55+ Manufactured Homes California - Ideal for retirement and an active senior lifestyle
55+ manufactured homes in California can give you both an affordable and active retirement. I
consider California an ideal retirement state for climate, ease of
finding fresh food and year-round outdoor activities. These manufactured active adult communities are so tempting because you can find resale homes for much less than $100,000 in ocean, desert or lake locales. They can be for vacations, snow-birding or permanent.
Content On This Page
Southern CaliforniaNorthern CaliforniaMost Popular on this page
Palm Springs Area
| San Diego
| Inland Areas
Riverside County is known for some very wealthy retirement areas, but in reality there are also many very affordable areas, much more so than what you find today in the metro areas of California.
The Affordable Desert Areas of California
The desert areas have luxury homes in Palm Springs, Rancho Mirage and other towns, but you will also find more moderately priced communities there too. There are still real bargains to be found in manufactured homes communities of all kinds.
It's unique to still be able to find this type of area in California where there is abundant opportunity in housing at a variety of economic levels.
Palm Springs Area and the desert communities (Riverside County):
Go to separate page for all Palm Springs 55+ manufactured homes communities. Also, read the review of Caliente Springs manufactured homes and RV park.
The small and growing towns of Banning, Hemet and Sun City are an easy drive for visiting Palm Springs (approx. 30 miles). They are in the country and stay green all year. These are in an area considered affordable.
Banning (16 miles from Hemet)
- Banning Estates - Manufactured homes - Clubhouse, pool and more. Starting under $100,000 - See local Realtors - 3800 W Wilson St. - 849-8565
- Linda Vista MHP - Gated, clubhouse, pool, RV storage - New and newer resale manufactured homes. Mountain views.
5700 W. Wilson St., Banning
- Mountain Air Mobile Home Estates - manufactured homes on leased lots with amenities - 4133 W. Wilson St.
- Mountain Springs Estates - 25 miles to Palm Springs - views - new and resale manufactured homes on leased lots. Amenities include stream and pond, pool, social activities, tennis, double car garages, and lawn areas. 3800 W. Wilson
Hemet - approx. 30 miles to Palm Springs
- Colonial Country Club Hemet - Gated community with golf, pool and more. Some inexpensive resales listed on their site. Desert scenery. 601 N. Kirby Street Ph: 951-282-5121
- Arroyo Fairways - Hemet - by ARC - 9-hole golf and San Jacinto views. Clubhouse, pool and more. 42751 E. Florida Ave., Hemet
Menifee/Sun City - 16 miles from Hemet
- Bel Air Estates - Menifee - small town in Riverside County - pool, clubhouse; also near health facilities. Near Loma Linda Medical Center. 27150 Shadel Rd. - 951-679-2080
- Hillside Mobile Home Estates - Sun City - gated resale manufactured homes with clubhouse, pool, Jacuzzi and recreation. 27701 Murrieta Rd., Sun City - 679-2317
- Sun City Mobile Estates - 27601 Sun City Blvd. - gated manufactured homes. Walk to shopping. Clubhouse, pool, and spa. Owned.
- Sun Meadows - manufactured homes on owned lots - priced in low $100's - 27250 Murrieta Rd., Sun City - 679-2011
(Verify all information.)
- Coulter Pines MHP - own - 52901 Pine Cove Rd., Idyllwild
Los Angeles County
Long Beach in Los Angeles County:
- Belmont Shores Mobile Estates in Long Beach - Gated waterfront community offering marina views.
6230 E. Marina View Dr., Long Beach - 562-431-4132
Lancaster - See Inland areas
San Diego County
- Emerald Lake Village Oceanside - Gated cape cod styled resale single-family homes near Pacific Ocean. RV storage for fee and as available. Many amenities. $200's
Fallbrook, North San Diego County
A very different area from the desert areas. Here you are close to the ocean and the climate is nearly perfect all year.
Crestview Estates in Fallbrook - North San Diego County - Community
Center, pool, spa and the area offers activities for an active
retirement all year.
1120 E. Mission Rd., Fallbrook - 760-728-2962
- Stone Ridge Estates, Warner Springs - 35109 Highway 79 South - Ph: 760-782-3145 - This community of manufactured homes are in a country area near Temecula - Pool/spa, fishing lakes, boating, gated RV park, clubhouse and on-site manager. (hot springs nearby.) Resale from $100's. Great as a vacation home or permanent. Approx. 2 hours to Los Angeles.
Please see San Diego communities for more mobile and manufactured communities for 55+.
Southern California Inland Areas
Lancaster - North of LA - approx. 1 hour
Photo by Leisure Lakes
Leisure Lakes - approx. hour north of Los Angeles in northern Los Angeles County (verify) - Gated community of 211 manufactured and mobile sites in lakeside and desert setting. Activities: fishing, paddleboat, pool, clubhouse, social activities, recreation and more.
48303 N. 20th St. West, Lancaster - 661-948-2626
Riverside - Southeast of LA - approx. 57 miles to LA
- Riverside Meadows - 4000 Pierce St., Riverside - pool, shuffleboard, social activities - 951-687-3030
Lake Forest - approx. 47 miles south of LA
- El Toro Estates - Manufactured homes community. Country club living. Meadows Management. New and resale. Pool, spa, sauna.
24921 Muirlands Blvd., Lake Forest - 949-770-9531
Apple Valley - approx 90 miles northeast of LA
- Mountain View Villas - Apple Valley - 90 minutes to LA - San Bernardino County - Gated - choose a lot and build your manufactured home. Lot rent. Ground-set double and triple wide with 2-car garage. 90 minutes to Los Angeles. Seasonal pool and more. Monthly lot lease in $500's (verify).
21621 Sandia Rd., Apple Valley - Call to view 760-240-4434
Bakersfield - North of LA (112 miles)
Santa Cruz County | Sacramento Area | Sierra Foothills | Fremont near San Jose | Oakland Area | Sonoma County
Santa Cruz County along the Northern Pacific Coast
Santa Cruz has many choices in manufactured or mobile home communities in a variety of price ranges, land leased or resident-owned. Check with local Realtors.
- DeAnza Santa Cruz - 198 homes. You will rent the space but own the home. Rents vary widely depending on location. Some waterfront sites. Pool, clubhouse, exercise room. 2395 Delaware Avenue, Santa Cruz 95060. Phone: 831-423-8660. Resales - contact a local Realtor.
- Montevalle - In Scotts Valley, Santa Cruz County - Resales - This is an amazing community. The landscaping is so lush you cannot tell these are not site-built homes. Own your own land. Country club amenities. Please check with a local Realtor to confirm information. Please also do your own investigation to confirm the types of homes in this community.
Also check mobile homes page for Aptos, Santa Cruz, Soquel and Capitola areas in Santa Cruz County.
- The Oaks - 154 land-lease spaces for 55+ - Pool, RV and boat storage, recreation, social activities. 9761 E. Stockton Blvd., Elk Grove - 916-685-2786
Coarsegold in Sierra Foothills:
- Oak Creek - minutes from Yosemite - pool, tennis, clubhouse, RV storage. Land-lease community.
46041 Road 415, Coarsegold - 877-674-5276 - Open weekdays
Lake Oroville in Sierra Foothills:
- The Oaks Senior Community - Lake Oroville in Northern California about 1 1/2 hours north of Lake Tahoe in the Sierra foothills. Gated resort on 80 acres of rolling hills with homes designed to blend into the woodland landscape. Spacious settings. Fishing and boating.
185 Clubhouse Parkway, Oroville - 800-700-5522
- Lincoln Village - Oroville - 15 minutes to Lake Oroville for fishing and boat rental. Pool, laundry, community garden, dog walk. 104 single wide spaces - 6368 Lincoln Blvd. Oroville - See managers Rob and Leslie (no website)
For those who like a country feeling with California oaks and bucolic countrysides yet close to major employment centers and city culture...Fremont. The amazingly designed freeway system gets you to Oakland, Silicon Valley and San Francisco easily for work or play. San Jose is less than thirty minutes drive.
- Niles Canyon in Fremont - Community Center, pool, spa, sauna, RV storage and more. 711 Old Canyon Rd., Fremont - 510-792-7303
San Pablo is twenty minutes to Oakland and 45 minutes to the heart of the wine country in Napa. Suburban area with convenient access to many exciting Northern California areas: ocean, mountain, great cities, wine country and more.
- Tara Hills Mobile Manor San Pablo - East Bay - By Cal-Am Here is a community with some view homes overlooking the Bay. Community Center with fireplace, heated pool, spa, RV and boat storage.
16401 San Pablo Ave. Tara Hills Mobile Manor
North of San Francisco. Sonoma County is wine country. Approximate 30-45 minute
drive to the wineries and restaurants in Napa, Calistoga and St. Helena.
Enjoy the hot springs in Calistoga.
Photo by Cottages of Petaluma
area north of San Francisco. Small affordable over 55 community near
Santa Rosa and about an hour to Napa Valley and historic Calistoga. New
and resale manufactured homes. Included amenities are clubhouse,
seasonal pool and spa, recreation, social activities, fitness room and
more. 576 N. McDowell Blvd., Petaluma - 707-763-1300
- The Orchard - Clubhouse, pool and spa, sauna, tennis and more. 1945 Piner Rd., Santa Rosa - 707-526-7624
(Please verify all information for California Manufactured Homes.)
Most Popular on this page:
Tri Palms Estates
manufactured homes communities
Also see San Diego Manufactured Homes