Rhode Island Retirement Communities
Rhode Island retirement communities for 55+ are located near ocean, beaches and bays. Providence is a city that maintains a small college town feeling. Three great colleges are located here: Brown, Rhode Island School of Design and Johnson & Wales culinary.
New England homes with 18th century architecture can be seen throughout downtown Providence and Newport.
55+ homes by the Atlantic Ocean shore in Rhode Island..
- Winnapaug Cottages - Westerly - Luxurious detached homes on condominium land. 140-acre preserve on Shore Road, minutes from beaches. Homes from $800's.
128 Shore Rd., Westerly - 401-596-3000
- Champlin Woods - sister development to Winnapaug Cottages - new condos (some great views) from mid-$400,000's to over $1 Mil - Between Watch Hill and Weekapaug - Small community of 5 buildings - 1 mile to Atlantic Ocean - 46 miles to Providence - Clubhouse and much more.
128 Shore Rd., Westerly - 866-208-7588 (office hours vary)
- Wakefield Meadows in Wakefield. Price: $$$ From $350,995 - large homes one mile to ocean amenities. Approx. 40 minutes to Providence. Started mid-$300's.
115 Hampton Way Sold out - check for resales
- Bayridge Condos - Middletown, Newport area - 345 Forest Ave. - Clubhouse and recreation. 2 miles to beaches. Views of Newport Bridge. Medium to large homes by Greenhill Builders.
Sold out. 60 units
Retirement Communities in Rhode Island with waterfront views on the Bay:
- Villages on Mount Hope Bay - Luxurious townhomes and mid-rise condos on the waterfront - Amenities include clubhouse, pool, tennis, pond. Contemporary-styled.
120 Schooner Dr., Tiverton - 401-624-1300
55+ co-op in Providence:
Outstanding lifetime learning from programs at Brown University with Laurelmead senior co-op:
Laurelmead Retirement Community
- Providence - Excellent continuing ed program with Brown U and other
special programs worth checking out. Cooperative, which means you own
your apartment home. 23-acre wooded site in Providence.
Providence is a college town bustling with activity, historic architecture and quaint shops. Apartments start mid-$100's and up. Laurelmead
Contact: Diane at 401-273-9550/800-286-9550; Open by Appt.
Multigenerational Community with casita:
- New Reynolds Farm - By H A Fisher Homes - Single family homes and condos. They will offer in some plans casitas. A casita is a separate unit, usually attached, to the main house for elderly, guests, returning children etc. Multigenerational community. 20 miles to Providence and on the bay at North Kingstown. Prices start low $300's. 401-681-2538
Independent Living Communities for seniors:
- The Village at Waterman Lake - You can live independently and have assisted living available if necessary. Apartment lifestyle with services. Amenities include many social activities, spa facilities, chauffeured transportation, excursions, putting greens etc. Monthly rental. Rural area 12 miles to Providence.
715 Putnam Pike, Greenville, RI - 401-949-1333
An affordable retirement community in Providence:
View Larger Map
- A wonderful location in downtown Providence. Independent living with
assisted services available. Walk to Providence Place Mall. Studio, 1
and 2-bedroom affordable apartments.
100 Randall St., Providence - 401-453-9300
Northern Rhode Island
Laurelwood - North Smithfield - Low maintenance condo community on 58 acres of duplex homes in 81 buildings. Planned Community Center with social and recreational activities. Hiking trails. Large lots. One hour to Providence. If you go to the website, be sure and look at the beautiful New England interiors photo display.
170 Providence Pike, North Smithfield - Models open most Sat/Sun - call first to ensure they are open at sales office 401-356-1130