Arlington Senior Subsidized Apartments..in Arlington County
Arlington Senior subsidized apartments in Northern Virginia in Arlington County offer Arlington's seniors many opportunities for great senior living.
Map of Senior Complexes in Arlington:
Arlington is a walkable city with good transportation and many restaurants. Below is a map to all the Arlington Senior subsidized apartment complexes. Some are for 55+ and some for 62+. Some include assisted living. Click on the blue markers for addresses and descriptions.
View Low Income senior properties in Arlington County, VA. in a larger map
Here is a list of the complexes. Be sure to check in with them early as many have wait lists. You can tour them in the order given:
Arlington Subsidized Senior Apartment Communities
- Claridge House - 300 one-bedroom units nearby Pentagon and Crystal City - also close to Costco and a 7 Eleven convenience store is attached. Large multi-storied building with social activities amenities. Some residents qualify for evening meal and home care. 1500 So Fern St. - 703-521-9100
- Culpepper Garden - Arlington - 273 apartments with social activities and dining room - gardening beds - close to Glebe Rd. and shopping - shuttle (verify) - 4435 N Pershing Dr - 703-528-0162
- Lockwood House - 600 No Madison St - 99 units - Call 703-538-6000
- Elmwood House - 550 No Madison St - walk to Upton Park - 703-538-6000
- Woodland Hills 610 Carlin Springs Rd - 235 apts - Call 703-931-5700
- Lenox Club 401 S 12th st - Call 703-418-0130
Affordable rental apartments:
The Carlin - 4300 N Carlin Springs Rd Arlington - 162 units for active seniors 55 and better. Personal services optional. 703-243-4300
All have income limits to qualify. You may call the apartment community directly for more information, rates, and appointments to visit. They usually have the paperwork to apply or to get on the waiting list. Or you may drive by and visit.
Arlington County is the hub of Northern Virginia. It is located across the Potomac River from DC. It is high density apartments.
Also for Low to Moderate Subsidized Communities for Elderly with assisted help programs:
- Arlington Manor - 2619 no 10th st Call 703-525-1470
- Oak Springs - 2000 So 5th st Call 703-685-0606
- Sunrise of Arlington - 2000 No Glebe rd Call 703-524-5300
- Sunrise at Bluemont Park - 5900 Wilson Blvd 40-50 asst living units and 125 independent units Call 703-536-1070
Visiting Relatives: When choosing from assisted living communities, it may be advisable to choose a community close to family or friends so that it is convenient for them to visit.
Continuing Care Community:
The Jefferson - By Sunrise Senior Living - 900 no Taylor St. - 703-516-9455
For more information on other programs you can go to Arlington's website.
Arlington County Guide
See the Arlington County 55+ Guide.
Return to Senior Low Income Housing for other Virginia low income Housing
Also see Virginia Retirement Communities