- New Hickory Woods - Spacious single homes in low maintenance community. 2 Bedrooms with 2-car garage in low $400's.
- Sargent Woods By Lewis Builders in Newton - 80 2-bedroom single condo homes in rural area. RV Storage - Community garden and more.
2 Nichols Dr., Newton, NH - 603-489-9449
- Sea Glass Lane - Rye - For 62+ - 20 New England contemporary-styled single homes - 1.7 mi to seacoast - Contact Gary at 603-661-7470
- The Vineyards at Stratham In final phase - new and resale in $400's - wooded area - detached single level condominiums
Vineyard Dr. (near Exeter)
Resales in Seacoast Region
See for resales - check with local Realtor:
- Buttrick Village
- Cohas Landing
- Forest Hills
- Harvest Village
- Parrish Hills
- Hampton Meadows in Hampton - 603-868-1262 (Property Manager)
- Sugarplum Hill Condos - Large 2 bedroom single homes - low maintenance community built 2008 - Approx. $300's - Contemporary style with Victorian design touches - Sugarplum La.
- The Nevins - Spacious 2 bedroom homes - approx. upper $300's - Low condo fees - Built in 2009 - clubhouse and pool and more (verify all information) on Nevins Dr., Londonderry
- Mill Pond Crossing - Brentwood - Only 47 attached and detached condominiums in country area. Approx. 16 miles to coastal beaches. Clubhouse, walking trails, garden; homes feature gas fireplaces, granite kitchens. Priced in low to medium $200's. Sold out.
GPS, use 430 South Rd., Brentwood, NH - 866-778-6400
- The Cottages at Sprucewood - Durham - near Univ. of NH - by Chinburg Builders. Over 55 community of single and duplex homes in community of Sprucewood. Were priced in mid-$300's. Access train to Boston and Portland. Scenic trails. Sold out. 2 miles to downtown Durham - 866-778-6400 (The Gove Group)
- Leddy Fields Condos - Epping - 1 and 2-story codex-style (codex refers to duplex-verify) low-maintenance condominiums with clubhouse amenity. Small town is known for area cultural events, Leddy Center for the Performing Arts, stock car races and thriving pick your own veggies enterprises. Low $200's.
1 Leddy Dr., Epping - 800-422-6212
- Village at Hampton Center - Hampton - 21 contemporary-styled condos in low level elevator building with garage parking.
603-235-2345x119 (Mgr.) CPManagement
- The Vineyards at Stratham - Sold Out - Resale in $400's - wooded area - detached single level condominiums by The Gove Group.
Vineyard Dr., Stratham (near Exeter)
Resale over 55 communities by Lewis builders (Seacoast Region): Lewis Builders Over 55 Communities:
- Lamplighter Estates Also by Lewis Builders in Kingston, NH - past project - resales only condominiums - 62+ age limit
- Maplevale @ Cricket Hill East Kingston by LewisBuilders - 66 condominiums - There are also other communities in this Kingston area. Resales only. Maplevale
- Angle Pond Woods In rural Hampstead - by Lewis Builders - 116 condominiums - walking distance to shopping and restaurants.
Dartmouth-Lake Sunapee Area
Continuing Care Community
- Kendal at Hanover - 2 miles to Dartmouth College - 65+ -
residents have outstanding access to learning in a university-linked community - see detailed information
on website. Continuing care community. Small New Hampshire town with
New England country ambiance.
80 Lyme Rd., Hanover - 603-643-8900
More New Hampshire Communities on separate pages:
Jensen River Pines