Retirement Communities in
To find retirement communities at
Virginia Beach you will want to travel on the main road, Atlantic
Avenue, to get a feel for the area. It runs next to the ocean for
miles. Its wide beaches are a major focus in the area.
There is a lot of building construction of new homes
and remodeling. It will seem congested. While the directional signs in
Virginia Beach are good, you will need a map at hand if you want to get
around the area easily and with less stress.
Outstanding view from the oceanfront room at the Wyndham Hotel.
Large and small hotels are located along the booming Atlantic Avenue among the homes and construction projects. We stayed at The Wyndham located on the sand, the Atlantic Ocean nearly at our door.
It's a great place to be inspired by nature at the confluence of the Chesapeake Bay and the Atlantic Ocean.
The famous Edgar Cayce compound on Atlantic Avenue was very interesting. The massage services are some of the best and the library is full of books about healthy
eating and living.
The main cities in the area are:
- Virginia Beach,
- Newport News,
- and Hampton.
Beach is bordered with military bases with occasional noise from the
West Neck communities (Sold out - See local Realtors):
- West Neck - Virginia Beach - Features Arnold Palmer golf course and Clubhouse for fine dining. Bike and walking trails. Near beaches, shopping and Williamsburg's Busch Gardens. Outer Banks, NC, is only one and one-half hour away.
- See over 55 communities listed below at West Neck: The Grove at West neck Virginia Beach - Chesapeake Homes - 3 bedroom, 2 bath spacious singles started from $400's near West Neck Golf Course by Chesapeake homes - sold out.
- Rosecrest at West Neck - 2912 Elegance Lane, Virginia Beach - By Chesapeake Homes - 2 and 3 bedroom cottage-style homes started from $300's. 3057 Cadence Way, Virginia Beach
- Atlantic Shores -
Virginia Beach - Hampton Roads area - Villa and apartment homes for
purchase. Villas have gas fireplaces and 2-car garage. Verify. Phase III
adding more homes.
Monthly fee includes services such as housekeeping, utilities and more.
On-site dining. So many extra amenities such as indoor pool and
woodworking shop etc.
Harbourway, a separate 53-unit assisted living building, also including a memory care unit, is now available.
Phone: 757-716-2000 - 1200 Atlantic Shores Dr., Va Beach - Call for tour.
Lifecare Community in Virginia Beach
- Westminster Canterbury at Chesapeake Bay - High-rise apartments on Chesapeake Bay - Requires deposit and monthly fee - Services include independent living, assisted living, memory care, at home care, at home health care, skilled nursing, rehab and hospice. Call them for more information and to tour. 800-753-2918
- The Retreat at Greenbriar - Sold - By Weldenfield - large upscale 3-bedroom single family homes, 2 BR/2BA quadriplexes and 2 and 3 BR townhomes - clubhouse by the lake, pool pavilion, garden plots, stocked fishing lakes and more. Social activities. Near mall. Sold - See local Realtors
1503 Carrolton Way, Chesapeake VA
- Eagle Pointe at Cahoon Plantation - Priced from $260's - Cahoon Plantation golf course is around the community - 3 bedroom collections - Cedar Rd. between No Battlefield and Dominion Blvd. Across from Tidewater Community College. Open Daily - Nearing close-out.
- The Retreat at Bennett's Creek - Northern Suffolk with access to Chesapeake Bay. From $400's. By WeldenField & Rowe, Developers. 5700 Lees Farm Rd., Suffolk
- The Seasons on Lake Meade - Suffolk - 150 Murphy's Mill Rd. - nature trails, garden plots and more.
- Church Square - Smithfield - Gated duplexes, quads and townhomes by Atlantic Homes were from the $260's. Jane, Abbitt Realty, at 757-593-4433.