Southwest retirement communities
Some of the healthiest places...
Southwest retirement communities offer opportunities for a unique retirement. Healthy places with sunshine, year-round recreation, scenic beauty and clean air.
The most popular areas in New Mexico are around Albuquerque with its excellent health systems and the University of New Mexico. Santa Fe is known for being an art center. The art market there is the 2nd largest in the U.S. The elevation is over 7000 ft. This makes it a 4-season climate with hot days and cool to cold nights.
Other popular places are Las Cruces, Los Alamos, Alamogordo, and Silver City with the Western New Mexico University. It is known for a relaxed pace, desert and mountain scenery, clean air, and college towns.
- Del Webb at Alegria - Bernalillo -- This gated active resort community is in a beautiful setting located between Albuquerque and Santa Fe. Prices start in high $200's. University of New Mexico is in Albuquerque. 48 miles to Santa Fe and 16 miles to Albuquerque.
Sold out. 901 Cottonwood Cle
- Del Webb at Mirehaven - Prices from mid-$400's - Amenities include rec center, pool and more. Gated. Final opportunities now.
9205 Del Webb Blvd., Albuquerque - 866-460-0544
- Boulders on the Green - (Please check status-probably sold out) Las Cruces - Small gated community of single homes within Sonoma Ranch golf course community. New Mexico State University. Organ Mountains and near Mexico border. Fresh produce at Farmer's markets. Lots of sunshine though summer days can get hot but evenings cool. 18-hole golf, pool. 575-522-7210 (Sales Office for Sonoma Ranch)
- Country Club Estates Santa Fe style homes in Deming. Southern New Mexico desert. 4335 feet above sea level. 11 RV parks in the area according to their website; also in area is an 18-hole golf course. 4 distinctive and sunny seasons. Homes can be customized to include RV garages. Near walking/biking trails. Municipal swim complex. Long agricultural growing season for fresh local produce. 3101 Slice Rd., Deming - 800-368-9058
- Jubilee Los Lunas - Los Lunas near Albuquerque within Huning Ranch master planned community. Jenamar Communities. Miles of walking trails and open space. Backdrop of El Cerro de Los Lunas mountain. Fitness Center. Variety of sizes in homes. Website says will be largest active adult community in New Mexico. Starting $200's. 640 Promenade Trail - 877-866-1777 - Open Daily
- Bear Canyon Estates By Holiday - Near Albuquerque and Sandia Mountains. This is an apartment community for Independent living with month-to-month rents. Provides basic housekeeping and maintenance chores. Activities and transportation services. Studios, single and two bedrooms, cottages with kitchens. Paid utilities and cable except phone.
Georgia O'Keeffe, one of our greatest American painters, lived and painted in Taos until the age of 93. She loved the land here even though she was born in Wisconsin...
Big Bend Texas
In our current high-priced real estate market, it is said many areas of Texas have not been overvalued -- good homes at good prices. Worth looking into.
It is being reported that Denver, Colorado, is one of the hottest real estate selling cities in the U.S.
Go to new and resale home listings for over 55 in Colorado here.
Go here for Arizona, Phoenix, Tucson
Please see page for 55 communities in Nevada Includes Las Vegas and Reno areas.
Sales center grand opening 9/17/22 for regency at desert color:
- New Regency at Desert Color - St. George - In master community Desert Color By Toll Bros. - The Cliff Rose collection offers large 3-4 bedroom single-story homes with up to 4-car garage and optional RV garage - starting in $700's. The resort-styled amenities will include: clubhouse, pools, recreation and more (verify). Starting upper $400's for Tulane Collection. Interstate 15 and Southern Parkway - 855-700-8655
- BRIO - 2, 3, and 4-bedroom medium to large single homes from $400's (verify) - Community Center, indoor and outdoor pools, tennis, pickle ball, fitness center, trails and more. 230 W. Brio Clubhouse Dr., Washington, UT (Buena Vista Blvd. West of Main St.) - Open Daily except Sunday by appointment - 888-561-6866
Map showing location of Sun River at St. George (Southern Utah) and Daybreak at South Jordan, Utah (near Salt Lake City):
View Larger Map
- Sun River at St. George, Utah Golf community with homes from small to large size - Discovery visit accommodations as available - see website for details.
- Garden Park at Daybreak for over 55 - Salt Lake City - South Jordan - Unique community for over 55 in master community Daybreak - Village-styled condos, town homes, patio homes and estates.
4563 W. Kestrel Ridge Rd., South Jordan Closed Sundays
- Springhouse Village at Daybreak - 55+ by Oakwood Homes - Daybreak is a multigenerational community with a 55+ village. This community is a new 55+ village addition. Adjacent to The Hub neighborhood cafe. South Jordan, Utah