Senior Communities for Manhattan Commute from New Jersey
and Highlands Area of NJ
(This is Page 3 of New Jersey retirement communities includes northern New Jersey.)
Page 1 - Ocean County (main New Jersey page)
Page 2 - Jersey Shore
Page 3 - Commute to Manhattan and Highlands (This page)
Page 4 - Near Princeton
Page 5 - Central NJ
Page 6 - Southern NJ
New Over 55 communities for commuting to Manhattan from New Jersey
The closer to New York City, generally the more expensive the prices. These communities within range of NYC usually sell fairly quickly.
- Del Webb Florham Park - Florham Park - Appointments recommended - There is a 1-bedroom plan starting in $400's that probably will sell out quickly plus other condo plans priced starting in $400's. The future prices of condos starting in $500's (verify with agent). Prices of the large townhomes jumps up starting in $800's. There are also single homes coming not available yet (verify). There will be a large clubhouse, indoor and outdoor pools, fitness center, sport courts, lifestyle director and more.
Sales office open daily (except closed 1/17 and 2/21 for holidays.) Located at 2A Applegate Dr., Florham Park - 908-280-8988
- Venue at the American - Morris Plains - Master plan featuring townhomes starting in $700's and lofts starting in $500's. Resort amenities. Prices are subject to change so please verify. Approximately an hour to NYC. By Lennar.
Resales - See local Realtors
- Parkwood at Cambridge Crossings - Northern New Jersey - Clifton, NJ - approx. 30 minutes to NYC - 2 BR/2BA luxury homes from mid $300's. Resort like with CH, pool, spa - a unique feature is that only one person needs to be over 55; also will allow child over 18. (verify age qualifications) - One Harcourt Rd.
- The Enclave at Shackamaxon - By Toll Brothers - 25 miles to New York City - Train to NYC - 56 large luxury carriage homes inside Shackamaxon Country Club. Started from upper $700's. 1607 Shackamaxon Dr., Scotch Plains
- K Hovnanian Four Seasons at Ridgemont - Montvale - Woodcliff Lake - By K Hovnanian - Price: $$$$$ - 108 spacious luxury garden condominium homes for a sophisticated active lifestyle of 2BR/2 or 2 1/2 baths - car or rail to NYC . From $600's. 701 Four Seasons Lane.
- Four Seasons at North Caldwell - North Caldwell by K Hovnanian Homes. Price: $$$$$ - Large luxurious condos 2BR/2BA - heated outdoor pool and clubhouse and more. Good commute to NYC location plus upscale shopping and dining in quaint small town. Started mid-$500's. Four Seasons Drive, North Caldwell
- Four Seasons at Sterling Pointe - Franklin
Township - Price: $$$ - Somerset County - for the sophisticated 55+
lifestyle by K Hovnanian Homes - country area but near roadways - commute
to NYC from train stations nearby and at MetroPark. From upper $300's. 4 Schindler Court, Somerset NJ
- Enclave at Long Valley - Long Valley in Morris County - 61 miles to Manhattan - Carriage homes started mid-$400's - By Toll Brothers 2 Raspberry Lane - Open Daily
- Four Seasons at Great Notch Spa and Club - 12 miles to New York City - Price: $$$$ - 39 Brownstone Rd. - Woodland Park, Clifton NJ - by K Hovnanian - villas, garden homes and courtyard homes - new phase is courtyard homes - world class clubhouse upper $400's. GPS: 650 Valley Rd.
- Greenbriar Fox Ridge by Lennar - Wharton - by Lennar - 35 miles to Manhattan - be out in the countryside and approx. hour commute for city amenities. Good looking 3-level condominium building - one and two-bedroom homes started from upper $200's. Clubhouse, pool, tennis. Rockaway Township. (verify) - 7102 Polk Dr., Wharton
- Bears Cove at Ramsey - 104 luxury gated town homes - approx. 25 miles to Manhattan
- Near NJ Transit station on Bergen Main Line - Clubhouse, elegant pool
and spa and more. By Continental Properties. 200 Windsor Lane - Popular community is now Sold out.c
- Four Seasons at The Promenade - 35 miles to New York City
- 123 Washington Valley Road - By K Hovnanian - Warren Township, Somerset County, a best
place to live - Townhomes and singles - also 2BR/2BA garden home
condominiums - For your discriminating taste - historic town - Warren
Township in Somerset County.
- Liberty Square at Wesmont Station This is not an age-restricted community but is for all ages - 9 miles to Manhattan Started from upper $300's (verify). By Pulte Homes - 217 2- and 3-bedroom townhomes - Onsite train station open now with 25 minute ride to Manhattan (verify all information) Condominiums and townhomes. 5000 Wesmont Dr., Wood-Ridge, NJ
- Regency at Long Valley Toll Brothers - Price: $$$$$ Luxury carriage homes from mid $500's (verify) - 4 miles to I-80 - prestigious town
- Regency at Readington Carriages by Toll Bros. - - Near New Brunswick (16 miles) - Carriage homes - Pool, clubhouse, tot lot, bocce and more. 46 miles to Lower Manhattan. Villas are available. Carriage homes were from $500's. 659 Rt 22, Whitehouse Station, NJ - (Hunterdon County)
- Regency at Flanders - single homes on Pleasant Hill Rd., Flanders near Morristown and north of Newark. Across from Flanders Valley Golf Course in scenic area. Resort-styled by Toll Brothers. Were from upper $400's. 70 Pleasant Hill Rd., Flanders
- Traditions at Hamilton Crossing in Central New Jersey - By
Pulte in Hamilton NJ - within an hour to New York City or Philadelphia.
Price: $$ - 2 bedroom homes.
- Wanaque Reserve - 34 miles from Manhattan - Sold Out - Price: $$$ - gated and large clubhouse "The Lodge," indoor and outdoor pools, sauna, massage rooms. Walking trails - large homes started low $400's. 6100 Warrens Way, Wanaque, NJ
Northern New Jersey Highlands
- New Hunterdon Creekside - Small community of gated single homes and townhomes by Del Webb from mid-$300's - Resort amenities. One hour to Manhattan.
Case Blvd. and Ridge Rd., Raritan Township - 866-226-2711
Independent Apartment Community
- Heath Village
Hackettstown - Apartments and cottages - Meals and housekeeping available. Also, hotel style living with services. Pool, tennis, recreation and more.
Skylands Region - Warren County
- Horizons at Delaware Crossing
(70 miles to NYC) - large patio homes from $270's - Clubhouse and resort amenities. 561 Edward St., Lopatcong, NJ - 855-245-3507
- New Florham Park by Del Webb - Very popular community in great area selling fast. Singles, townhomes and condos from $400's in master community. Resort amenities. Shopping includes Whole Foods Market just 2 miles and Short Hills Mall. Park Ave. and Jets Drive, Florham Park. 908-280-8988
- Gatherings at Haledon Near Paramus by Beazer - scenic highlands of Northern NJ - views of NYC skyline - resale condominiums - near major transportation routes.
You may also like: Commute to Manhattan from Long Island: About Port Washington and its NYC commute train.