Senior Communities for Manhattan Commute from New Jersey
and Highlands Area of NJ
(This is Page 3 of New Jersey retirement communities includes northern New Jersey.)
Page 1 - Ocean County (main New Jersey page)
Page 2 - Jersey Shore
Page 3 - Commute to Manhattan and Highlands (This page)
Page 4 - Near Princeton
Page 5 - Central NJ
Page 6 - Southern NJ
New Over 55 communities for commuting to Manhattan from New Jersey
The closer to New York City, generally the more expensive the prices.
- Regency at Readington Carriages by Toll Bros. - For over 55 - Near New Brunswick (16 miles) - Carriage homes - Pool, clubhouse, tot lot, bocce and more. 46 miles to Lower Manhattan. Villas are available. Carriage homes from $500's. 659 Rt 22, Whitehouse Station, NJ - (Hunterdon County) 908-534-5656
- Regency at Flanders - single homes on Pleasant Hill Rd., Flanders near Morristown and north of Newark. Across from Flanders Valley Golf Course in scenic area. Resort-styled by Toll Brothers. From upper $400's. 70 Pleasant Hill Rd., Flanders - 973-584-8655
Resales - See local Realtors
- Parkwood at Cambridge Crossings - Northern New Jersey - Clifton, NJ - approx. 30 minutes to NYC - 2 BR/2BA luxury homes from mid $300's. Resort like with CH, pool, spa - a unique feature is that only one person needs to be over 55; also will allow child over 18. (verify age qualifications) - One Harcourt Rd.
- The Enclave at Shackamaxon - By Toll Brothers - 25 miles to New York City - Train to NYC - 56 large luxury carriage homes inside Shackamaxon Country Club. Started from upper $700's. 1607 Shackamaxon Dr., Scotch Plains
- K Hovnanian Four Seasons at Ridgemont - Montvale - Woodcliff Lake - By K Hovnanian - Price: $$$$$ - 108 spacious luxury garden condominium homes for a sophisticated active lifestyle of 2BR/2 or 2 1/2 baths - car or rail to NYC . From $600's. 701 Four Seasons Lane.
- Four Seasons at North Caldwell - North Caldwell by K Hovnanian Homes. Price: $$$$$ - Large luxurious condos 2BR/2BA - heated outdoor pool and clubhouse and more. Good commute to NYC location plus upscale shopping and dining in quaint small town. Started mid-$500's. Four Seasons Drive, North Caldwell
- Four Seasons at Sterling Pointe - Franklin
Township - Price: $$$ - Somerset County - for the sophisticated 55+
lifestyle by K Hovnanian Homes - country area but near roadways - commute
to NYC from train stations nearby and at MetroPark. From upper $300's. 4 Schindler Court, Somerset NJ
- Enclave at Long Valley - Long Valley in Morris County - 61 miles to Manhattan - Carriage homes started mid-$400's - By Toll Brothers 2 Raspberry Lane - Open Daily
- Four Seasons at Great Notch Spa and Club - 12 miles to New York City - Price: $$$$ - 39 Brownstone Rd. - Woodland Park, Clifton NJ - by K Hovnanian - villas, garden homes and courtyard homes - new phase is courtyard homes - world class clubhouse upper $400's. GPS: 650 Valley Rd.
- Greenbriar Fox Ridge by Lennar - Wharton - by Lennar - 35 miles to Manhattan - be out in the countryside and approx. hour commute for city amenities. Good looking 3-level condominium building - one and two-bedroom homes started from upper $200's. Clubhouse, pool, tennis. Rockaway Township. (verify) - 7102 Polk Dr., Wharton
- Bears Cove at Ramsey - 104 luxury gated town homes - approx. 25 miles to Manhattan
- Near NJ Transit station on Bergen Main Line - Clubhouse, elegant pool
and spa and more. By Continental Properties. 200 Windsor Lane - Popular community is now Sold out.c
- Four Seasons at The Promenade - 35 miles to New York City
- 123 Washington Valley Road - By K Hovnanian - Warren Township, Somerset County, a best
place to live - Townhomes and singles - also 2BR/2BA garden home
condominiums - For your discriminating taste - historic town - Warren
Township in Somerset County.
- Liberty Square at Wesmont Station This is not an age-restricted community but is for all ages - 9 miles to Manhattan Started from upper $300's (verify). By Pulte Homes - 217 2- and 3-bedroom townhomes - Onsite train station open now with 25 minute ride to Manhattan (verify all information) Condominiums and townhomes. 5000 Wesmont Dr., Wood-Ridge, NJ
- Regency at Long Valley Toll Brothers - Price: $$$$$ Luxury carriage homes from mid $500's (verify) - 4 miles to I-80 - prestigious town
- Traditions at Hamilton Crossing in Central New Jersey - By
Pulte in Hamilton NJ - within an hour to New York City or Philadelphia.
Price: $$ - 2 bedroom homes.
- Wanaque Reserve - 34 miles from Manhattan - Sold Out - Price: $$$ - gated and large clubhouse "The Lodge," indoor and outdoor pools, sauna, massage rooms. Walking trails - large homes started low $400's. 6100 Warrens Way, Wanaque, NJ
Northern New Jersey Highlands
- New Hunterdon Creekside - Small community of gated single homes and townhomes by Del Webb from mid-$300's - Resort amenities. One hour to Manhattan.
Case Blvd. and Ridge Rd., Raritan Township - 866-226-2711
Independent Apartment Community
- Heath Village
Hackettstown - Apartments and cottages - Meals and housekeeping available. Also, hotel style living with services. Pool, tennis, recreation and more.
Skylands Region - Warren County
- Horizons at Delaware Crossing
(70 miles to NYC) - large patio homes from $270's - Clubhouse and resort amenities. 561 Edward St., Lopatcong, NJ - 855-245-3507
- New Florham Park by Del Webb - Very popular community in great area selling fast. Singles, townhomes and condos from $400's in master community. Resort amenities. Shopping includes Whole Foods Market just 2 miles and Short Hills Mall. Park Ave. and Jets Drive, Florham Park. 908-280-8988
- Gatherings at Haledon Near Paramus by Beazer - scenic highlands of Northern NJ - views of NYC skyline - resale condominiums - near major transportation routes.
You may also like: Commute to Manhattan from Long Island: About Port Washington and its NYC commute train.
Best Guide Home Page