Retirement Communities in Phoenix for over age 55
Find retirement communities in Phoenix and surrounding areas by regions. Nice
Selection of award-winning 55+ retirement communities. The Phoenix area has
three large, award-winning, master-planned developments:
- Eastmark in Mesa
- Vistancia in Peoria
- Verrado in Buckeye
Golf is a popular activity with 300 courses in Arizona. There is a senior center in Phoenix: The Helen Drake Senior Center - Address: 7600 N. 27th Ave - offering meals, health services, activities and programs.
contents this page
Northwest of Phoenix Sun City,
Del Webb and Sun City
More new homes Northwest of Phoenix: Surprise, Litchfield, Peoria, Wickenburg
North of Phoenix Resales
Northeast of Phoenix:Scottsdale, Rio Verde
Northeast of Phoenix Resales
West of Phoenix: Goodyear, Buckeye
East of Phoenix: Mesa, Apache Junction
East of Phoenix Resales
Southeast of Phoenix: Gilbert, Chandler, Sun Lakes, Queen Creek, Maricopa, Florence, Casa Grande, Eloy
South of Phoenix Resales
Most Popular on this Page
Newest Communities near Phoenix
Find Other Pages:
Manufactured Homes in Arizona
RV Resorts in Arizona
Tucson 55+ Communities
RV Park Article
RV Trip - Living in an RV
Climate for Phoenix
Northwest of Phoenix
sun city in the valley of the sun
- If you would like to know more about Sun City by Del Webb near Surprise, Az, a popular area with seniors, and the surrounding communities, go here for an overview and comparison: Sun City by Del Webb (Separate page)
Trilogy® at Vistancia® resort clubs
Location: Peoria - Feature: Part of Vistancia master-planned community; golf - Contact: 30500 N. 131st Dr., Peoria - 1-800-685-6494 - Open Daily
Price: $600's - Part of master-planned community Vistancia in Peoria near Lake Pleasant in Northwest Phoenix. This area is known for great golf. Will have many unique features such as the lap pool that reduces waves from adjoining swimmers, athletic club and the popular Alvea spa. Many unique features, such as a demonstration kitchen, artisan studio, Alvea Spa, fitness center, and resort and lap pools. Small to large home collections.
Location: Surprise - Feature: Amenity-rich 55+ community - Contact: Asante Blvd. and 163rd Avenue, Surprise - 602-661-2581 - Shown by appointment.
3 collections: Encore, Inspiration and Tradition (paired homes). The Encore collection is single homes priced from $400's. The Tradition collection is paired homes. Amenities include clubhouse, pool, fitness center, sport courts, trails, parks and open space and more.
New Asante Heritage - Location: Surprise; Feature: Paired homes from $300's and singles from $400's - Contact: 17383 W. Chama Dr., Surprise - 602-661-3437 - By appointment only
Photo: Trilogy® at Shea Homes - Wickenburg Ranch Resort Club
Location: Wickenburg - Feature: Within master community; incorporates wild west ambience of area with golf course with scenic vistas - Partial 55+ - Contact: 3312 W. Maverick Dr., Wickenburg - Open Daily - Request a tour. 866-741-7292
Small town about 1 hour Northwest of Phoenix.
By Shea Homes in Sonoran Desert | Within Wickenburg Ranch master community | Resort lifestyle with Western touch | Elevation of 2200 makes evenings cooler than Phoenix (verify) | Small to large homes start from $400's | Championship golf
Resales Northwest of Phoenix
- Four Seasons at Ventana Lakes by K Hovnanian Homes - Location: Sun City (not part of Del Webb Sun City) - Feature: Stocked fishing lakes; part of established master community - Contact: Beardsley and 107th Ave., Sun City - Enjoy walks among lakes and single homes. Prices started in lower $300's.
- Four Seasons at Wickenburg Ranch - Location: Wickenburg - Feature: In master community Wickenburg Ranch with resort amenities. - Contact: 3312 Maverick Dr., Wickenburg - Enjoy a desert setting with luxury amenities including a spa and salon, golf, walking trails, fitness center, restaurants, spa, and more. Single homes by K Hovnanian. Were priced in $200's. Active lifestyle community.
- Westbrook Village - Offers 3900 homes of a variety of types - 2 restaurants, 2 semi-private 18-hole golf courses, clubhouse, clubs and more. Resale prices range from $100,000-$500,000's. See local Realtors for resales.
19281 N. Westbrook Parkway, Peoria - 623-561-0099
- Corte Bella Golf Club - Phoenix - Sun City West - Fitness Club and day spa. Beyond basic aerobics, services include spa treatment rooms. Massages and facials can be arranged as additional services. Championship golf course by Greg Nash. Upscale resort-styled.
22129 N. Mission Dr., Sun City West - 623-556-8951
- Caletas at Blackstone - Peoria - not over 55 - gated community of spacious low maintenance luxury villas by Shea Homes within the gated Blackstone Country Club. Duplex or triplex style. Only 51 lots. Started low $200's. Appeals to those still working or for second homes. See resales. 12055 Red Hawk Dr., Peoria
- Arizona Traditions - Surprise, AZ - Large gated community of 1768 homes complete in 2013. Community Center, golf, 3 pools, tennis, softball field, pickle ball, walking trails and bocci ball. Resales Bell Road
- Sun Village - Surprise - Gated resort-like community of 1382 homes and condominiums with large pool, par three "walking" golf, and many other amenities. 14300 W Bell Rd., Surprise - 1-623-584-6904
Northeast of Phoenix
Location: Scottsdale AZ - Feature: Single-story luxury Villas - Contact: Scottsdale Rd. and Dove Valley Rd. - 877-546-8669 - From $800's
By K Hovnanian. Activities:
- Pool and spa
- Bocce Court
- Barbeque Pavilion
- Hiking and Biking at nearby Pinnacle Park
Gated 55 community near Pinnacle Peak Park. Resort amenities.
Trilogy® at Shea Homes - Verde River™ Golf and Social Club
Location: Rio Verde - Feature: Golf resort community - Contact: 28525 N Verde River Way W., Rio Verde, AZ 85263 - 800-685-6494 - Open Daily - Appointments Recommended - Partial 55+
By Shea Homes. Small to large homes start $490's. Scottsdale is a beautiful area with a cooler northern climate than the southern part of the state.
Lifecare Community in Scottsdale
- Westminster Village in Scottsdale - Northeast of Phoenix - Apartment homes with active living and life care. Their prices are listed on their website. Lots of services and amenities included in entrance fee plus monthly fee. 12000 No. 90th St., Scottsdale - 480-451-2001
55+ Resales in the northeast valley
Rio Verde (east of Scottsdale)
- Blue Sky at Tonto Verde - Location: Rio Verde - Feature: Golf - Contact: Rio Verde Dr. and Forest Rd. - Rio Verde area by Taylor Morrison. 2-bedroom/2 Bath single small to medium homes. Were from the mid-$200's. Golf. 15 minutes east of North Scottsdale near the Verde River and Tonto Forest.
- Rio Verde Country Club - Location: Rio Verde - Feature: Golfing community - Contact: Inquire at real estate office on site or in area. 18731 East Four Peaks Blvd., Rio Verde Rio Verde is approx. 30 miles northeast of Scottsdale. Resort-like with vacation rentals, seasonal rentals, year-round rentals and resale homes were from mid-$100's to one million plus. Grandkid friendly with special events.
Independent Living Communities
North of Phoenix
- La Loma Village Litchfield Park - Independent living with lifecare. Beautiful scenery
surrounds this community of activities and services. Casitas and
apartments. Short stays also available.
West of Phoenix
New Communities in Buckeye
Location: Buckeye - Feature: Large Award-winning resort-style community - Contact: 26415 Desert Vista Blvd., Buckeye - 866-450-9322
By Del Webb In the valley west of Phoenix. Offering amenities with strong emphasis on health, wellness and personal enrichment. This senior lifestyle community will have 7200 homes when closes.
2-bedroom, 2 or more bath ranch homes | 4 collections | Discover Tour: Stay in a villa with golf cart up to 3 nights | Price: $$$ - Start $300's | 3100 acres
LGI HOMES (SOLD)
Sundance at Buckeye by LGI Homes golf course
- LGI Homes at Sundance - Sold
Location: Buckeye - Feature: Within master community of Sundance; golf - Contact: 22645 W. Gardenia, Buckeye -
18-hole golf course, pools, community center and mountain vistas. 2-3 bedroom single homes with garage | Smaller to medium large square footage | Started from upper $100's.
VICTORY AT VERRADO
On Phoenix Magazine's "Ten Hottest Neighborhoods" list:
1) Victory at Verrado in Buckeye and
2) Eastmark in Mesa (See Encore at Eastmark for 55+ in Mesa, below)
- Victory at Verrado Active Adult 55+ community in Buckeye | Desert terrain | Walking trails | First 55+ active adult community in this popular master community. Builders in Victory: Lennar, David Weekley, Maracay, CalAtlantic, K Hovnanian, Wm Ryan, Landsea, and Taylor Morrison. Currently, they are building homes from $300,000's to $1 Mil+. 21029 W. Main St., Buckeye - 623-215-6000
LENNAR AT VICTORY
- Encore at Victory at Verrado - LOCATION: Buckeye - West Valley Area - FEATURE: Within Victory at Verrado master community - CONTACT: 20810 W. Pasadena Ave.
Large, single family 2-bedroom homes | Started low $300's | Verrado Golf Club | 2l miles of trails | Some NextGen plans | Mountain views
TAYLOR MORRISON AT VICTORY
LOCATION: Buckeye - FEATURE: Master community is Victory at Verrado - CONTACT: Verrado Way and Indian School Rd.
55+ community in established master community. | By prestigious builder Taylor Morrison. | Located in the foothills of the White Tank Mountains. 55+ community with a resort lifestyle from $600's.
K HOVNANIAN AT VICTORY
LOCATION: Buckeye - FEATURE: In award-winning master community Victory at Verrado - CONTACT: 20818 W. Pasadena, Buckeye - 602-824-7830
southwest architecture speaks to the surrounding desert terrain.
Spacious single ranch homes by K Hovnanian. From $500's. One plan has an extra suite for visitors etc. Resort amenities and
miles of trails.
DAVID WEEKLEY AT VICTORY
LOCATION: Buckeye - FEATURE: Villa homes in master community Victory at Verrado - CONTACT: 20714 W. Fern Dr., Buckeye - 800-486-3956 - Almost sold out.
David Weekly Homes presents a variety of 55+ neighborhoods with different price ranges.
- Pebble Creek by Robson - Luxury single family homes and villas community near Phoenix By Robson Communities. Award-winning retirement communities in Phoenix near Goodyear, Arizona.
From $490's | Price: $$$$
3003 No. 164th Ave., Goodyear - 623-935-6700
LOCATION: Goodyear - FEATURE: In master community Estrella - CONTACT: 17700 W. Star Point Dr., Goodyear, AZ - 800-284-6637 - Open Daily
20 minutes from Phoenix where the pace slows - Sonoran Desert - This is an award-winning green community. A variety of floor plans starting in $300's.
Amenities include 2 pools, massage room, cooking kitchen, lifelong learning programs, yacht club and more. Also: gated golf cart community.
What is a "golf cart community?" This term usually refers to the fact that you can drive your golf cart anywhere in the community to get around not just for golf but for general purposes. But do verify where this would be as it may vary. Not all those with golf courses are considered a "golf cart community."
New Homes East of Phoenix
LOCATION Mesa - FEATURE: Country Club; Gated - CONTACT: 540 S. 80th St., Mesa - 480-380-4000 - Open Daily
Retirement Community and Country Club in Mesa | Resort-like community of more affordable homes and condominiums | numerous pools, recreation, social activities and amenities | Country club membership available for residents and non-residents
Photo by Sun Villa
- Sun Villa Apartments Near Fountain of the Sun Retirement Community in Mesa. Renting at value prices. Gated. Studios and 1 bedrooms. Pool, golf and more.
650 S. 80th St., Mesa - 866-484-5534
- Las Palmas Grand - Mesa - Price: $ - Start $80,000's - manufactured homes by Thesman - Resort retirement community. Multimillion dollar clubhouse. 800 homes.
2550 So. Ellsworth Rd., Mesa - 480-357-5000 - Open Daily
Location: Mesa - Feature: Large community for 55+ within master community Eastmark - Contact: 5620 South Encore, Mesa - 480-346-1738 - Open Daily
Over a dozen Home Designs starting in the mid $400s. Social activities within the larger Eastmark master community for active adults. Contemporary design. Voted in Top 10 in Phoenix Magazine. Also, among John Burns Top Masters list. 40 golf courses within 30-minute drive.
There are all ages in other nearby developments so seniors can have their family members close by. Will have approx. 900 homes at build out and its own 15,000 sq. ft. clubhouse, The Encore Club.
Resale East of Phoenix (Mesa and Apache Junction):
- Leisure World Arizona in Mesa - Many units start at age 45+ and others at 55+. Minutes from Phoenix. Large, gated community filled with activities and golf. Active adult community with resales in variety of price ranges from $100,000's (verify). Seasonal and long-term rentals listed on website also. 908 S. Power Rd., Mesa - 480-832-0003 ext 401
- Sunland Springs Village - Mesa - Farnsworth Development - homes, townhomes and condos on 900 acres - 27-hole golf course. 2 and 3-bedrooms started upper $100's. Small square footage townhomes started $166,900. Condos start mid-$200's. There is a separate assisted living and memory care facility, The Summit at Sunland Springs, in this master community. 2233 S. Springwood Blvd., Mesa - 888-709-5750
- Sunrise Village - Mesa - 24 hr gated community of manufactured homes by Thesman - Resale homes from $15,000's. 5402 E. McKellips Rd. - 480-985-0548
apache junction resales
- Palmas del Sol - Apache Junction - By Thesman - resale manufactured homes from $35,000 - 24 hour gated.
3400 So. Ironwood Dr. - 480-983-4084 - Open daily 8-5
South of Phoenix
- Robson Ranch in Eloy - by Robson Communities - Price: $-$$ - Gated luxury community with champion golf course near Phoenix. Eloy/Casa Grande area. Away but near enough to city living for shopping, restaurants, health care facilities. 2 BR's with den. Starting $160's to $500's. 5687 N. Robson Blvd., Eloy - Open Daily
Location: Florence - Feature: In master community; 55+ resort style - Contact: 3855 N. Sun City Blvd., Florence - 877-937-6396
Price: $-$$ in Southeast valley of Phoenix. In multi-generational community. | Single ranch homes starting $190's to $260's. | 18-hole Golf | Social activities | Rec Center | Courtyard homes
Other Del Webb communities in the area: Del Webb Lone Tree in Chandler (high $200's) and Sun City Festival in Buckeye (low $200's).
Location: Maricopa - Feature: Gated with golf; Resort Amenities - Contact: 20930 N Province Pkwy, Maricopa - 877-275-6374 - Open Daily
By Meritage Homes in Maricopa | Price: $-$$ Previously by Engle Homes* | 30 minutes south of Phoenix. | Guard-gated | From villas to estates | 175 acres of parks and lakes | Province was voted "Best Active Adult Community in America" by 50+ Housing Council of National Assoc. of Home Builders | Also a silver award in Best Clubhouse Design.
*After completion of hundreds of homes, Engle Homes went into bankruptcy during the height of the housing crisis and Meritage Homes is the current owner of Province with new plans and features.
- Villas of Province - Small to medium 2-bedroom villas. Energy efficient homes within the Province gated community. 20930 N Province Pkwy, Maricopa -
- The Retreats at Province - Medium to large singles from $300's. 21132 N. Festival Lane, Maricopa - Open Daily
queen creek/san tan valley
Encanterra model home
Location: Queen Creek - Feature: Partial 55+ Luxury golf community - Contact: 36460 N. Encanterra Dr., Queen Creek - 800-685-6494 - Open Daily - Appts preferred (Appointments are suggested when Tour Centers may be very busy and you need to get your questions answered.)
A Trilogy luxury golf community. Shea homes at Queen Creek, Southeast of Phoenix. Price: $-$$$ Start low $200's to high $300's. Feeling of a private club with 18-hole golf. It is part of the master community Encanterra which is non-age restricted. Many clubs and activities and Alvea spa. Popular rural area offering small town lifestyle with outdoor amenities. A new club, the Algarve, is now open.
- 18-hole private golf
- The Alvea Spa, named best clubhouse spa
- 4 Restaurants
- 3 pools including waveless lap pool and outdoor pool with cabanas
- Tennis Center
Location: Queen Creek - Feature: In intergenerational master community Meridian - Contact: E. Ocotillo Rd. and S. Signal Butt Rd., Queen Creek - Models open daily
Medium to large homes by William Lyon Single family homes with recreation center, pool and more. Now starting at low $400's -
South of Phoenix resale homes
- Del Webb at Lone Tree -
We often think of Del Webb communities as large and sprawling but this
one will be different. Only 72 homes! Scaled down and more intimate.
to Phoenix metro area and appropriate if you want to be near jobs and
keep working. Near Lindsay and Riggs Rd. in Chandler. Started in upper
$200's. 6080 S. Pinaleno Place, Chandler
- Mission Royale at Casa Grande by Meritage Homes - Casa Grande - Feature: Golf and recreation - 2611 E. Questa Trail, Casa Grande - Between Phoenix and Tucson - Price: $ homes were from $190's - Pool with chairlift - green building features.
- Sun Lakes of Arizona retirement communities
Active adult community for age 40 and above
in Sun Lakes 20 minutes from Phoenix and near Chandler. A Robson community located here but sold out. Resales.
Vacation lifestyle and country club living. Miles of walking paths,
stocked fishing lakes, clubhouse, pools, golf, tennis, health clubs and
Manufactured and standard homes. Sun Lakes Country Club is
the original community of three with 2139 homes on one square mile area. Also of interest are the seasonal rentals as shown on website. 25601 N. Sun Lakes Blvd., Chandler AZ - 480-895-9270
- Iron Oaks at Sun Lakes Enjoy Southwest architecture and an adult lifestyle near Chandler and Phoenix at Sun Lakes. Golf community with all conveniences--post office, hardware, food, auto repair, medical and more shops and services. Intel Corp nearby and Arizona State University provide employment opps. Country Club lifestyle with golf, pools, tennis and more. Resales. 24218 S. Oakwood Blvd., Sun Lakes, AZ - 480-895-7275
The San Tan Valley offers recreation, clean air and small town living.
resales and rentals in gilbert
- Trilogy® at Power Ranch Homeowners Site by Shea Homes at Gilbert. Gated, resort-style in Southeast Valley of Phoenix. Rentals also available listed on site.
Top of page
References: A good resource AZCentral.com - Check out their new home section.
newest communities near phoenix
- Four Seasons at Scottsdale Heights - Scottsdale - $800's
- Four Seasons at Ventana Lakes - Sun City - Lower $300's (sold)
- Asante - New 3 collections - Surprise - From $300's
- Ovation at Meridian - Queen Creek - $400's
Most Popular 55+ Communities in Phoenix On This Page*
- Four Seasons at Scottsdale Heights
- Four Seasons at Ventana Lakes
Don't Miss: Southern Arizona near Tucson
More Options for Arizona Lifestyles: