Richmond Retirement Communities and Williamsburg Over 55 communities
plus New Kent and Chesterfield, Montgomery and Roanoke counties to the southwest
View Richmond retirement communities for over 55 and Williamsburg over 55 communities in the southeast part of Virginia located approximately 54 miles apart. On this page we also include Montgomery and Roanoke counties further west
Richmond is the capital seat of Virginia and has a large VA Medical Center.
One of the fastest growing areas in the U.S. and Virginia.
Williamsburg, steeped in American colonial history, is known for attractions such as Colonial Williamsburg, tour of historical homes with gardens, numerous golf clubs, parks and waterways for recreation, and William and Mary college. There is also a great amusement park, Busch Gardens, for the grandchildren.
South of Richmond and third most populous county in Virginia.
Much further to the west minutes from the Blue Ridge mountains
In the western part of the state.
See Virginia Index.
Map with community markers of the Richmond, Va area:
View Richmond, Virginia Over 55 Communities in a larger map
Newest in Richmond area:
- Villas at Magnolia Lakes - Chester, near downtown Richmond - Active Adult - Clubhouse and pool in planning - Fishing lake. From mid-$200's. Models open daily. Almost sold out.
5800 Magnolia Cove Circle, Chester - 804-484-3242 Ext 221 (Cornerstone Homes)
- Coming Soon The Cove at Magnolia Lakes - Sign up for more information. Single homes by Cornerstone Homes. Unique amenities include a professionally managed garden area. Clubhouse, pool, lake, canoe launch, walking trails and more. Chester, Va. - 804-726-4310
- Tarrington - Midlothian - Spacious 3+ bedroom homes priced from low $400's. Homes overlook the James River off Robious Rd. Clubhouse, triple pool complex and more. Nearing sell-out.
3436 Kendal Crossing Terrace - 804-594-3624 - Open Daily
- Villas at Braden Townes - Townhomes with 2-car garages start in $200's - Near Hull Street shopping and park - In Midlothian by Ryan Homes - 10552 Genito Rd., Chesterfield - Open Daily
- The Villas at Archer Springs - Sold out - By StyleCraft Homes - low maintenance community including lawn care (verify) - singles started from $300's - Stony Point Fashion Shopping. 3400 Corley Home Dr., Richmond
- Greenwich Walk in Moseley, Va. - 450 clustered homes of cottages, villas and singles - The Greenwich Club will be a resort-styled environment with heated lap pool, spa, tennis courts, social activities and events, boating in Greenwich Pond and more. Townhomes now from $270's.
6815 Southwalk Heights, Moseley - Open Daily by Stylecraft
More new 55+ communities in Richmond:
- Rock Creek Villas
- Quinton, VA - 20 minutes to Richmond - town is between Richmond and
Williamsburg - also close to amenities of Virginia Beach - single-level semi-custom homes of 3-bedrooms. Cunningham Homes, 2-generation family builder.
3392 Rock Creek Villa Dr. - Pocahontas Trail - 804-305-0960 - Call for tour - not open Monday or Tuesday
- Villas at Dogwood - From low $200's
Dogwood Villas Dr., Woodlake, VA. - Open Sat/Sun and by appointment
- Settler's Ridge - Richmond - Hamlin Homes - single-family homes in rural setting.
Phone: 804-762-9800 - 64E to Laburnum Avenue
- Lakewood Manor
- Richmond - Continuing care community with one time entrance fee and
monthly fee - Wellness and fitness programs - community center - walking
trails on 128 acre property and more - Choose from villas, apartments
Phone: 866-521-9100 - 1900 Lauderdale Dr. - fees listed on website
- Westwood Village - Midlothian near Richmond by Ryan Homes - Price -
$ - From $190's - 2 BR/2 BA Condominiums - elevator building - outstanding amenities
for seniors - considered active adult but not over 55 (verify)
Ph: 804-794-7381 - 1000 Westwood Village Way, Midlothian
Hanover County outside Richmond:
New: Proposed Concept: Live where your food is grown!
Chickahominy Falls: Unusual and exciting plan for this community by Cornerstone Homes. A working farm, farmhouse and community kitchen. Village-style with walking and biking trails, clubhouse, pool and more. Garden-style homes. In addition to 55+ there will be homes for all ages. Starting $300's. Call 804-404-3242 EXT 221 for more information.
Resales in Richmond
- Kenstone Village - Glen Allen near Richmond - by Ryan Homes - condominiums - Price - $$$ - Check with local Realtors
- Glen Allen - Atack Properties - Eagle Construction Near
West End Richmond - gated - cottage and carriage homes. Indoor and
outdoor pools. From $300's.
3300 CrossRidge Glen Way - 804-756-6100 (Homeowners Assoc.)
- Coolwell - Hanover near Richmond - Carriage homes from low $300's
Ph: 804-427-5968 (Eugene) - Shady Grove Rd., Hanover
- Heron Pointe Chesterfield near Richmond - from low $300's - single level homes on Swift Creek Reservoir.
Ph: 804-739-3356 (Eagle Realty) - Genito Rd.
- Stonebridge Gardens - Chester - 2 bedroom/2 bath villa homes by Centex - loft option - near state park and conservation area. Started low $200's. 5960 East Stonepath Garden Dr., Chester
Midway between Richmond and Williamsburg in the countryside..in New Kent
...quiet, peaceful country ambience here at New Kent Vineyards
- Four Seasons
at New Kent Vineyards - by K. Hovnanian. From $200's - Price - $$ - On I-64
Between Williamsburg and Richmond. New Kent County - over 55 community
in master community New Kent Vineyards
- Offering vineyards and winery, equestrian facilities, golfcourse,
village center and connoisseur living. Clubhouse now open.
Ph: 866-407-3811 - 7723 Rockbridge Run Place, New Kent
New Communities in Williamsburg and area
Colonial Heritage at Williamsburg by Lennar - Arthur Hills 18-hole golfcourse. Executive homes. New Phase: Cottages, Manors and Plantations collections - From upper $200's. $$-$$$$
Ph: 877-785-3662 - 7015 Statesman, Williamsburg
Smithfield - Isle of Wight County
- Church Square - Smithfield by Atlantic Homes - Duplex homes near
James River - Amenities include clubhouse, walking paths, pool and more.
Historic Smithfield is 5 minutes away. From $250's.
Sold out in Williamsburg:
- The Settlement at Powhatan Creek - Price - $$ - Williamsburg - Ryan Homes - Active adult - Custom home gated community of cottages, carriage and manor homestyles. Located near the 50-mile Capital Trail for biking and walking. 400 homes planned on 225 acres. Pools, spa, clubhouse and more. Golf nearby.
4000 River Moor, Williamsburg
- Townhomes at The Settlement at Powhatan Creek - Mid-$200's sold out.
- New Villas at Ashlake - 82 medium to spacious villas - clubhouse, pool and gardening - By Cornerstone Homes in Chesterfield. Sales Office: 6637 Lake Harbour Dr. - 804-234-8525 (showing model at the Villas at Magnolia Lakes community)
- Coming Chesterfield County - By 55+ builder Traditions of America - Sign up on VIP List now for updates.
- Watermark - Not designated 55+ but is another type of community seniors are interested in: mixed-use urban-styled community with convenience to shopping and more. Amenities include lake, walking trails. From mid-$200's.
7100 Ironbridge Rd., Chesterfield -
Resales in Christiansburg:
- Villas at Pepper's Ferry - Christiansburg, the county capital - Montgomery County near Blacksburg by Cornerstone Homes
- southwest Virginia. Scenic and 6-mile long walk trail and amenities. Virginia Tech is located in Blacksburg.
Ph: 540-977-0238 - 30 Patriot Way
Resale in Roanoke
- The Orchard Villas - Roanoke by Cornerstone Homes. Single homes
with garages with the scenery of the Blue Ridge Parkway nearby. 2 and
3-bedrooms starting in mid $200's.
Ph: 540-977-0238 - 5300 Crumpacker Dr. - Sold Out
Most Popular on this page:
#1- Villas at Dogwood
#2 - New Kent
#3 - Rock Creek Villas