Palm Springs Ca
Over 55 Communities
Palm Springs Ca over 55 communities are perfect for escaping the cold winters up north.
The Palm Springs area is a popular snowbird area to easily get away from cold winters. Canadians and residents of northern states flock to the desert communities from October to April. One can visit and rent for awhile to try it out. That is how many then decide to buy for vacation or year-round.
Palm Springs photo by K Patalsky
So much happening in Palm Springs for retirement
RV park models, RV lot leases, and luxury homes are all options in this - area known as a health mecca. The sunshine, the fresher air, the food, the relaxing mineral water tubs for soaking in, and exercising of all kinds combine to make this an area that is conducive to aiding good health.
It does get very hot in the summer and you will need air conditioning. Other options are to escape to nearby mountains for awhile or return to a main home if you are a snowbird.
The 55 community I stayed at had a Discovery Tour where for $200. I could stay in a park model for 3 nights to try it out and I loved it! An RV Park Model is 400 square feet. It is large enough to be comfortable and small enough for easy living. They are now being referred to as "tiny homes."
A beautiful day and view in February from an RV Park Model in the Palm Springs Ca area.
If you want something larger, there are also site-built and manufactured homes communities for 55 plus in the Palm Springs area.
8 Desert Communities
Palm Springs suburb street
While Palm Springs is the largest and best known community, there are 8 main Desert Communities, and I am learning about all of them fast. They are:
- 1) Palm Springs with its upscale shopping, restaurants and entertainment
- 2) Desert Hot Springs, an easy 20-minute drive north from Palm Springs and known for its mineral springs
- 3) Rancho Mirage known for upscale communities and shopping
- 4) Palm Desert for great shopping
- 5) Cathedral City - moderately-priced area next to Palm Springs
- 6) Indian Wells, often preferred by wealthy retirees
- 7) La Quinta - newly developing area of luxury communities
- 8) Indio
Snowbirds come from Washington, Oregon, Utah, the midwest, Canada and more. Canadians love Palm Springs and there are many of them here during the winter. The snow isn't the only reason to be a snowbird. The Oregonians want to get away from the rain.
Where are the 55+ Communities in the California desert?
Manufactured Homes Communities (includes manufactured, mobile, RV and RV park models (also known as "tiny homes"
Perfect for "Snowbirds" (or anyone!)
Caliente Springs 55+ Community in Desert Hot Springs
Caliente Springs 55+ Community in Desert Hot Springs
Caliente Springs RV Park - Large pool area of natural hot springs pools and Jacuzzis, mineral showers and sauna. Numerous amenities include social activities, 9-hole golf, driving range, tennis and so much more. Purchase a new or resale park model "tiny home;" also RV sites or rent a park model. Very popular with snowbirds and year-round. 70200 Dillon Rd., Desert Hot Springs - 760-329-8400
Caliente Springs large clubhouse, warm mineral pool and 3 mineral springs spas
Sparkling Waters MHP and RV - The perfect spot to spend those winters in your RV - The best part: heated mineral water pool - and so much more. Also, large storage lot, rentals and sales.
17800 Langlois Rd. - 760-329-6551
See the complete list of manufactured homes communities in the Palm Springs area.
Luxury Homebuilders are here!
New in Palm Springs area:
Coming in 2018 Del Webb at Rancho Mirage - 55+ community near downtown Palm Springs - guard-gated single ranch homes designed for indoor/outdoor lifestyle. Focused on health and wellness. Clubhouse, pool and second covered pool is planned. From upper $300's. Models coming 2018. Now pre-selling.
115 Claret, Rancho Mirage - 877-285-3285
Enjoy life to its fullest!
- Villa Portofino - Gated Palm Desert - $$$ - 1 and 2-bedroom Italian-styled villas with tile roofs and mountain views. The area has nearby stylish restaurants, golf, and shopping. Clubhouse, pool, activities and more. New phase has more floorplans.
4001 Via Portofino - Ph: 760-340-5433 - Open daily
- Domani - Now selling by the Rilington Group, builders specializing in the Palm Springs area - Single medium to spacious-sized luxury homes with Spanish architectural styling. Gated resort community with clubhouse, pool and more. Pricing in the $300's.
You can find Domani at 78937 Concerto Court (Avenue 40 and Adams St.), Palm Desert - 760-610-2903 - Models Open Daily 10-5
Photo by Trilogy® at Shea Homes - Trilogy® at the Polo Club
- Trilogy® at the Polo Club - Gated New community by Shea Homes is located in the Palm Springs area near Eldorado and Empire Polo Clubs. Resort Club with luxury amenities. New models opening event in June. See website for more information and signup. Priced from $200's-$400's. 51682 Hawthorne Court, Indio - Open Daily - hours vary
- Four Seasons at Terra Lago - Gated - by K Hovnanian - Indio (easy 30 minute drive to Palm Springs) - Single homes up to 4-bedrooms - The Lodge clubhouse with such amenities available as beauty salon and massage, indoor pool, activities and more. Pool, tennis. 9 models open daily. Energy Star rated. Medium to large homes from mid-$200's to mid-$400's.
84000 Terra Lago Pkwy, Indio - 760-347-2816
Luxury Resale Communities in the Palm Springs Area:
- Alta Verde Coral Mountain - Gated - La Quinta - the word "sleek" comes to mind when I look at the beautiful contemporary architecture of the award-winning Alta Verde Coral Mountain community. I also visualize simple and streamlined. Quartz countertops, lots of natural light, mountain views, high ceilings and more create an airy island-influenced design.
Only 70 homes built. These homes sold in the high $600's and $800's. Near PGA West for golf and Santa Rosa Mountains. Floor plans are called Zen, Retreat, and Modern Breeze.
- Four Seasons at Palm Springs - By K. Hovnanian. Price-$$ - Award-winning gated community of single-level spacious homes. Amenities include The Lodge, a luxury recreational center; also, pool and spa, bistro, computer center, arts and crafts room and more.
- Del Webb's Palm Desert in Palm Desert Gated - golf community - Resales only - check with local Realtors.
- Shadow Hills by Del Webb - at Indio - Sun City community in Palm Springs resorts area with 18-hole championship golf plus par 3 golf and putting course. Other amenities include pools and fitness Center. Though community started in low $200's. 81-346 Corte Compras, Indio
- Trilogy at La Quinta - New Homes now sold out, but some resales are available. Price: $$ By Shea Homes on Trilogy Parkway, La Quinta - Resort-style - Enjoy newer amenities as an aromatherapy hot stone massage available at their Coral Spa. There is a gorgeous outdoor fireplace. Ph: 800-685-6494.
- Heritage Palms in Indio Gated - Indio is a small town 23 miles to Palm Springs. It is the date fruit capital of the U.S. Huge date palms can be seen from the highway. This is an older gated golf course community completed by Lennar in 2004.
Palm Springs Chamber of Commerce
Most popular on this page by # of visits to their websites:
Del Webb at Rancho Mirage
Trilogy® at Polo Club
Desert Hot Springs
RV Park Model Manufactured Home
Also See The Complete List: Manufactured 55+ Palm Springs
› Palm Springs 55+