In the Northwest
Retirement communities in the Northwest are primarily in Washington State and Oregon. This page also includes Idaho and Montana, states that have less population and cleaner air.
View Larger Map
Washington State Retirement Communities
Retirement communities in Washington state are mostly in the western part of the state near Seattle/Puget Sound to the Coast and the northern part near the Cascade Mountains.
Go here for retirement communities in Washington State.
This idyllic state for retirement has beautiful scenery and is one of the less populated states. Ashland and Portland are top cities for retirement. While the Coastal area can be rainy, the inland areas, such as Bend, another popular choice, are sunny and dry.
Beautiful Oregon coastline (photo by Gillespie)
Portland, Oregon Retirement Communities:
This is an urban walkable city. See more about Portland in our Expert Interview.
- Mirabella Portland Pacific Retirement Services affiliated - Upscale Continuing care community - there is one also in Seattle - beautiful high rise building in downtown South Waterfront area with all healthcare services and focus on wellness - streetcar near entry to building for all downtown amenities.
3550 SW Bond Ave., Portland - 503-245-4742
- Touchmark in the West Hills - Rental cottages, garden homes and apartments with view of the West Hills. Also, licensed care is located in Building 2. The 14-acre site includes vineyards and winery. Walking trails and lakes. Clubhouse, pool and fitness. 3 miles to downtown Portland. Fee includes meals, etc. (verify).
Barnes and Leahy Roads, Portland - 503-389-5320
Eugene Oregon Retirement Community
- Terpening Terrace in Eugene Apartment homes for independent living - month to month leases. Many amenities and services.
50 Ruby Ave., Eugene - 541-689-0619
Medford and Ashland
- Fountain Plaza - An Omega community in Medford - studio, 1 and 2 bedroom apartment homes with services. Also personal services plan. 1441 Morrow Rd., Medford - 541-772-6005
Horton Plaza - in foothills of Medford. - Omega community.
1122 Spring St., Medford - 541-770-1122
- Twin Creeks Central Point in Southern Oregon near Medford. 120 studio, 1 and 2 bedroom senior apartment homes and many amenities and activities.
888 Twin Creeks Crossing, Central Point - 541-664-8880
- The Springs at Anna Maria - Medford - 10 miles from Ashland -
An Omega community. Near natural beauty of Siskiyou Mountains. Luxury
apartment homes with services.
822 Golf View Dr., Medford - 541-326-0065
- Mountain Meadows - Award winning over 55 community in Ashland, small town and home to Oregon Shakespeare Festival and Southern Oregon University. Temperate 4-season climate. Variety of home styles and prices. Craftsman architectual style. Full ownership of homes and longer-term rentals available to "try-out" your retirement.
857 Mountain Meadows Dr., Ashland - 800-337-1301
Central Oregon Retirement Communities-Bend, Oregon
- The Falls at Eagle Crest Resort - Located minutes from Bend and
Redmond. Single family homes. Championship golf, miles of scenic
walking, unlimited recreational activities in area. Lots and homes. Also fractional ownership at resort. See local Realtors for resales.
541-548-9300 (office hours)
- Touchmark at Mt. Bachelor Village - Bend - On 25 acres. Near ski resort and golf clubs. Central Oregon is not rainy like the coast. 4-season climate and sunny days that are great for golfers. Assisted services also available.
19800 SW Touchmark Way, Bend - 541-316-8445
Go to separate page for Idaho over 55 communities.
Also: See our article on Idaho Retirement
- Touchmark on Saddle Drive - Helena - This also has assisted living and other care services. Apartments and cottages. Wellness program. Monthly rental fee includes meals and other amenities for independent living.
915 Saddle Dr., Helena - 406-204-3773