Manufactured Homes Communities
For Over Age 55
costing less and with
improvements in style
Manufactured homes communities for over 55 generally cost less than site-built homes. Many visitors ask what to do for an inexpensive option for a retirement home purchase, and I suggest they consider these easy-on-the-budget types of communities which include manufactured, mobile and RV.
RV park models are now being called "tiny homes," since they are less than 400 square feet, and, if put onto a leased lot, can be even more affordable as a retirement home. See the RV categories on this site.
Manufactured homes communities for 55+ in the Northeast U.S.
| New Hampshire
| New Jersey
| New York
Connecticut Over 55 Manufactured Homes Communities
55+ Landlease communities previously listed by Jensen:
- Hillcrest - Uncasville. Wooded country setting. Short drive to Mystic Seaport and beaches. Land-lease.
- Three Gardens - Cedar Springs
- Forest Hills - Southington
- Oak Grove - Plainville - nearby Hartford
- Lakeside - Terryville - West of Hartford
- Lakeview - Danbury - Prestigious Fairfield County
- Rolling Hills - Storrs - home of Univ. of Connecticut.
- New England Village - Shoreline Communities of Beechwood, Marina Cove, Grove Beach, Yankee Village
- Some of these previous Jensen communities in Connecticut can now be found on the Sun Communities website Connecticut page.
- Barclay Farms Camden - Award-winning community close to Dover. Clubhouse, pools, from low $100's. 1 Paynter's Way, Camden - 302-455-2574 (sales).
- Bon Ayre Homes - Kent County, Smyrna - starting $80,000's. Small town living with city conveniences. Close to beaches. Community room with Fitness, recreation and activities. Land-lease - 700 Saks St. - 302-659-5800
- Wild Meadows - Dover - Price $ - Community size-Medium - Clubhouse, pool, activities. Prices under $100,000. Landlease community.
- Southern Meadow - Magnolia, De - Price-$ - single-family 2 or 3 bedroom homes with 2-car garage. Clubhouse, pool, activities, walking trails. 9 foot ceilings. Land lease 10 minutes to Dover. 104 Bluebell Dr. - 302-677-0800 - Closed Monday and Wednesday
- Villages of Noble's Pond - Dover - Modular home community - Price-$ - Resort style clubhouse, pool, miles of walking trails, Conservatory/library and much more. Low homeowners fees. 13 Nobles Pond Crossing - 888-222-0030 - Open Daily
Photo by Hillcrest Manufactured Homes Retirement Community.
Hillcrest Retirement Community - new and resale manufactured homes in the Greater Portland area - 175 leased lots - Family-owned 55+ community with State Manufactured Homes. Amenities include social activities, recreation center, private bus for excursions, weekly grocery shopping trips and much more. 126 U.S. Route 1, Scarborough - 207-883-2512 - Open 6 days
Woodland Estates ranch style manufactured homes
- Woodland Estates - Fitchburg - New Champion or Skyline double wide ranch homes being built now in land-lease community of 54 homes. Existing community being expanded. There is an information center open on Wednesday and Thursday or call for private tour. Country location near medical, shopping and recreation. Custom homes start upper $100's.
1341 Rindge Rd., Fitchburg, Ma. - 978-582-4339
- Oak Point - Middleborough 40 miles south of Boston and 15 miles to the shoreline. Homes on quarter acre lot parcels (verify size). There are new and resales. Large resort lifestyle community on 1000 woodland acres with many activities and amenities. Energy star rated. 5707 Green St. - 508-593-4353 (Sales)
- Millers Woods and River Bend - Athol - North Central - adjacent to Cass Meadows for walking trails - clubhouse, indoor pool and spa, recreation, social activities, near lakes for fishing. Country ambience. Resales. 739 Daniel Shays Hwy - 978-249-5331
- Leisure Woods - Rockland - off south shore and near Boston - Gated entry, courtesy van, clubhouse, pool and more.
31 Leisurewoods, Rockland - 781-201-0156
- Live Oak Village - Rockland - wetlands preservation area with just 20 upscale homes for nature lovers. 680 Union St. - 781-871-5633
- Leisurewoods - Taunton - historic town near Cape Cod - gated in wooded setting - clubhouse and activities - walking trails at Gertrude Boyden Wildlife Refuge - 50 Highland St. - 508-824-2244
- Tara Estates - Rochester, NH - Seacoast regions. Beautiful and affordable on 260 acres and Salmon Falls River. Fishing, skiing in area, lakes, ocean, mountains, restaurants and shopping, medical facilties nearby. Clubhouse and acres of woodlands. 53 Eagle Dr. - Ph: 603-332-4030.
- Brook Ridge - in Hookseth - Homes of Distinction Award from MHI - single family ranch homes with 2-car garage start at $190,000. 3-acre pond and walking trails. Shop in nearby Concord or Manchester. 3 Mailhouse Rd.
- Brighton at Barnegat - Barnegat - Southern Ocean county - Large sodded lots, country-club style with clubhouse, nature paths, pool, stocked fishing lakes. By Providence of Hometown America. 20 Casey Court
- The Oaks of Weymouth - Mays Landing - Start $100's - Wooded pinelands. Clubhouse. 18 miles to Atlantic City. Near Shore beaches. 12 Redwood Lane - 609-625-6257
- Fairways at Mays Landing - By Hometown America - Clubhouse, indoor/outdoor pool, golf club - near Jersey Shore, beach resorts and Atlantic City. 92 Hazeltine Ave., Mays Landing - 609-677-9070
- Mullica Wood - Egg Harbor - 18 miles to Atlantic City and 50 miles to Philadelphia and 1 1/2 hours to NYC. Wooded setting away from traffic. Pool, sundeck - By Hometown America. 1201 Heidelberg - Open Tues. and Thurs. - 609-965-0111
- Deep Run - Cream Ridge, NJ - Beaches less than an hour away. Clubhouse, fishing lake. Land-lease. Previously a Jensen community.
- Shenandoah Village - Sicklerville - By Hometown America - 30 minutes south of Philadelphia - Clubhouse, lagoon-shaped pool, resort amenities. 99 Skyline Dr. - 856-627-6363
- Cherrywood New Hartford - Central New York near Utica College - 300 homes on 110 acres planned - 2-3-BR/2Ba homes from 1100-1500SF - Some with front porches, rear deck and oversized garage - land lease. 1 Cherrywood Circle, Clinton, NY
Long island, ny
- Glenwood Village Riverhead NY on eastern end of Long Island. Also by Stark Homes is Glenwood Oaks, a newer community.
- Calverton Meadows on Long Island, Suffolk County - near the ocean amenities of the Hamptons but without the large price tag. Clubhouse, recreation. Many area golf courses. 703 Fresh Pond Dr.
See the Review of Glenwood Village and Glenwood Oaks on Long Island, NY
See all Long Island manufactured homes communities.
- Lockwood Congress Easton Pa. by Milford Land Co. Resales only. The homes feature the most modern features of manufactured homes. Small community. Awarded Homes of Distinction by MHI.
- Cloverleaf Estates West In Carnegie
- Crossroads Village In Mt. Pleasant
- Village of Clover Ridge In Murrysville
- Clover Commons Pittsburgh
- Country Manor Shippensburg - www.cmacommunity.com - From $109,000. Gated community with lake and nature trails. Clubhouse. On 70 acres.
- Douglass Village Berks County - Douglassville - Buyer owns home. 610-323-4583
- Village Scene Manufactured and RV Park - Hatfield - Small park 30 miles north of Philadelphia. New, resale and rental manufactured homes in all price ranges. Lot rental price is $400's/mo. (verify as this can change.) Also, there is an RV park. Montgomery County.
2151 Koffel Rd., Hatfield - 215-362-6030
- Creek View - Carlisle - new and resale single ranch homes on leased lots - Priced in $100's. Amenities include clubhouse and RV storage area. 127 Glenridge Ave. - 717-713-5185
- Maple Run - Clio - 2000 Maple Run Boulevard - Ph: 810-564-1599
- Cranberry Lake - White Lake - on Cranberry Lake for fishing and swimming. Playground for grandchildren, nearby shopping. 9620 Highland Rd., White Lake, Mich.
- Princeton Crossing - West Chester - Developer is Holiday Parks
Ltd. - Greater Cincinnati and No. Kentucky area. Majority of
residents are 50+. Average price range $50,000. Port Union Railto Rd.
off I275 loop.
- Golden Gate Estates - Fremont - Shopping and restaurants nearby. 419-334-2648
- Northland Senior Community - Bryan - 419-630-0684
- Royal Hills Village - Milford - Carports only - Clubhouse, RV Storage. 513-831-3636
- Sands Retirement Community - Madison - Lake County - RV Storage, Controlled gate. 440-428-7016
- Park Hills Crossing - Premier community with clubhouse in
Fairborn. "Landlease Community of Year"
in 2005 (Midwest) by MHI - new homes from mid-$80's to $120's. 301 Red Oak Dr., Fairborn
- Golf Vista Estates Monee, Ill. Award-winning community.
- Willow Lake Estates - Elgin - Equity Lifestyle Properties
on historic Fox River for boating and fishing. Fitness Center, View of
23-acre Willow Lake.
- Saddle brook Farms - Central Lake County - 1 hour to Chicago. Upscale, country-like setting on 700 acres. Bocce ball courts, fish-stocked lakes, and more. Close to shopping. County park with pool nearby. 1 Saddlebrook Dr., Grayslake
- Maple Valley - Manteno (south of Chicago near Lake Michigan) - Award-winning community by Hometown America and near Chicago Loop - good commute location with Metro nearby. Many local activities including the Manteno Golf Club, Kankakee River State Park and the Manteno farmer's market. Clubhouse, recreation and activities. 1 Silver Circle, Manteno - 815-468-3190
- Grand Lakeview 55+ Living - Des Moines - Two locations: Lakeview and Grand Homes - privately owned for 34 years - Lakeview is 12 miles east of Des Moines featuring bass fishing and scenic views. Wild life and green space. Grand Homes community offers purchase of pre-owned homes, rentals (check for availability) and also RV sites, Spring through Fall. 2368 W. 148th St. S, Mitchellville, Iowa - Lakeview and Grand Homes Manufactured Homes Retirement Community for over 55
- Rainbow Lake Manor - Bristol. Country setting. Private stocked spring-fed lake. Recreational center with activities. Between Milwaukee and Chicago. Mature trees.
- Albuquerque Meadows Albuquerque - Land-leased new and resale homes. Activities.
Pool, hot tub, exercise equipment. 7112 Pan American Fwy, NE Albuquerque
- Sunrise Bluffs - In Belen - 30 min south of Albuquerque.
Gated with views of mountain ranges. Clubhouse, pools, fitness, RV
- Amber Skies - Alamogordo - Clubhouse, pool, spa. - RV docks allowed next to lot - landleased - no assoc dues
- Las Vegas Meadows - West of the strip. Guard-gated. New starting in $80's - resort-style by Thesman. See their virtual tour. Home rentals from $895's and resales from $30,000's. 2900 S. Valley View Blvd.
- Mountain View Community Henderson - Award-winning community by Hometown America.
- Silverada Estates - Reno - Views of Sierra Nevada and 5 minutes to downtown Reno. Near Reno-Tahoe Airport and Univ. of Nevada at Reno. 45 minutes to Lake Tahoe. Clubhouse, indoor seasonal pool, recreation, and more. For sale or rent. Call for list.
2301 Oddie Blvd., Reno - 775-358-8100
- Dove Canyon - San Antonio - Active senior community with clubhouse, pool, golf memberships, tennis and more. Single-family homes with views.
- El Valle del Sol - Mission - RV resort - 2500 East Business Highway -
Homes for purchase or RV short term stays. Perfect for snowbirds or permanent. Amenities include pool and recreation. 956-391-1356
See 55+ manufactured homes communities in Arizona
Also see: Arizona RV Parks for 55+
Southeast Manufactured Homes Communities
| North Carolina
| South Carolina
The Grove - at Foley near Mobile. Six miles to Gulf. Affordable leasehold estates. New homes start in $90's. New homes - Resale homes also available. 8648 County Rd. 65, Foley
Crestview Lakes Villa - 4 fishing lakes on acreage - 1000 trees on property - place your new home on a lot - no rentals - 75% of residents over 55 - park-like settings
870 Sharon Dr., Florence, KY - 859-371-4320
Not many in Maryland.
- Hyde Park - Easton on the Eastern Shore by Jensen land-lease
- Pool, clubhouse - country ambience and near Hog Neck Park for golf -
Close driving distance to Ocean City, Annapolis and DC.
- Coastal Estates - Near historic
Wilmington, home to Univ. of North Carolina, in Hampstead 30 minutes to
Wilmington Airport. Clubhouse and pool. Mid $80's to $150's.
- Country Lakes Little River - minutes to Grand Strand. (Previously by Jensen.)
- Ocean Pines/Magnolia Grove Garden City Beach close to
Myrtle Beach. Land Lease. Clubhouse, pool. See our
on-site review of this community.
- Southern Palms Close to Charleston - Floor
plans include capes. Landlease Community of Year 2002.
- Wymberly - in Martinez. Close to shopping and medical. Nearby
Augusta. 3-par golfcourse. Clubhouse, pool, fishponds. (Previously by Jensen.)
See on separate pages:
Northwest Over 55 Manufactured Homes Communities
Idaho Over 55 Manufactured Homes Communities
- Golden Spike Estates - Rathdrum - Coeur d Alene area. Award-winning land- lease community. Clubhouse, pool, RV storage - Several floor plans - 8580 W. Yosemite St.
- Eldorado Villas Tigard, Suburb of Portland. Secluded setting for a tranquil lifestyle. Heated pool, fitness. Affordable price for quality living. Close to shopping and entertainment.
- Royal Villas Beautiful grounds, pool with luxury cabanas, community center. South of King City. Minutes away from golfcourses.
- Lakeway Mobile Home Estates - Bellingham - One of the pleasantest
manufactured parks in Washington state due to its location one mile to
ocean and 20 miles to Canadian border and 80 miles north of Seattle.
On-site management. By Follett.
See separate page for more Washington State
Guide to Manufactured Homes
Two Basic Types of Communities
In some manufactured homes communities for over age 55 a person buys the home and leases the land from a private owner or corporation. This is called a land-lease community.
Resident-Owned (When you own the lot)
In others, one purchases the lot and home as a package. One owns both the land and the home. There are other sub types such as a resident-owned cooperative.
The two main advantages of a manufactured home over a site-built home are:
Difference in cost to build
Building time is faster for a manufactured home which lowers the cost.
Manufactured or Mobile
There is some confusion on whether to call them manufactured, mobile or modular. There are also RV Park Models also called "tiny homes."
- Manufactured or Mobile homes: Determine what to call them by the date the home was built in the factory. Older homes are mobiles and those built after June 15, 1976 are called manufactured.
Most communities are a combination of the two types except newer communities that have all new models would be all manufactured.
Older communities may be all mobile or a combination. This is because newer homes in mobile communities gradually replace older ones.
This usually occurs when a new buyer comes in to the community. They may like the lot and buy or lease it, but they replace the older mobile with a new manufactured home.
- Modular Homes: Modular homes are built on a foundation and treated as site-built homes. They are generally less expensive than site-built but cost more than manufactured.
To find all of these 55+ manufactured communities on our site, explore the mobile homes 55+ page (usually older communities with more mobiles) as well as this one since many communities are a combination of mobile and manufactured.
This page you are on now has mostly 55+ manufactured homes in them (verify with owner or manager of the community). Most are land-leased unless specified resident-owned but please verify all information.
RV Park Model
RV Park Model: There is another category that is becoming very popular with retirees and anyone over 55. This is the park model home. It is a manufactured home but it is registered with the motor vehicles department. They are up to 400 square feet in size. You can often rent them in a community as vacation homes or year-round. See this review of a land-leased "tiny home" community.
Tiny Homes: Park model homes are manufactured homes under 400SF, great for 1 or 2 persons, and so are coined the popular term "tiny homes."
There are 55+ park model communities with outstanding amenities. See Arizona RV and Florida RV in the top RVing states.
- Be sure to see the RV Park article for a discussion with an expert about these unique communities. They can be for snowbirds or permanent year round living. Tip: If for year-round living, make sure they are built for all seasons.
RV park models are now being called "tiny homes," since they are less than 400 square feet, and, if put onto a leased lot, can be even more affordable as a retirement home or second vacation or snowbird home. See the RV categories on this site. Also see the review of a park model community in Palm Springs, Ca.
You might like these
Find Pennsylvania retirement communities for over 55.
Our review and photos of 55 community Home Towne Square in Ephrata in Lancaster County, Pennyslvania by Landmark Homes.
Summit Homes-pa- a review of The Preserves at Cumberland Village active adult community.
Best Guide Home