San Diego Retirement Communities
..for over 55
Most of our San Diego Retirement Communities are older with only resales.
San Diego has a near perfect climate averaging in the high 70's year-round. You can enjoy outdoor dining, sports and ocean amenities.
Due to the high percentage of seniors in San Diego County, there are many senior centers and supportive services.
Manufactured homes in this area represent good value.
Kayaking is popular as well as biking, swimming and hiking in this year-round outdoors mediterranean-like dry climate.
Mexican food outdoors patio-style in San Diego's "old town." Enjoy the
night life activity downtown. Or simply sit and enjoy the ocean
OceansideCarlsbadEncinitasLa JollaCity of San DiegoInland AreasRancho Bernardo Mobile communitiesMost Popular
Oceanside - the most northern part of
San Diego County
See the cities for San Diego County on the map:
View San Diego Retirement Communities in a larger map
Oceanside is a tri-city area/known for fishing. Official Website for the City of Oceanside
Resale Communities in Oceanside
- Ocean Hills Country Club Oceanside - Clubhouse, pool and spa, 18-hole golf, tennis and more - fully gated premier retirement community with 24 hour patrol - Resales from $300's-$800's (verify with local Realtors - 4600 Leisure Village Way, Oceanside, Ca. 760-758-7080
Resale communities in Oceanside with low H/O Fees:
- Emerald Lake Village -
Newer gated manufactured homes built in 90's (verify) - community 7 miles to ocean - clubhouse,
pool, spa - Emerald Dr., Oceanside
- Rancho Hermosa Oceanside - The climate is great for gardening and some of these lots
have room for fruit trees - duplex homes - low H/O fees due to no clubhouse. View homes in this community on Realtor Dennis Kaiser, SRES, website.
- Peacock Hills 834 to 1255 Sq ft homes - approx. $300's (verify pricing with local Realtors) - Oceanside
Senior Citizens Center 4 1/2 miles - 5 miles to coast - manufactured
homes incl cost of land - built 1977-1980 - 900+ homes. 1525 Peacock Blvd., Oceanside - 760-708-3036 (Board)
Newer Resale Homes in Oceanside
- Villa Trieste in Rancho del Oro Rd area of Oceanside - newer community built in 90's -
condominiums and duplexes ; Clubhouse, pool, spa, bocce ball, walk path - upscale appearance -
condos may have fireplace - homeowner's fees pays for gate,
insurance, sewer, trash, exterior bldg maintenance (verify) - close to ocean
amenities. 100+ homes.
In Oceanside - 4-6 miles from coast. 5 condominium communities built
from 1964-1986 - each community has a clubhouse, pool, spa - some with
RV parking Original Oceana Community Association Website for more information Oceana
is a village of five retirement communities with very moderated climate
due to their locations 4 to 6 miles from the cool coastline breezes.
- Pilgrim Creek Estates - Oceanside - Gated community of detached manufactured homes built in 1980's. 760-967-6254
Resale Community Near Camp Pendleton in Oceanside
- Pacifica -
Oceanside - 1970's detached homes and duplexes. Clubhouse, pool, tennis and 5 miles to ocean amenities. Near Camp
Just South of Oceanside:
Carlsbad on the Coast
- Carlsbad by the Sea - Front Porch continuing care community. Provides meals and services. Over 3 acres on the ocean. From studios to 3 bedrooms. Pool, spa, art studio and more. They feature a retail art gallery. Entrance fee and monthly fees - 2855 Carlsbad Blvd
- Camino Hills Gated manufactured homes community built late 80's - just 3 miles to Coast.
- Lakeshore Gardens manufactured homes Carlsbad
- Solamar manufactured homes - Across from South Carlsbad State Beach - clubhouse, pool - some homes with ocean view.
- Tavarua by Meta Housing - 50 affordable housing apartments across from senior center - some with ocean views. Smoke-free, community center, Fitness.
3568 Harding St., Carlsbad - 310-575-3543
Note: For Golfers: Resident Rates in Carlsbad:
Residents of Carlsbad can enjoy resident rates at The Crossings Municipal Championship Golf Course (verify) The Crossings Golf
South of Carlsbad:
- High Country Villas - Attached
homes and 2-story condos. 9- hole golf, clubhouse,
bocce ball, walk trails, pools and spa. 3 miles to Scripps Memorial
LaJolla Cove photo by K Patalsky
- Casa de Mañana - La Jolla - Senior apartments by Front Porch - ocean amenities
nearby - 14 miles to San Diego city - independent and assisted living in
an elegant community - shop and dine at LaJolla Village. Starting rents in $4000's/mo. - Includes some services. 849 Coast Blvd., La Jolla - 800-959-7010
- Vi Living at La Jolla - La Jolla - now Vi at La Jolla - Independent and assisted continuing care community in the Golden Triangle of San Diego.
Independent living in LaJolla
- Pacific Regent - La Jolla - Independent lifestyle - condo home purchase - near coastline by Watermark. - Luxury amenities include: concierge, heated pool and spa, tennis court, gated entry, valet parking, gourmet restaurant and more. 3890 Nobel Dr., San Diego - 858-768-2153
City of San Diego
Hotel Del Coronado in San Diego by KPatalsky
- Wesley Palms - San Diego - offers another
option for your retirement - rental independent and assisted living that
provides meals, housekeeping and more in a convenient San Diego
location. No entrance fee - monthly rates Includes dining, housekeeping,
utilities, scheduled transportation, and more (please verify).
New at Wesley Palms: Patio homes with monthly rent includes many amenities and services. Saltwater pool (verify) - 2404 Loring St. - 858-274-4110
- Paradise Village National City 1/4 mile to San Diego city line - Independent and
assisted living - there is also a seasonal stay program - good way to
"try out" the San Diego area
- Fredericka Manor - Chula Vista - No entrance fee - Variety of home styles. Monthly fees include meals and housekeeping. 2 and 3- bedrooms, studios and cottages. Alongside the beach area with shopping and outdoor cafes. There is also a skilled nursing center. 183 3rd Ave., Chula Vista - 800-310-4696
- New Avante del Sur - By Lennar - 119 attached solar-powered condos - clubhouse, pool, fitness and more - up to 3 bedrooms - elevators in some 2-story plans - upgraded features - From upper $600's 16750 Coyote Bush Dr., San Diego - 858-227-6502 - open daily
Inland areas of San Diego County:
Inland from Encinitas:
Auberge at Del Sur by CalAtlantic Homes
Within the master community of Del Sur - Resort amenities. Gated community of small to large homes on single level. Some with 2-story option. Clubhouse, pool, spa, fitness, recreation and social activities.
- The Cottages at Auberge - Small to spacious homes
- The Villas at Auberge collection - medium to large
- Summer House at Auberge - large homes
8173 Auberge Circle, San Diego - 858-401-7370 - Open Daily
San Diego Retirement Communities at San Marcos
- Las Brisas -
Mobile and manufactured homes with tiled roofs --very southern
California. Being close to coast brings cool breezes - detached homes. Electronic gate. Clubhouse, pool and spa.
- Lake San Marcos - Not over 55 for most of the homes in this large community but the
Chateau Lake San Marcos community here consists of independent living
with assisted living available, if needed. Independent living provides
meals and housekeeping. It's a non-smoking community. 2 or 3 story
buildings. There is a pull-cord emergency system. Amenities include a
clubhouse, pool, spa. Unlike Lake San Marcos, this community for seniors
is gated. Monthly homeowners fees. "The Cove" is another community
coming soon for seniors at Lake San Marcos.
Fallbrook is a country area near Camp Pendleton one hour to San Diego and 1 1/2 hour to Los Angeles.
- East Ridge Fallbrook - gated community of custom homes.
- Rancho Monserate - Fallbrook - mobile and manufactured homes on 96 acres (mobile homes are
those built before 6/15/76-they are called manufactured homes if built
after that date) Golf course, tennis, heated pool and spa - resident
- Meadowbrook Mobile Homes - 2 miles from Carlton Oaks Golf Course - pool and recreation - 8301 Mission Gorge Rd.
San Diego Retirement Communities at Rancho Bernardo
Very popular Rancho Bernardo is known to have one of lowest crime rates (please verify). 24 miles to city of San Diego.
- Oaks North 55 community in Rancho San Bernardo. Many facilities for every interest, pool and spa.
- Seven Oaks 13 miles to coastline - First started in 60's - attached and detached singles of variety of sizes. Very active with many clubs and activities as listed on their website.
- The Remington Club Also has Seasonal Stays - Rancho Bernardo luxury independent and assisted living community.
- Stone Ridge Estates - Warner Springs near Temecula - approx. 2 hours to Los Angeles - resale manufactured homes in hills of San Diego County with pool/spa, clubhouse, on-site manager, RV storage and more. See local Realtors.
35109 Highway 79 South - Ph: 800-649-8028
Mobile/Manufactured community in Valley Center
Most popular on this page:
Ocean Hills CC
Please verify all information and prices for San Diego Retirement Communities as they can change. We make no recommendations for Realtors or communities. Please seek advice from local Realtors and do your own thorough investigations. We are not associated with the communities reviewed.
Return to Southern California Retirement Communities
Return to Bestguide-Retirementcommunities home page