New York Retirement Communities for 55+
New York retirement communities are located in the beautiful areas of the Hudson Valley and upstate New York. We have a separate page for Long Island 55+.
- Cold Spring
- Montebello (near Suffern)
- The Retreat at Carmel Putnam County - By Del Webb - one hour to NYC - 10 minutes to Westchester - quaint natural area - Price: $$-$$$ - New condominium designs now starting from $289,990 - also luxury town homes and villas. By Pulte - enjoy a resort ambience with golf, tennis, clubhouse. 11 Dickenson Place, Carmel - 888-314-1375; Open 10-6 Daily
- Glassbury Court - Sold - at Coldspring - Hudson Valley gated community on banks of Hudson River By Wilder Balter Partners. 80 semi-detached townhomes in Putnam County - a green community. Started very low $500's. 3370 Albany Post Rd. (Rte 9), Cold Spring
- Ryan Mansion Vistas - Sold - at Montebello Ramapo - in the Village of Montebello - 20 luxury carriage homes with one level living and low maintenance. Started $600,000's. All homes are 2,800 square feet, 2 bedrooms, 3 baths, great room, gourmet kitchen, 2-car garage and more. Mountain views. Walking paths through beautiful community. Commute to NYC via NJ Transit at Suffern train station.
75 Montebello Rd., Montebello
- Barrett Hill Homes Southeast New York - Brewster NY in Putnam County - by Wilder Balter - Contact: 845-278-7100
- Glassbury Court at Hunterbrook Sold out (verify) By award-winning firm Wilder Balter Partners. This community is the firm's first "green building" community with Energy Star certified homes. 64 luxury carriage-style homes available in two floorplans with 2-car garages. Luxury amenities including clubhouse and Great Room with fireplace. 2301 Catherine St., Yorktown
Dutchess County (Hudson Valley)
- Regency at Wappinger - Wappinger Falls (Fishkill) - Active adult low maintenenace townhomes and singles by Toll Bros. - Priced from mid-$300's. 60 Merritt Blvd., Fishkill - 845-447-1800
Orange County (Hudson Valley)
- Kensington Station at Woodbury Junction in Central Valley in the Hudson Valley area - adjacent community is for all ages called Palisades Ridge. Less than one hour to NYC close to commute lines. Gated beautiful traditional homes with colonial touches. Park surround. 180 Dunderberg Rd. - 800-697-0028 - Open Daily
- Warwick Grove (The Edenville) - Warwick NY - Condos - 55 miles NYC - Hudson River Valley from $400's classic homes - community center and pool, fitness. Traditional village design.
6 Hudson St., Warwick - Contact: 845-988-5274; Open: Call
- Wildflowers at Wallkill - 2 bedroom, 3 bath single homes start mid- $200's. Pools, clubhouse, recreation, putting green and more.
28 Aster Way, Middletown - 888-710-6422 - Closed Thurs/Fri
Saratoga Springs - Mineral spas, fresh air, the Adirondacks and scenic beauty. Also a college town with nearby Skidmore College.
Independent Living Community--Upstate New York
- Prestwick Chase Retirement Community Saratoga Springs - One of my favorite retirement areas - lifelong learning and fitness programs - activities calendar - suites, apartments and cottages for rent. Year leases. Some meals and housekeeping included in rent (verify). No buy-in fees. Many outstanding amenities.
Denton Rd., Saratoga Springs - Contact: 800-298-5661 - Daily Tours
For more Westchester County, see our category Luxury RC
Tompkins County - Upstate NY
Waterfall is on the Cornell University campus in Ithaca, NY
Ithaca - Home to Cornell University in the southern Finger Lakes area - See our Ithaca Review
Ithaca was rated #7 on the recent list of Best Small Cities for Successful Aging by the Milken Institute.
55+ Apartments in Ithaca:
- Conifer Village at Ithaca - Views of Cayuga Lake and near downtown - 1 and 2-bedroom market rate units for 55+ (start in $600's) - W/D hookups - Built 2008.
200 Conifer Dr., Ithaca - 607-277-6320
- New Conifer Village at Cayuga Meadows - Affordable senior housing for 55+ - Views of Cornell University and hills of Ithaca.
59 1-bedrooms $779 (verify as rent rates can change without notice.) 9 2-bedrooms $929 (verify rental rates). Smoke-free, community garden, fitness. Income limits apply. Single persons: Less than $30,840/yr; Couples: maximum $35,280/yr (verify as income limits change).
108 Aster Lane, Ithaca - 607-216-9808 - Call since no leasing on site.
- Ellis Hollow Apartments - Controlled access, laundry room, walk to shopping plaza - Small 1-bedrooms - include utilities. Laundry centers.
1028 Ellis Hollow Rd., Ithaca - 607-273-3020 weekdays
- 210 Hancock - Ithaca - Not age-qualified but has accessible apartments and homes for sale. New development with parking and bike path. 2 miles to Cornell and walk to stores and farmers market.
Rentals for 62+ based on income:
- Juniper Manor I and II - Trumansburg Village - Income restricted senior apartments for 62+ or handicapped - Pay 30% of income if qualify. 60 apartments with public transportation
- Newfield Garden Apartments - Ithaca - Income-qualified for 62+ - transportation comes to door. 28 1-bedroom apartments.
See Ithaca Housing
Continuing Care Retirement Community in Ithaca
- Kendal at Ithaca - Life care community in the Quaker tradition - Amenities include 1 meal/day for Independent residents; housekeeping/linen services; community activities; pool; winemaking services; woodworking shop; garden plots; tennis courts and more.
2230 Triphammer Rd., Ithaca - 607-266-5300 Ext 201
See our Review of Ithaca for Retirement
Return to Northeast over 55 communities