Atlanta Retirement Homes in Atlanta -
55+ communities closest to Atlanta
Find what is new, coming up, and resale in Atlanta area 55+ communities located in the Atlanta metropolitan area. Also see other areas of Georgia for 55+ communities in Georgia.
Contents on this page:
New Homes Communities:
Cherokee County: Woodstock, Canton
Cobb County: Acworth, Powder Springs, Kennesaw, Mableton, Marietta, Vinings
Coweta County: Sharpsburg
Fayette County: Peachtree City, Fayetteville
Forsyth County: Alpharetta
Fulton County: Johns Creek
Jackson County: Hoschton
Gwinnett County: Buford, Dacula, Grayson, Duluth, Lawrenceville, Snellville, Suwanee
Hall County: Gainesville, Flowery Branch
Morgan County: Buckhead
Paulding County: Hiram, Dallas
Spalding County: Griffin
Independent living apartments and Lifecare
- 55 communities in other counties in Georgia can be found on the Georgia page (separate page).
New retirement Communities in the Atlanta, georgia, area:
- Coming Glenhaven at Ridgewalk - Woodstock - By David Weekley Homes - Spacious to large single-family homes in gated 55+ community - Amenities include access to hiking and biking trails, pool, clubhouse, fitness activities and more. Easy access to downtown Woodstock. Near Olde Rope Mill Park. 151 Lorraine Parkway - Call for information or visit - 404-856-3817
- Hickory Bluffs - Canton - medium to large designer homes in small 55+ community starting in very low $300's - featuring clubhouse with resort-styled amenities - 1205 Bluffs Pkwy, Canton - 404-931-7462 - open by appointment
- Heritage at Towne Lake - Woodstock by David Weekley Homes - gated 55+ community of single homes on spacious lots with outdoor areas for entertaining. Amenities include clubhouse, pool, fitness center, walking trails and outdoor fireplace. Start upper-$300's. Near Towne Lake Hills Golf Club. 105 Sheridan Dr. - 800-407-9150
- Soleil Laurel Canyon - Canton - Award-winning senior living community in North Georgia foothills with views from high $200's. New floor plans now. Adjacent golf. Tennis Center. Clubhouse and more. Aging-in-place features. Final homes selling. 102 High Mountain Trace, Canton - 678-880-3071 - Open Daily
Cities in Cobb County: Acworth, Powder Springs, Kennesaw, Mableton and Marietta
- Wimberly by Pulte Homes - Powder Springs - Single homes priced in low $300's - 2727 Old Lost Mountain Rd., (West Cobb) - 678-839-9797
- Pickens Place - Powder Springs - Small community of 20 ranch homes by Lennar - from mid-$300's - 5711 Pickens Garden Lane, Powder Springs (verify county) - 404-931-7462 - Open Daily
- Prescott - Acworth - By Pulte Homes in Acworth - 2-4 bedroom ranch homes starting in upper $200's. New phase. 5341 Wade Green Rd., Acworth - 888-246-5324 - Open Daily
- Westbrook - Acworth - 39 2 and 3-bedroom single homes by Windsong Properties - Start high $200's - 6313 Woodstock Rd. - 770-516-3678 - Closed Sunday.
- Cedar Crest Village - Acworth - Active adult, senior targeted community - From the mid-$200's - 100 homes in the Seven Hills area (verify county located in). Cedarcrest Rd. and Graves Rd. - Phone: 678-580-9670 - See local Realtors.
- Marietta Township - Marietta - single homes by David Weekley from $358's. Clubhouse, bocce ball, community garden. 685 Calbert Circle -
- Mount Calvary at Kennesaw Mountain - Marietta - By Fortress Builders - 41 spacious single-family homes. Community has clubhouse, gym, walk trail, and is near Kennesaw Mountain Park. Prices in $500's. 232 Mount Calvary Rd. - 678-348-0322
- McGinnis Farm - Marietta - 45 spacious homes near Smyrna Market Village and Silver Comet Trail. From low $400's. 3245 Harris Rd., 678-898-7056
- Parc at Piedmont - Marietta - Apartment homes - Independent living - 999 Hood Rd. - Ph: 770-565-8828
- Sterling Estates - Marietta - In East Cobb Independent living in 2-bedroom cottages with entry fee or assisted living apartments - Amenities include indoor heated saltwater pool and Wellness Center. Specialists in wellness and fitness. Home health care also available in this active Holiday community. 4220 Lower Roswell Rd., Marietta - 678-946-4454
Coweta County, Atlanta metropolitan area, Ga.
- Timberbrook - Sharpsburg - Small town near conveniences - 226 homesites for large ranch homes on over 125 acres by Lennar Homes - Gated entry, clubhouse, pool, tennis courts and more. Starting low $300's. 15 Timberview Circle, Sharpsburg - 404-931-7462 - Call for appointment
Cresswind Peachtree City
- New Cresswind Peachtree City - Peachtree City, South of Atlanta - Award-winning 55+ community by Kolter Homes | Approx. 31 miles to Atlanta | 403 acres of rolling hills and lakes near the Southern Appalachians. | Miles of walking trails | Golf cart community (5 minutes to golf) with resort amenities. | Large to very large homes priced from upper $200's to $600's. Models to view. | Best place to retire awards. 146 Red Maple Dr. - 888-476-3017 - Open Daily
- New The Meadows - Fayetteville - 145 ranch homes with clubhouse and pool. Mid-$300's - Helen Sams Parkway, Fayetteville - 404-931-7462
- Coming Gatherings at Herrington - Single-level condos with garage by Beazer Homes - Planned pool - shop at The Collection at Forsyth - 3-minutes to GA-400 - Join the VIP List on their website for updates - 2852 Ronald Reagan Blvd. - 678-203-1500
- The Villas at Bethelview - Forsyth County - 55+ community by O'Dwyer Homes - Detached ranch homes in the Craftsman style. Amenities include clubhouse, pool, front porches, rear yards, exercise room, recreation and more. Short time offer: Free Gift Card when visiting (verify as can change.) 2-4 bedroom homes priced from the $300's.
Bethelville Rd and Kelly Mill Rd., 4220 Broadford Dr. - 404-731-9597 (Sandy) - Open Daily - almost sold out
- Coming Whispering Woods - Sought after area of Johns Creek - small active adult community by Lennar of 37 homesites - golf in area - trails, fire pit - 7603 McGinnis Ferry Rd., Johns Creek - 404-931-7462
- New Cresswind Georgia at Twin Lakes - Hoschton - Gated 55+ community by Kolter homes in master community of Twin Lakes. 940+ acres - 40 miles northeast of Atlanta. Will feature a large pickle ball complex and a full-time Lifestyle Director. Planned amenities also include clubhouse, pool, social clubs, outdoor recreation, two lakes with fishing, and much more. Less than a mile from downtown historic Hoschton and part of the master planned community of Twin Lakes. (Verify county). From $200's - 118 Hartwell Court, Hoschton - 762-444-6767 - Open Daily
- Del Webb at Chateau Elan - Hoschston (Please verify county) Small to large homes including a 1 BR cottage-style - Single ranch homes | 11 floor plans | Luxury amenities | Near Northeast Georgia Medical Center | Starting $300's - 5575 Napa Ridge Rd, Hoschston - 866-204-2324
Cities: Buford, Grayson, Dacula, Duluth, Lawrenceville, Suwanee, snellville:
- Aspen Grove - Grayson - Small 55+ community of 161 homesites with resort amenities by Lennar. Ranch homes, some with loft for extra space. Low maintenance. Optional screened-in patio. From low $300's. 2651 Moon Rd., Grayson - 404-931-7462
- Parc at Duluth - Duluth - Independent living apartment homes with personal care if ever needed
- No buy-in fee - 3315 Peachtree Industrial Blvd. Ph: 770-622-6880
- Laurel Grove - Lawrenceville - By Holiday - Independent living in a suburban setting with 2 hospitals
in the area - Apartments are studios, 1 and 2 bedroom and cottages. All
inclusive offering meals and housekeeping in rent. Holiday Retirement
has a travel program.
- Saddlebrook - Snellville - Single homes from $300's by Century Communities - 2437 Knob Creek Dr., Snellville - 470-582-0216 - Open Daily
Cities: Flowery Branch, Gainesville, Oakwood
- New Retreat at Sterling on the Lake - In Flowery Branch by David Weekley Homes. In master community Sterling on the Lake. Medium to large floor plans start in $300's. Resort amenities. 6828 Bungalow Rd. - Call for appointment 404-856-3817.
- New Stephens Point - Gainesville - Small gated 55 community of 174 medium to spacious ranch homes by Lennar - Amenities include 14 boat slips - community dock and access to Lake Lanier - amenities include swimming pool, clubhouse and sports court with pickle ball - 5062 Stephens Rd. - starting mid-$300's - 404-931-7462 - closed Thurs/Friday
- McEver Mill - Oakwood - 4535 McEver Rd., Oakwood - By Jim Chapman Homes. Attached homes starting in $220's (verify all information). Approx. 1 hour north of Atlanta
- The Homestead at Ridgewood Heights - Buckhead - By Jim Chapman Homes - 12 large luxury-styled 3-4 bedroom homes priced in $800's in upscale area - age-targeted - Moores Mill Rd., Buckhead
- Echols Farm - Hiram - By Windsong - Hiram - Ranch homes from high $200's. Selling from McConnell Green community - 4511 Macland Rd., Hiram - 678-401-2306
- Sun City Peachtree - Griffin, South of Atlanta - 35 miles south of Atlanta - By Del Webb - Canongate 18-hole golf course - tennis complex - Spalding County - small to large single homes - 2-night getaway program. 2-3 bedrooms (one smaller floorplan) - Starting from $200's. 1390 Jordan Hill Rd., Griffin - 866-889-5623
RESALE atlanta retirement homes in 55+ communities
(See your local realtors)
- Arbor Green - Kennesaw - By Acadia - Was from $280's - Sold out - brick ranch homes. 1528 Arbor Green Court NW, Kennesaw
- Brookhaven of East Cobb - Kennesaw - Started $240's - Ranch homes by Jim Chapman Communities - Gated award-winning community of single homes - brick and stone. 120 Chastain Rd.
- Encore - Kennesaw - By active adult builder Windsong. 46 single courtyard or private patio homes started from high $300's. Clubhouse. 1850 Mack Dobbs Rd.
- Falls Crest in Kennesaw by Del Webb - Ranch homes started from upper-$200's - medium to spacious homes - School tax exemption for 62+ and state tax exemption for those 65+ (verify) - 922 Wooten Lake Rd., Kennesaw
- Serenade by Windsong Life in Kennesaw - On Stilesboro Rd. - Cobb County has a senior exemption from school taxes (verify) - Spacious 2-3 bedroom single homes started in $330's. I love the wide front porch design and one floor plan features a retreat off the master bedroom. 3 miles to quaint downtown. Many features for aging in place by this builder specializing in active adult communities. 1600 Kennesaw Due West Rd., Kennesaw
- Victoria Crossing - Sold - Kennesaw - Single ranch homes with upstairs option. Started high $200's. By Fortress Builders - Near downtown Kennesaw - Moon Station Rd. - 404-890-0322
- Barrett Preserve - Marietta - By Fortress - Small community of 42 3 and 4-bedroom homes started in low $300's. Amenities include clubhouse. Barrett Parkway in Marietta
- Boxwood at Vinings - Vinings - Jim Chapman over 55 communities - 16 luxury single homes - some with basements - 25 minutes to downtown Atlanta. Were from mid-$600's. Cooperlake Dr., Vinings
- Chestnut Ridge of West Cobb - Marietta - By The Thomas Group near Marietta. 2 and 3-bedroom plans - clubhouse, pool, fitness.
- Village at Kendrick Farm - Marietta - Near Marietta by The Thomas Group - 32 ranch condominiums - walk to shopping, 2 and 3-bedroom plans, sunrooms, garages, patios offered.
- La Vida Facil - Marietta by Fortress - Small community of 42 single homes - Amenities include clubhouse. 3 and 4-bedroom plans started low $300's. 76 Ernest W Barrett Pkwy NW, Marietta
- Lake Bridge - Marietta - By Fortress - Single homes with upstairs option - started upper $200's. Hicks Rd., Marietta
- Cherokee Station - Woodstock - between Woodstock and Roswell in Hickory Flat neighborhood - By Orchard Group - 82 homes with clubhouse and saltwater pool. Started high $200's. Sold out.
- Garden Street - Woodstock - By active adult builder Windsong - North of Atlanta - heart of downtown - ranch homes designed for the senior buyer - started mid-$200's. 8420 Main St., Woodstock
- McConnell Green - Powder Springs - By Windsong Properties - Single homes in small community - Clubhouse, social activities, nature trail, community garden and more. Were from $298,000. 900 Corner Rd., Powder Springs
- Montclair at Ridgewalk - Woodstock
- Woodstock - By Windsong Properties
- The Orchards at East Cherokee - Woodstock - By The Orchards Group - 2-4 bedroom single homes and 2-4 bedroom ranch condominiums - Started upper $100,000's. Cherokee County. 124 Owens Farm Lane
- Linton & Main - Woodstock - In-town living - downtown Woodstock - walk to shopping, concerts, and dining - By Windsong. Near Greenprints Alliance Trail. Ten homes were priced in mid-$400's. 101 Linton St.
- Heron Pond - Woodstock - By Windsong - 2-bedroom homes started low $300's. Cherokee County exempts seniors from school taxes (verify). Downtown Woodstock is 5.5 miles. Sold out. 109 Heron Crossing, Woodstock - 770-516-3678
- Clover Creek - Woodstock - Only 35 single homes by Windsong Homes with courtyards started in mid-$300's. Large ranches or upstairs loft floor plans. Highway 92, Woodstock
- Somerset - Woodstock - Woodstock, GA By Windsong Properties - Sold out - Equestrian district - Exclusive and gated 59 luxury ranch homes started mid- $300's - detached ranch homes.
- Sweet Briar Farms Woodstock by Jim Chapman - 85 crafted homes. Luxury amenities include clubhouse, pool with plenty of seating, and outdoor lifestyle areas. Started mid-$300's. Minutes from downtown Woodstock and shopping. Sold - 13051 Trickum Rd., Woodstock
- Villas at Heritage Springs - Woodstock - Not over 55 but considered active adult homes. O'Dwyer Homes in Cherokee County luxury ranch attached and detached villa homes were from low $200's. Minutes to downtown Woodstock - 2-car garage - rear yards - clubhouse, pool and fitness. North of Atlanta. Highway 92 and Heritage Pointe - See local Realtors
- The Villas at Mountain View - Woodstock - Active adult homes sold well by O'Dwyer Homes. Amenities include clubhouse, pool, walk paths, sidewalks, fire pit, bocce ball, recreation and social activities. Detached 2-4 bedroom homes in the Craftsman style were priced from $300's. Mountain View Rd.
- Bel-Aire - Powder Springs - West Cobb - 2 to 3-bedroom homes started from mid-$200's. By Windsong Properties. Country
ambience by near town - Walking and biking available on nearby Silver
Comet Trail (61 miles long) - Clubhouse. 1851 Bullard Rd.
- Brookhaven at Sugarloaf - Duluth - Jim Chapman - Gated 2 and 3-bedroom homes - Were priced from $250's. Brick and stone construction. 2402 Brookhavenrun Circle, Duluth
- Brookhaven at Johns Creek - Gated - By Jim Chapman Homes - 2 to 4-bedroom ranch homes started in low $300's. 11108 Brookhaven Club Dr., Johns Creek
- Brookstone Manor - Acworth - 2 and 3-bedroom ranch homes started $230's in Brookstone Country Club in West Cobb. Golf, pool, tennis, clubhouse, social and more. By Fortress - Hedge Brook Dr.
- Brannon Oak Farm - Forsyth County - By The Orchards Group retirement communities - Forsyth County - Started high $200's. Stoney Point Rd.
- Brookhaven at Lanier Ridge - Forsyth County - By Jim Chapman Communities - 2 and 3-bedroom ranch homes - sold out - Gated - 2 miles to Lake Lanier - Clubhouse, pool, outdoor fireplace. Started in the $250's. 4174 Lanier Ridge Walk - See local Realtors for resales
- Nestledown Farm in Forsyth County by Jim Chapman Gated community of planned 80 single homes and 15 minutes to downtown. Amenities include clubhouse, pool, pickle ball and more. Across from First Baptist Church. Jim Chapman specializes in active adult communities. 1510 Sawnee Dr. - 770-317-1505 - Started mid-$300's
- Post Oak Glen - By Taylor Morrison (previously by Acadia Homes) - 94 ranch and 1-story plans on 40 acres of hills and glens. Started $300's. Basements available. Models open. Resort-like. 5510 Stellata Circle
- Cadence at Woodmont - Canton - John Wieland Homes - Gated large 3 and 4 bedroom homes -
access to Robert Trent, Jr. golf course - Clubhouse, pool, trails and
more. Started $300's to $400's. 174 Cadence Trail, Canton
- Concord Village - Mableton - Floyd Rd in Mableton - Near Silver Comet Trail - 2 and 3-bedroom ranch homes - Started $170's by Fortress - Clubhouse, pool and more.
- Cottages at Horseshoe Bend - Roswell - Gated enclave of 19 large homes (2200-3000SF), some with basements - near recently upgraded Horseshoe Bend Country Club (has 18-hole golf, tennis facility and more.) - 30 minutes to Atlanta and 20 minutes north of Bulkhead - started from high $500's. By Jim Chapman Communities. 2415 Steeplechase Lane, Roswell - North Fulton
- Creekside at Olde Town Conyers - Conyers - Single rustic ranch homes certified by Earth Craft homes for green energy. By Lifestyle Homes of Distinction. Clubhouse, pool, walk trails, gardens. Started in the $200's. 1597 Renaissance Dr., Conyers
Cresswind Lake Lanier in Gainesville, Ga. clubhouse
- Cresswind at Lake Lanier - Sold - Gainesville/Lake Lanier - By Kolter Homes - Historic Gainesville - Directly on Lake Lanier - Award-winning, gated community of 2-4 bedroom homes with many amenities - Attractive area for senior living - winner of OBIE award for 50+ Housing and other Awards. Large to very large single homes were from $400's to $600's. 3007 Scarlet Oak Lane, Gainesville
- Dawson Ridge - Dawsonville - By Jim Chapman - 193 small to medium ranch villas started from the $240's - 500 Lumpkin Campground Rd., Dawsonville
- Providence Glen - Riverdale - For 50+ by Brock-Built - Riverdale - Fulton County - Certified Easy Living Homes. Focused around a community park - single family homes.
- Grace - Acworth - Small community by Windsong - small to medium Craftsman-styled ranch homes started in high $200's. Clubhouse, pond and winding trails. - 6313 Woodstock Rd.
- Highlands Ridge at Vinings - Smyrna in Cobb County - smaller, gated community of ranch condominiums. Built by Thomas Group. Clubhouse and pool.
- Magnolia Village - Buford - Near the Mall of Georgia in Gwinnett County - Paramount Builders - Spacious 3-bedroom ranch homes with garages - pool and cabana and optional tennis - Started from upper $200's.
- Olde Towne Grayson - Grayson - Gated
- lawn maintenance - cottage style - small town - walk to retail
Village. Active adult community. Gated villas in a small town 2-4
bedrooms started from $214,000 Rosebud Rd and Grayson Hwy, Grayson
- The Orchards of Central Park - By The Orchards Group - Priced started in upper $200's - 160 in total of villas, condos and singles. Adjacent to Central Park Municipal Park with activities and dog parks. 2400 Keith Bridge Rd., Forsyth County
- The Orchards of Big Creek - Alpharetta - sold fast - by The Orchards Group - Only 89 homes and villas including 12 detached. 100 Fowler Rd.
- The Overlook at Old Atlanta -- Suwanee - By Jim Chapman of 74 attached ranch villas started from low $400's and 56 detached ranch homes were from $500's. Posh area. 5801 Old Atlanta Rd., Suwanee (verify all information)
- Park Meadows - Suwanee - By
Del Webb - 69 ranch-style 2 BR, 2BA spacious single homes in a
prestigious area. Started $300's - chosen a top place to retire.
(verify county) - 146 Vaughan Rd., Suwanee, GA.
- Park Ridge - Buford - By Orchard Group - 110 2-bedroom and den condominium homes with clubhouse and pool. Prices started mid-$200's. 3352 Lindenridge Circle, Buford
- The Haven at Slater Mill in Douglasville - Jim Chapman Communities - 2 and 3-bedroom single homes in gated community west of Atlanta - Started $200's. 2100 Haven Circle, Douglasville - Douglas County
- Summit at Auburn Hills - Dacula - homes from high $200's in Metro Atlanta - Shopping, dining, Mulberry Park and more. Minutes from Mall of Georgia - Auburn Rd. - Century Communities
- Villas at Claremont Lake - By O'Dwyer Homes in Cherokee County - 102 units. Ragsdale Rd.- on-site lake with dock, commercial Village fronts property. Resales
- Windsong Manor - Dallas - By Windsong Properties - Single homes were priced in mid-$200's. 31 Bellwind Lane, Dallas
- Windsong at Seven Hills - Dallas - In the Seven Hills master community. Sold out. By Windsong Properties. 31 Bellwind Lane, Dallas
independent living apartments
and continuing care
Sterling Estates in East Cobb - apartments on ten acres - saltwater aerobics pool, wellness programs and more. 4220 Lower Roswell Rd., Marietta
Presbyterian Village - Austell - CCRC 15 miles west of Atlanta - Cottages, apartments - Independent living - assisted living, memory care and nursing available if necessary. 2000 East-West Connector, Austell - 770-819-7412
- 2899 Five Forks Trickum Rd., Lawrenceville
- 678-389-8609 - offering independent living with services
Parc at Duluth - in Johns Creek
- Studio, one and two-bedroom apts, penthouse
- Independent living apartments - 3315 Peachtree Industrial Blvd., Duluth
Parc at Piedmont - East Cobb
- East Piedmont and Roswell Rd. -
Independent and Assisted apts
- Studio, one and two-bedroom apts. No buy-in. 999 Hood Rd., Marietta - 770-565-8828
Hearthside Towne Lake - affordable independent apartments - 2 miles from downtown Woodstock. 1561 Stone Bridge Pkwy, Woodstock, GA - 770-852-2225
The Villas at Canterfield - Luxuriously appointed continuing care community with a country club atmosphere. 815 Atlanta Highway, Forsyth County, Ga. 770-888-4929
Most Popular on this Page*
|1. Cresswind Peachtree City||Peachtree City||See More|
2. McConnell Green||Powder Springs||See More |
|3. Marietta Towns||Marietta||See More|
*As determined by most clickthroughs.
Atlanta area advantages:
- Mild, 4 season climate
- Near big city jobs, entertainment, dining and shopping
- The Office on Aging in Atlanta has been busy making life easier and fun for seniors in the Atlanta metropolitan area--this means lots to do and see for cultural and recreational pursuits.
- One of the few metropolitan areas covered by Kaiser Permanente (see locations).
- Surrounding areas include many beautiful lakes and reservoirs for fishing, boating, and camping.
- Some areas have views of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Lake Lanier and Lake Oconee, some of the most popular U.S. lakes, are near Atlanta.
The Atlanta Office on Aging has a great Interactive Map to find facilities for seniors. You can find a city and then see what is around it in libraries, senior centers, assisted living, parks and more. The intention is to have Lifelong communities where everyone can age well in those neighborhoods.
List of lakes in Georgia
Climate in Georgia
Atlanta Office on Aging
Atlanta Resource Directory for Seniors
Not finding your city? Go to 55+ in Georgia for more counties.
Best Guide Home page