Retirement Mobile Home Parks
for over 55...in great U.S. locations...
What are retirement mobile home parks and how do they differ from other kinds of parks.
Even though some manufactured homes today are still being called mobile homes, there is a difference.
(Jump to listings)
Important facts about mobile homes:
- Be sure to know the date your mobile home was built.
The term mobile home refers to factory-built homes built before June 15, 1976. They do not meet current HUD standards.
- What you may think is a mobile home may be a manufactured home.
- Homes built after June 15, 1976 are called manufactured homes. In addition,
as mobile homes age and are replaced with a new model, they are then
called manufactured homes.
- Be sure to see our manufactured homes page
also since most communities are a mix of both.
Your mobile home park is becoming a manufactured home park..
- Gradually mobile homes are being replaced with new models.
Many of the mobile homes in these parks are old. There is a
gradual upgrading as newer homes are replacing older ones in parks.
can buy or lease the lot for the location and then replace the home with a newer model.
Do you want to own your lot or lease it..
- In a mobile home park, you do not always own your lot. Lot
lease communities are ones where you buy the home but lease the lot for a
The lot appreciates if you own it and your investment is more
stable. However, leased lots have their advantages because you don't have to outlay
more money for the land and pay property taxes (verify). Leased-lot communities pose the risk that the community could be sold and you will need to move. Check your contracts for details regarding this matter.
- Because older mobile home parks are on land that was purchased when land was cheap, many are in desirable locations. These communities, called land-leased, can be vulnerable to the owner selling the land if he stands to profit greatly from the sale.
Characteristics of mobile homes:
- You can find mobile home active adult communities in some of the most desirable locations. Many were built when land was cheap and available.
- Senior parks are usually well maintained and quiet.
- There are some outstanding bargains in mobile homes in the current economic climate especially in hard-hit areas like Florida, Nevada or Arizona. You can find many resale mobile homes in land-lease communities for under $25,000 (lot lease fee is additional.)
- Many mobile home parks serve as second homes for "snowbirds."
Tip: Know the significant design differences between manufacturers.
Arizona California Florida Arkansas Nevada Oregon Washington New Hampshire Delaware Most Popular
Retirement mobile home parks in Arizona
- Hibiscus Mobile Home Park - 50+ community in Prescott
- Reserve at Fox Creek - Northwest Arizona - manufactured homes by Sun Communities. Lots of social activities, large clubhouse, pool and more.
2350 Adobe Rd., Bullhead City
- Palm Creek Golf and RV - Par 3 golf course, social amenities and community center - 1110 North Henness Rd.
- Brentwood West - Leased homes and lots. Gated community with amenities
including Fitness Center, Indoor and outdoor pools and more in Mesa. Newly
renovated clubhouse. Sun Communities.
3104 E. Broadway Rd., Mesa
- Castillo Nuevo in Mesa 30 min from Phoenix pool. By HCA Management - 3300 E. Broadway Rd., Mesa -
- Desert Harbor - By Sun Communities gated community in Apache Junction. Outstanding amenities includes putting green, indoor/outdoor pools and more. 3700 So. Ironwood Dr.
- La Casa Blanca - Apache Junction - outstanding amenities and views by Sun Communities.
- Lost Dutchman - Apache Junction gated community by Sun - natural surroundings. Great amenities include RV parking, woodwork
shop, pool/spa and more.
- Rancho Mirage - Apache Junction. Sun Communities - Resort-styled gated community.
- Sun Valley - Apache Junction - Outstanding amenities and views of mountains.
Northern California -
Napa Valley - Wine Country
- Napa Valley - Homes in the wine country surrounded by vineyards and hills. Swimming pool and spa. Previously Vedder Communities now by Carefree Communities - 1040 Orchard Avenue, Napa Valley - Phone: 707-255-0980
- Pueblo Serena in Sonoma - pool/spa area. By HCA Management.
- Rincon Valley Santa Rosa in Sonoma County - half hour drive to ocean and Russian River nearby. By HCA Management.
Santa Cruz County Area Retirement Mobile Home Parks:
Santa Cruz County on the ocean approx. 30 miles from San Jose is a wonderful place to
retire; the mobile home retirement parks are near the ocean. You can
find multi-million dollar homes here but also very nice and affordable
senior mobile home parks. Also try the Watsonville area, 15 miles
outside the city of Santa Cruz.
- Clifford Manor Watsonville
- De Anza Santa Cruz - by Equity Lifestyle Properties - large space rental park on ocean.
- Loma Vista Estates - resident-owned park in Capitola near Santa Cruz
- Spring Lakes in Scotts Valley is near Santa Cruz
- Monterey Vista Mobile Estates in Watsonville which is about 15 miles from Santa Cruz in hilly agricultural area.
- Shoreline Estates 1555 Merrill St., Santa Cruz
- Villa Santa Cruz
- Sorrento Oaks 800 Brommer - Santa Cruz co-op park
- Aptos Knolls co-op park - resident owned - Aptos
- Rancho Corralitos Resident owned park - quiet in great location - 270 Hames Road Corralitos
- Tradewinds Park Jade Street - Capitola
- Soquel Glen Mobile Home Park 3470 Soquel Dr - heated pool
There are others - I suggest you contact a local Realtor for resales as most parks do not have websites.
- Valhalla in West Sacramento - 240 homes off Lake Washington close to highway 80 for easy access to many areas for entertainment, dining etc.
Rincon Valley Mobile Estates - Clubhouse, pool - 4671 Circle Dr., Santa Rosa
Auburn (Near Sacramento)
- Elders Senior Citizens Park in Auburn is beautiful foothill country 1+ hour to Lake Tahoe.
3945 Grass Valley Highway, Auburn - Ph: 530-885-2641
Citrus Heights - 99 miles to Lake Tahoe
- Lakeview Village MHP 20 minutes from downtown Sacramento with a lake, at least double section homes, mature landscaping, clubhouse, pool, activities and more.
Southern California -
- The Terrace in Spring Valley on outskirts of San Diego by HCA Management.
- Champagne Villa - Escondido - manufactured, mobile and modular homes - 8975 Lawrence Welk Drive, Escondido, next to the Welk Resort. Heated pool and much more.
For more San Diego mobile/manufactured homes, please see the San Diego listings page.
This area which includes Hemet and Beaumont has many mobile home
parks. Contact a local mobile home Realtor for many listings.
- Mountain Springs in Banning - Laid-back rural area with nearby conveniences 25 miles to Palm Springs. Site rent starts $600's. Pool, tennis courts, RV storage, social activities, pond and more.
3800 West Wilson #236, Banning - 877-829-9609
Los Angeles Area:
By Lake Park Communities in Los Angeles, Orange and Riverside Counties:
- Lake Park Brea - La Brea - Amenities include lake, pool, greenbelts. 625 N. Puente Street - 562-694-6484
- Lake Park Santa Ana North - Santa Ana - 1510 E. Fairhaven Ave.
- Lake Park La Habra - La Habra - 500 S. Palm
- Lake Park La Mirada - La Mirada - 13990 E. Imperial Hwy.
- Lake Park Yorba Linda - Yorba Linda - 3700 Rose Drive
- Lake Park Placentia - Placentia - 255 E. Orangethorpe Ave.
- Soboba Springs - San Jacinto - 2230 Lake Park Drive
By Carefree Communities (All previous Vedder Communities are now owned by Carefree Communities.)
- Rancho Cucamonga in San Bernardino Mountains: Alta Laguna community
- La Habra: Friendly Village La Habra
- Modesto: Friendly Village Modesto - social activities and amenities
- Simi Valley: Friendly Village Simi
- Temecula: Heritage - country ambience; pool; golf in area; mountain views - Ph: 951-676-5113 - 31130 S. General Kearny Road
- Ventura: Lemon Wood - award winning community among lakes and streams; putting course, pool, gated. 850 Johnson Drive, Ventura - Ph: 951-676-5113
- San Pedro: Palos Verdes Shores - Award-winning community - 2275 W. 25th Street, San Pedro
- San Juan Capistrano: Rancho Alipaz
- Cathedral City: Royal Palms among many palm trees and San Jacinto mountains.
- Thousand Oaks area in Newbury Park: Vallecito
- Victorville: Victor Villa
We have 8 pages of Florida Mobile Home Retirement Communities. We suggest the following to narrow your search:
1) Narrow to 2 or 3 counties
2) then choose 2 or 3 communities from those counties
3) Choose 2 or 3 homes from each community.
This search process should make it easier to find your home.
Continue to Florida pages:
Go to Page 1 - Counties: Broward | Brevard |Charlotte
Page 2 - Counties: Citrus | Collier | Columbia | Escambia | Flager | Hernando | Highlands Hillsborough | Indian | River
Page 3 - Lake County
Page 4 - Lee County
Page 5 - Pinellas County
Page 6 - Polk County
Page 7 - Pasco
Page 8 - Manatee | Marion | Martin | Okaloosa | Okeechobee | Orange | Osceola | Putnam | Santa Rosa | Saint Lucie | Sarasota | Volusia
Also see Manufactured Homes in Florida
- The Yacht Club - Rogers - In Ozark Mountains
Tropicana Palms - Las Vegas - By Cal-Am - Pool, fitness, sauna, social activities, tennis, RV and boat storage; close to Lake Mead for water sports or enjoy the night life on the Las Vegas strip. 6420 East Tropicana Avenue - Ph: 702.456.5823
Three Crowns - Las Vegas - Inexpensive resales listed on site. Pool, community center, RV/boat storage, social activities; gated (verify).
867 N. Lamb Boulevard - Ph: 702.949-2887
Oregon Mobile Homes -
- Briarwood in Eugene Oregon - By HCA Mgmt. - area has a lot for the outdoorsman - spacious lawns
- Greenway in Dallas Oregon by HCA Mgmt. one hour from Portland - rural feeling but with nearby dining, shopping, golf and local wineries.
- Eldorado Villas - Tigard, suburb of Portland - lots to do in nearby Portland - dining, nightlife; pool, RV storage, walking paths, recreation. 17055 S.W. Eldorado Drive - Phone: 503.639.8411
Washington State -
See our Review of the Puget Sound Area
Bow Lake pond - photos by Bow Lake - Sean Hoyt
Bow Lake 55 Plus Residential Community - in
Seatac - Found - a nice mobile home community a few minutes to the Light
Rail to Seattle for shopping, dining and entertainment. The community
has a Community Center, pool/spa, fitness, woodshop and so many other
amenities you'll enjoy in retirement. This gated over 55 community is a gem as seen by the loving care of the homes by residents and management.
- The River - By HCA Management in Auburn - nearby Seattle - 2 lakes on property.
- Golden Rose - Puyallup, one of the best locations in the state - enjoy walks along the river trail - community center with recreational and social opportunities - the Puyallup River is known for salmon runs and steelhead - close to Seattle for more fun and approx. 30 miles to Seatac Airport.
6220 107th Avenue East - Phone: 253.845.4466
- Mountain Villa Estates - Enumclaw - 184 homes in foothills of Cascade Mountains. Clubhouse. RV storage area. Area has amenities.
1099 Mountain Villa Dr. - 360-825-3733
See Manufactured homes in Washington State for more.
New Hampshire -
- Tara Estates Retirement Village -
Rochester NH - Seacoast area. Affordable senior manufactured and mobile
home community on 267 acres with fishing, golf, shopping and medical
nearby. Located on Salmon Falls River in wooded setting. Recently
purchased by new owner. Sales Office: 603-332-4030 ext 11 - for more
Most Popular on this page:
|Brentwood West-Mesa, Az
|Reserve at Fox Creek - Arizona
Want to know more about RV park models, mobiles and Arizona, read the article here. Park models make a great snowbirds getaway.