Atlanta Retirement Homes
55+ communities in counties closest to Atlanta
Find what is new, coming up, and resale in Atlanta area 55+ communities, located in the Atlanta metropolitan area. Also see other areas of Georgia for 55+ communities in Georgia.
In the past year many Atlanta senior communities have sold out--home sales in Atlanta are hot!
This page covers the following counties in the Atlanta region:
Contents on this page:
Newest Communities in Atlanta Chart
New Homes Communities:
Cherokee County: Woodstock, Canton
Cobb County: Acworth, Powder Springs, Kennesaw, Mableton, Marietta, Vinings
Dawson County: Dawsonville
Fayette County: Peachtree City
Forsyth County: Alpharetta
Fulton County: Fulton, Vinings
Jackson County: Hoschton
Gwinnett County: Buford, Dacula, Grayson, Duluth, Lawrenceville, Snellville, Suwanee
Hall County: Gainesville
Morgan County: Buckhead
Rockdale County: Conyers
Spalding County: Griffin
Independent living apartments and Lifecare
- 55 communities in other counties in Georgia can be found on the Georgia page.
newest atlanta 55+ communities
| 1. Prescott||Acworth/$200's||See More|
|2. Wimberly (Coming)||Powder Springs/$200's||See More|
|3. McConnell Green||Powder Springs/Start $298,000||See More|
|4. McEver Mill||Oakwood/$200's||See More|
|5. Cherokee Station||Hickory Flat/High $200's|| See More |
|6. Dawson Ridge ||Dawsonville/mid-$200's|| See More |
|7. Saddlebrook||Snellville/$290's||See More|
|8. Marietta Township||Marietta/$360's|| See More|
|9. Central Park||Cumming/upper $200's||See More |
New Communities in the Atlanta Area:
- Cherokee Station - between Woodstock and Roswell in Hickory Flat neighborhood - By Orchard Group - 82 homes with clubhouse and saltwater pool. Start high $200's. 678-513-8879
- Linton & Main - In-town living - downtown Woodstock - walk to shopping, concerts, and dining - By Windsong. Near Greenprints Alliance Trail. Ten homes priced in mid-$400's.
101 Linton St. - Call for appt. 770-516-3678
Photo by O'Dwyer Homes
- Near downtown Woodstock
- Clubhouse and Pool
- Walking paths and sidewalks
- Fire Pit for gathering
- Bocce Ball
- Recreation and social activities
Detached 2-4 bedroom homes in the Craftsman style priced from $300's.
Mountain View Rd., Woodstock - Call for appt. 678-386-3270 (Helena)
(Free Gift Card when visiting (verify as may be short-term offer.)
- Heritage at Towne Lake by David Weekley Homes - gated 55+ community of single homes on spacious lots with outdoor areas for entertaining. Amenities and walking trails. Start mid-$300's. Near Towne Lake Hills Golf Club.
105 Sheridan Dr., Woodstock - 800-407-9150
- Sweet Briar Farms by Jim Chapman - 85 crafted ranch style homes with luxury amenities. Start mid-$300's. Minutes from downtown Woodstock. 13051 Trickum Rd., Woodstock
- Soleil Laurel Canyon - Award-winning community in North Georgia foothills with views from high $200's. New floor plans now. Adjacent golf. Tennis Center. Clubhouse and more. Aging-in-place features.
102 High Mountain Trace, Canton - 678-880-3071 - Open Daily
Acworth, Powder Springs, Kennesaw, Mableton and Marietta
- New McConnell Green - By Windsong Properties - Ranch homes in small community - Clubhouse, social activities, nature trail, community garden and more. From $298,000. 900 Corner Rd., Powder Springs
- Coming Wimberly by Pulte Homes - Join the Interest List now for updates - Single homes priced in high $200's - 2727 Old Lost Mountain Rd., Powder Springs (West Cobb) - 678-839-9797
- New Prescott - By Pulte Homes in Acworth - 2-4 bedroom ranch homes starting in upper $200's.
5341 Wade Green Rd., Acworth - 888-246-5324 - Open Daily
- Coming Fall Westbrook - By Windsong Properties - Acworth. Sign up on Interest List for updates.
- Grace - Nearly sold out - Small community - small to medium Craftsman-styled ranch homes start in high $200's. Clubhouse, pond and winding trails.
6313 Woodstock Rd., Acworth - 770-516-3678 - Now Open daily except Sunday
- Cedar Crest Village - Acworth - Active adult, senior targeted community - From the mid-$200's - 100 homes in the Seven Hills area (verify county located in). Cedarcrest Rd. and Graves Rd. - Phone: 678-580-9670 - See local Realtors.
- Encore Nearing Sell-Out - By active adult builder Windsong. Single homes from high $300's. Courtyard or private patio. Clubhouse. Only 46 homes in the Kennesaw location. Sales Office at another community: 3510 Stilesboro Rd., Kennesaw; Community location: 1850 Mack Dobbs Rd. - 770-917-8082
- New - Marietta Township - Marietta - Gated community of single homes by David Weekley from $360's. Clubhouse, bocce ball, community garden. 685 Calbert Circle -
- Barrett Preserve - Marietta - By Fortress - Small community of 42 3 and 4-bedroom homes start in low $300's. Amenities include clubhouse. Barrett Parkway in Marietta - 404-307-5867
- Parc at Piedmont - Marietta - Apartment homes - Independent and assisted living - 999 Hood Rd. - Ph: 770-565-8828
- Sterling Estates - Marietta - In East Cobb Independent living in 2-bedroom cottages with entry fee or assisted living apartments - Amenities include indoor heated saltwater pool and Wellness Center. Specialists in wellness and fitness. Home health care also available in this active Holiday community.
4220 Lower Roswell Rd., Marietta - 678-946-4454
- Boxwood at Vinings - Jim Chapman over 55 communities - 16 luxury single homes - some with basements - 25 minutes to downtown Atlanta. From mid-$600's. Cooperlake Dr., Vinings - 404-281-3744 (Pauline)
- New - Dawson Ridge - By Jim Chapman - Planned193 small to medium ranch villas from the $240's - 500 Lumpkin Campground Rd., Dawsonville - Open Daily
Cresswind Peachtree City
Cresswind Peachtree City
South of Atlanta - Peachtree City
- New Cresswind Peachtree City - Award-winning 55+ community by Kolter Homes | Approx. 31 miles to Atlanta | 403 acres of rolling hills and lakes near the Southern Appalachians. | Miles of walking trails | Golf cart community (5 minutes to golf) with resort amenities. | Large to very large homes priced from $200's to $600's. Models to view. | Best place to retire awards.
146 Red Maple Dr., Peachtree City - 888-476-3017 - Open Daily
Photo by O'Dwyer Homes
- The Villas at Bethelview - Forsyth County - 55+ community by O'Dwyer Homes - Detached ranch homes in the Craftsman style. Amenities include clubhouse, pool, front porches, rear yards, exercise room, recreation and more. Short time offer: Free Gift Card when visiting (verify as can change.) 2-4 bedroom homes priced from the $300's.
Bethelville Rd and Kelly Mill Rd., 4220 Broadford Dr., Cumming - 404-731-9597 (Sandy) - Open Daily
- Nestledown Farm in Forsyth County by Jim Chapman Gated community of planned 80 single homes and 15 minutes to downtown. Amenities include clubhouse, pool, pickle ball and more. Across from First Baptist Church. Jim Chapman specializes in active adult communities. 1510 Sawnee Dr., Cumming 770-317-1505 - Starting mid-$300's
- Post Oak Glen - By Taylor Morrison (previously by Acadia Homes) - 94 ranch and 1-story plans on 40 acres of hills and glens. Starts $300's. Basements available. Models open. Resort-like.
5510 Stellata Circle, Cumming (Sales Center) - 404-788-5957 - Open Daily
- Cottages at Horseshoe Bend - Gated enclave of 19 large homes (2200-3000SF), some with basements - near recently upgraded Horseshoe Bend Country Club (has 18-hole golf, tennis facility and more.) - 30 minutes to Atlanta and 20 minutes north of Bulkhead - From high $500's. By Jim Chapman Communities. 2415 Steeplechase Lane, Roswell - North Fulton - 404-281-3744
Location: Hoschston (Please verify county)
Feature: Small to large homes including a 1 BR cottage-style
Contact: 5575 Napa Ridge Rd, Hoschston - 866-204-2324
Single ranch homes | 11 floor plans | Luxury amenities | Near Northeast Georgia Medical Center | Starting mid-$200's
Buford, Grayson, Dacula, Duluth, Lawrenceville, Suwanee, snellville:
- Park Ridge - Buford - By Orchard Group - 110 2-bedroom and den condominium homes with clubhouse and pool. Prices start mid-$200's. 3352 Lindenridge Circle, Buford - Selling from Big Creek Sales Office - 678-513-8879
- The Overlook at Old Atlanta -- Gated community by Jim Chapman of 74 attached ranch villas from low $400's and 56 detached ranch homes from $500's. Posh area. 5801 Old Atlanta Rd., Suwanee (verify all information) - Open Daily
- Parc at Duluth - Duluth - Independent living apartment homes with personal care if ever needed
- No buy-in fee - 3315 Peachtree Industrial Blvd. Ph: 770-622-6880
- Laurel Grove - Lawrenceville - By Holiday - Independent living in a suburban setting with 2 hospitals
in the area - Apartments are studios, 1 and 2 bedroom and cottages. All
inclusive offering meals and housekeeping in rent. Holiday Retirement
has a travel program.
- Summit at Auburn Hills - Dacula - homes from high $200's in Metro Atlanta - Shopping, dining, Mulberry Park and more. Minutes from Mall of Georgia - Auburn Rd. - Century Communities
- New Saddlebrook - Single homes from $290's by Century Communities - 2437 Knob Creek Dr., Snellville - 470-582-0216 - Open Daily
Gainesville - Lake Lanier
Cresswind at Lake Lanier - Photo by Kolter Homes
Cresswind at Lake Lanier - Photo by Kolter Homes
- Cresswind at Lake Lanier - By Kolter Homes - Historic Gainesville - Directly on Lake Lanier - Award-winning, gated community of 2-4 bedroom homes with many amenities - Attractive area for senior living - winner of OBIE award for 50+ Housing and other Awards. Large to very large single homes from $400's to $600's.
3007 Scarlet Oak Lane, Gainesville - 888-476-3017 - Open Daily
- New - McEver Mill - 4535 McEver Rd., Oakwood - By Jim Chapman Homes. Attached homes starting in $220's (verify all information). Approx. 1 hour north of Atlanta -
- The Homestead at Ridgewood Heights - By Jim Chapman Homes - 12 large luxury-styled 3-4 bedroom homes priced in $800's in upscale area - age-targeted - Moores Mill Rd., Buckhead
- Creekside at Olde Town Conyers - Single rustic ranch homes certified by Earth Craft homes for green energy. By Lifestyle Homes of Distinction. Clubhouse, pool, walk trails, gardens. Start in the $200's.
1597 Renaissance Dr., Conyers - 770-254-5360 - Call for appointment
Griffin - South of Atlanta
- Sun City Peachtree - 35 miles south of Atlanta - By Del Webb - Canongate 18-hole golf course - tennis complex - Spalding County - small to large single homes - 2-night getaway program. 2-3 bedrooms (one smaller floorplan) - Starting from $176,990.
1390 Jordan Hill Rd., Griffin - 866-889-5623
RESALE IN ATLANTA AREA
(See your local realtors)
Arbor Green - Kennesaw
By Acadia - Was from $280's - Sold out - brick ranch homes. 1528 Arbor Green Court NW, Kennesaw
Powder Springs - West Cobb - 2 to 3-bedroom homes started from mid-$200's. By Windsong Properties. Country
ambience by near town - Walking and biking available on nearby Silver
Comet Trail (61 miles long) - Clubhouse. Bel Aire is sold out but Bel Aire Creekside has a few homes still available (verify).
1851 Bullard Rd.
Bel Aire is sold out - McConnell Green will replace both of these. See Windsong Communities in Powder Springs.
Brookhaven of East Cobb - Kennesaw
Started $240's - Ranch homes by Jim Chapman Communities - Gated award-winning community of single homes - brick and stone construction.
120 Chastain Rd.
Brookhaven at Sugarloaf - Duluth
Jim Chapman - Gated 2 and 3-bedroom homes - Were priced from $250's. Brick and stone construction
2402 Brookhavenrun Circle, Duluth
Brookhaven at Johns Creek
Gated - By Jim Chapman Homes - 2 to 4-bedroom ranch homes started in low $300's. 11108 Brookhavenclub Dr., Johns Creek
Brookstone Manor - Acworth
2 and 3-bedroom ranch homes started $230's in Brookstone Country Club in West Cobb. Golf, pool, tennis, clubhouse, social and more. By Fortress - Hedge Brook Dr.
Brannon Oak Farm - Forsyth County
By The Orchards Group - Forsyth County - Started high $200's.
Stoney Point Rd. - See adjacent new community Stoney Point by Orchards Group.
Brookhaven at Lanier Ridge - Forsyth County
By Jim Chapman Communities - 2 and 3-bedroom ranch homes - sold out
Gated - 2 miles to Lake Lanier - Clubhouse, pool, outdoor fireplace. Started in the $250's.
4174 Lanier Ridge Walk - See local Realtors for resales
Cadence at Woodmont
John Wieland Homes - Gated large 3 and 4 bedroom homes -
access to Robert Trent, Jr. golf course - Clubhouse, pool, trails and
more. Started $300's to $400's. 174 Cadence Trail, Canton
Only 35 single homes by Windsong Homes with courtyards started in mid-$300's. Large homes of ranches or upstairs loft floor plans. Highway 92, Woodstock
Concord Village - Mableton
Floyd Rd in Mableton - Near Silver Comet Trail - 2 and 3-bedroom ranch homes - Started $170's by Fortress - Clubhouse, pool and more.
Heron Pond - Woodstock
By Windsong - 2-bedroom homes started low $300's. Cherokee County exempts seniors from school taxes (verify). Downtown Woodstock is 5.5 miles. Sold out. (see new community Clover Creek)
109 Heron Crossing, Woodstock - 770-516-3678
Providence Glen - Riverdale
For 50+ by Brock-Built - Riverdale - Fulton County - Certified Easy Living Homes. Focused around a community park - Resales - See local Realtors - single family homes.
Chestnut Ridge of West Cobb
By The Thomas Group Communities near Marietta. 2 and 3-bedroom plans - clubhouse, pool, fitness.
Village at Kendrick Farm - Marietta
Near Marietta by The Thomas Group Communities - 32 ranch condominiums - walk to shopping, 2 and 3-bedroom plans, sunrooms, garages, patios offered.
Falls Crest in Kennesaw by Del Webb
Ranch homes started from upper-$200's - medium to spacious homes - School tax exemption for 62+ and state tax exemption for those 65+ (verify) - 922 Wooten Lake Rd., Kennesaw
Highlands Ridge at Vinings - Smyrna
Smyrna in Cobb County - smaller, gated community of ranch condominiums. Built by Thomas Group. Clubhouse and pool.
Marietta - By Fortress - Single homes with upstairs option - started upper $200's. Hicks Rd., Marietta
Buford - Near the Mall of Georgia in Gwinnett County - Paramount Builders - Spacious 3-bedroom ranch homes with garages - pool and cabana and optional tennis - Started from upper $200's. SOLD
Olde Towne Grayson
Grayson - Gated
- lawn maintenance - cottage style - small town - walk to retail
Village. Active adult community. Gated villas in a small town 2-4
bedrooms from $214,000 Rosebud Rd and Grayson Hwy, Grayson
The Orchards at East Cherokee - Woodstock
By The Orchards Group - 2-4 bedroom single homes and 2-4 bedroom ranch condominiums - Started upper $100,000's. Cherokee County.
124 Owens Farm Lane Now sold out.
The Orchards of Big Creek
SOLD FAST - by The Orchards Group - Only 89 homes and villas including 12 detached. 100 Fowler Rd., Alpharetta
Park Meadows - Suwanee - By
Del Webb - 69 ranch-style 2 BR, 2BA spacious single homes in a
prestigious area. Started very low $300's - chosen a top place to retire.
146 Vaughan Rd., Suwanee, GA. - 866-238-4185 (call first for info)
Garden Street - Woodstock
By active adult builder Windsong - North of Atlanta - heart of downtown - ranch homes designed for the senior buyer - started mid-$200's.
8420 Main St., Woodstock
Serenade by Windsong Life in Kennesaw
Stilesboro Rd. - Cobb County has a senior exemption from school taxes
(verify) - Spacious 2-3 bedroom single homes started in $330's. I love
the wide front porch design and one floor plan features a retreat off
the master bedroom. 3 miles to quaint downtown. Many features for
aging in place by this builder specializing in active adult communities.
1600 Kennesaw Due West Rd., Kennesaw
The Haven at Slater Mill in Douglasville
Douglasville - Jim Chapman Communities - 2 and 3-bedroom single homes in gated community west of Atlanta - Started $200's. 2100 Haven Circle, Douglasville - Douglas County
La Vida Facil
Marietta by Fortress - Small community of 42 single homes - Amenities include clubhouse. 3 and 4-bedroom plans started low $300's. 76 Ernest W Barrett Pkwy NW, Marietta
Villas at Claremont Lake
By O'Dwyer Homes in Cherokee County - 102 units. Ragsdale Rd.- on-site lake with dock, commercial Village fronts property. Resales
Montclair at Ridgewalk - Woodstock
Woodstock - By Windsong Properties
Windsong Manor - Dallas - By Windsong Properties - Single homes were priced in mid-$200's. 31 Bellwind Lane, Dallas
Somerset home by Windsong
Somerset - Woodstock
Woodstock, GA By Windsong Properties - Sold out - Equestrian district - Exclusive and gated 59 luxury ranch homes started mid- $300's - detached ranch homes.
Victoria Crossing - Sold - Kennesaw - Single ranch homes with upstairs option. Started high $200's. By Fortress Builders - Near downtown Kennesaw - Moon Station Rd. - 404-890-0322
Villas at Heritage Springs
Not over 55 but considered active adult homes. O'Dwyer Homes in
Cherokee County luxury ranch attached and detached villa homes were from low
Minutes to downtown Woodstock - 2-car garage - rear yards -
clubhouse, pool and fitness. North of Atlanta. Highway 92 and Heritage
Pointe, Woodstock - See local Realtors
Windsong at Seven Hills - Dallas - In the Seven Hills master community. Sold out. By Windsong Properties. 31 Bellwind Lane, Dallas
independent living apartments
and continuing care
Sterling Estates in East Cobb
Also assisted living apartments on ten acres - saltwater aerobics pool, wellness programs and more.
4220 Lower Roswell Rd., Marietta
678-946-4454 - New community
Austell - CCRC 15 miles west of Atlanta - Cottages, apartments - Independent living - assisted living, memory care and nursing available if necessary.
2000 East-West Connector, Austell - 770-819-7412
2899 Five Forks Trickum Rd., Lawrenceville
678-389-8609 - offering independent living with services
Parc at Duluth
in Johns Creek
- Studio, one and two-bedroom apts, penthouse
- Independent living apartments
3315 Peachtree Industrial Blvd., Duluth
Parc at Piedmont
East Piedmont and Roswell Rd.
Independent and Assisted apts
- Studio, one and two-bedroom apts. - no buy-in
999 Hood Rd., Marietta
Hearthside Towne Lake
affordable independent apartments - 2 miles from downtown Woodstock.
1561 Stone Bridge Pkwy, Woodstock, GA - 770-852-2225
The Villas at Canterfield
Luxuriously appointed continuing care community with a country club atmosphere.
815 Atlanta Highway, Forsyth County, Ga.
Most Popular on this Page*
|1. Cresswind Peachtree City||Peachtree City||See More|
2. Prescott||Acworth||See More |
|3. Chateau Elan||Hoschton||See More|
*As determined by most clickthroughs.
atlanta area advantages:
- Mild, 4 season climate
- Near big city jobs, entertainment, dining and shopping
- The Office on Aging in Atlanta has been busy making life easier and fun for seniors in the Atlanta metropolitan area--this means lots to do and see for cultural and recreational pursuits.
- One of the few metropolitan areas covered by Kaiser Permanente (see locations).
- Surrounding areas include many beautiful lakes and reservoirs for fishing, boating, and camping.
- Some areas have views of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Lake Lanier and Lake Oconee, some of the most popular U.S. lakes, are near Atlanta.
The Atlanta Office on Aging has a great Interactive Map to find facilities for seniors. You can find a city and then see what is around it in libraries, senior centers, assisted living, parks and more. The intention is to have Lifelong communities where everyone can age well in those neighborhoods.
List of lakes in Georgia
Climate in Georgia
Atlanta Office on Aging
Atlanta Resource Directory for Seniors
Not finding your city? Go to 55+ in Georgia for more counties.
Best Guide Home Page
Over 55 Georgia
Atlanta over 55