Senior Apartments in Los Angeles (LA County)
Senior Apartments in Los Angeles County have many senior living options. There is a large variety for every price range, including affordable apartments in Los Angeles (income limits apply).
Monte Carlo Senior Apartments: Los Angeles-styled
Very LA: Monte Carlo Senior Apartments
Los Angeles is a fast-paced area with an ideal mediterranean sub-tropical climate.
Los Angeles is a fast-paced area with an ideal sub-tropical climate. A fun activity for retirement in Los Angeles is to be a movie extra. There is plenty of need and one might create a new life this way, if successful. LA has a style of its own.
Los Angeles County senior housing can be for over 55 or 62+.
Cities on this page:
Los Angeles | West Los Angeles | Anaheim | Arroyo Grande | Buena Park | Burbank | Commerce | Compton | Fountain Valley | Garden Grove | Hollywood | Huntington Park | La Mirada | Long Beach | Marina del Rey | Maywood | Norwalk | Panorama City | Pasadena | Pomona | San Bernardino | San Clemente | Santa Clarita | South Gate | Stevenson Ranch | Tustin | Valencia | Van Nuys | Whittier
California Senior Apartments (51)
Low Income Apartments
Also see on this page:
San Bernardino and RiversideLaguna Woods
View Larger Map
Meta Housing Corp.
This is a large, experienced developer of senior apartments since the 60's for market rents or affordable rents. Some apartments are a combination of both and excellent value. The buildings are beautiful and professionally managed.
See Meta Housing locations map.
Senior Artists Colonies: Meta Housing is developing more of the successful Senior Artists Colonies in the Los Angeles area.
- Figueroa Sr Housing - Los Angeles - Contemporary-styled - 35 units by Meta at 7621 Figueroa Street.
- Metro at Hollywood - Walkable in Hollywood - 120 affordable apts in mixed use building. Large clubhouse and courtyard.
5555 Hollywood Blvd., Los Angeles (see Hollywood)
West Los Angeles
- Belmont Village - Westwood - This community has studio, 1 and 2-bedroom apartments for independent living as well as assisted. Convenient to UCLA Medical Center. 10475 Wilshire Blvd. - Ph: 310-475-7501.
- Parkview Living - Echo Park area - Award-winning new beautiful mediterranean-styled - market rate rentals for 62+. Walkable historic neighborhood.
1902 Park Ave., Los Angeles
Western Senior Housing Management (3 in Anaheim)
Anaheim in Los Angeles Metro Area
- Sterling Court - 34 units since 2002 - 935 S. Gilbert Street - Clubhouse and computer center - 62+ affordable housing
935 S. Gilbert St., Anaheim - Phone Manager at 714-229-0400
- Heritage Park - West Anaheim For age 55+ - 2-story garden style 1 and 2BR - Clubhouse - security gate - walkways - senior center nearby - close to shopping, medical offices, bus stop. Market rate and affordable apartments - 950 So. Gilbert St. - Ph: 714-602-5435
- Villa Anaheim - 55+ affordable housing - 3305 West Lincoln Ave., Anaheim - 949-748-8200
- Cortina D'Arroyo Grande Senior Apartments Arroyo Grande - North Courtland St - for age 62+ - since 2006 - 108 units - 1 and 2 BR - urban area close to shopping and transportation - office open M-F at 241 No. Courtland Avenue - Phone: 805-489-6888 (Manager)
Buena Park Senior Apartments-Los Angeles
- Burbank Senior Artists Colony - San Fernando Road and East Verdugo Ave - Burbank - Starts at $1705 per month for 55+ - 141 one and two-bedrooms with kitchen, air conditioning and access to free arts classes and workshops. Some apartments are reserved for affordable housing. Popular with artists due to the art studios, video and film editing lab, computer lab, community room, movie theater and projection room and more.
You do not have to be an artist. They emphasize it is for everyone.
240 East Verdugo Avenue - Call 818-955-9391 (Manager)
- Rosewood Park - Commerce - 55+ - clubhouse, library, near Senior Center - activities - 2230 So. Eastern Ave. - Ph: 323-400-4008
- The Metro at Compton Senior Apartments Compton - Tamarind Ave - by Meta 75 units. For 55+ - Calendar of activities. 1 and 2-Br no smoking. 302 N. Tamarind Ave. - 424-345-2106 - Open M-F 9-5.
Garden Grove (Orange County)
- Garden Grove by Meta Housing - Garden Grove since 2007 - 85 1 and 2-bedroom units - Social activities
12739 Garden Grove Blvd, - Phone: 714-537-6606
- The Grove - Garden Grove - 55+ 1&2BR - free high speed internet service (verify) - beautiful clubhouse - Fitness Center - activities - controlled access entries - walk-in closet - 12721 Garden Grove Blvd. - Ph: 714-902-9484
- Valley Village - No. Hollywood - affordable 188 units at 12111 Chandler Blvd. Near transportation. Adjacent to Metro Orange Line.
- The Piedmont No. Hollywood - since 2002 198 units by Meta Housing - starts $1279/mo - luxury, spacious one and two-bedrooms, activities, theater screening room, fitness center, pool and landscaped grounds. 6750 Whitsett Avenue - Ph: 818-759-0500
- Park Plaza by Meta Housing - Los Angeles apartments in North Hollywood - since 2001 - 203 units - building designed to facilitate resident interaction as research show this aids longevity and health - pool - 6755 Rhodes Avenue - Phone: 818-764-7000
- North Hollywood Arts Colony - Meta Housing - No Hollywood - 126 units in NoHo Arts District. - "green" community - art amenities include classrooms, art studio and gallery, digital video and film making lab, and more. 10747 Magnolia Blvd.
- Metro @ Hollywood - 120 units for 55+ in a very stylish contemporary low-rise building - Meta Housing and managed by Western Senior Housing - Walkable neighborhood close to public transportation systems - Clubhouse for social activities, large Fitness Center, outside deck with views
Also, swim pool and spa, leasable storage rooms, community room. Utilizing the EngAGE program for active seniors - also, 27 units for low income seniors.
- Casa Bonita - Huntington Park - Managed by Western Management - 1 bedrooms w/balcony from $700's and 2 bedrooms w/balcony from $900's (verify as rents can change) private, gated community close to hospitals - walk to shopping and transportation, laundry centers, clubhouse and activities. Will take pets - For age 62 + - 6512 Rugby Ave. - Phone: 323-284-2587
- The Palms La Mirada by Holiday - Another option for senior apartments is one that includes meal and housekeeping options like those offered by Holiday Retirement - this one minutes from the Disneyland area. 13001 La Mirada Blvd. - Ph: 877-756-7424
- Long Beach Senior Arts Colony Long Beach Blvd and Anaheim Street. 200 mixed-income rentals - one and two- bedrooms for age 55+ - green housing - bicycle facilities, priority parking for hybrid-electric cars, wider public sidewalks, bus stop near light rail Blue Line, and car sharing service. Also, movie theater and projection room and a library and game room plus more. Free on-site arts activities.
200 E. Anaheim St., Long Beach - 310-575-3543
- Long Beach Regal (the Annex) - part of Long Beach Sr Arts Colony, above. 39 affordable housing units. Arts amenities, activities and much more. Outdoor spa.
225 East 12th St., Long Beach
Marina Del Rey
- Monte Carlo Sr Apts for 62+ - Several 1-bedroom floorplans from $2400's and up (verify as can change) - Some with views of Marina - Amenities include controlled access entry, spa, Fitness, gated parking, balcony, wired for internet access, fireplace (verify amenities)
13970 Panay Way, Marina del Rey - 310-577-6123 - Open Daily
Breakwater at Marina Del Rey luxury apartments - not just for over 55 but may have short leases to accommodate snowbirds (verify). Resort-like on the water with beautiful views. Studios to 3+ bedrooms. Wifi, smoke free, 2 pools and much more.
13900 Fiji Way - 844-571-3763 - Open Daily
- Maywood Villas Gated community for ages 55+ - small pets - welcomes section 8 - activities - close to shopping - 5601 Atlantic Blvd. - Ph: 323-412-9550
- San Antonio Gardens - Norwalk - gated affordable housing community for 62+ consisting of 1-BR apartments starting in $600's and 2-bedrooms starting in $700's - with walking distance to a senior center and shopping. Close to hospitals. 13708 San Antonio Dr. - Phone: 562-888-5233
Panorama City Senior Apartments
- Asturias Senior Apartments Panorama City for 62+ Managed by Western Housing - one and two bedroom apartments and smoke- free - granite counter tops in kitchen/bath - central air - energy efficient - gated parking - Clubhouse, fitness, library, controlled access, elevators. 69 units - Meta Housing Corp is developer. Affordable housing.
9628 Van Nuys Boulevard - Ph: 949-748-8200
- Cantabria - Panorama City 81 affordable units built in 2009 for 62+ - developed by Meta Housing and managed by Western Seniors Housing
9640 N. Van Nuys Blvd. Call manager at 949-748-8200
- FountainGlen at Pasadena - 1 and 2 bedrooms - a green community - spa, clubhouse - gated - from low $2000's (verify as can change)
775 E. Union, Pasadena - 855-312-4618
- Portofino Villas - Pomona - Spacious 1 and 2-BR - Central air - washer/dryer hookup in apt - gated community with clubhouse and activities - close to shopping - 2 spa and barbecue areas - accepting Section 8. 121 W. Phillips Blvd. - Ph: 909-766-1544
- Serenity Villas - Pomona - 55+ 1&2 BR - washer/dryer hookups in apt - clubhouse, gated, small pets ok w/additional deposit - EngAge programs - 2 spas and barbecue areas - Section 8 - 158 E. Bonita Avenue - Ph: 909-480-4261
- Cotton's Point Senior Apartments - San Clemente - 2 bedrooms from $1038 for 62+ (verify). Income limits apply. Managed by Western. Glass barrier installed to dampen noise from I-5. 1-BR waitlist closed.
949-284-6467 by Meta Housing - 76 units - 2358 So. El Camino Real
- Valley Oaks Village Santa Clarita - Premier senior community in Santa Clarita area - So many amenities - Pool/spa/fitness/gated/activities and more. Apartments start at only $849/mo - Clubhouse - on-site dog park - community has housekeeping available at an additional fee - on-site guest apt available for short-term use - daily activities - Upscale with a moderate price. 24700 Valley St. - Ph: 661-259-5501
- Holly Dale Sr Apartments - 101 units at 12222 Garfield Ave. by Meta. Phone: 562-529-5900
- FountainGlen at Stevenson Ranch - Near Santa Susana Mountains - 1 and 2 bedrooms with walkin closets, pool, balcony/patio and more. Very California looking with tile roofs.
25536 Fountain Glen Court, Stevenson Ranch - 866-347-5257
- Coventry Court Senior Apartments Tustin - 240 units in master community Columbus Square in former Tustin Marine Base in Orange County, Los Angeles Metro area and 34 mi. to Los Angeles. 40% affordable apts and 60% market rate.
17100 Cambridge Ave., Tustin - 310-575-3543 (office)
- FountainGlen at Valencia - Valencia - a green community - 1 and 2-bedroom apartments - pool, clubhouse, elevators and more - start mid-$1000's (verify since rents can change)
23941 Decoro Dr. - 866-252-1535
- Andalucia Van Nuys - New - low income for 62+ . 94 Spacious one and two BR with gourmet kitchens. There are activities, a fitness center, media room, spa and more. Units rent from $693 for qualifying (always verify rents as they can change.) Call 818-891-7200. - 15305 Lanark St.
San Bernardino and Riverside areas
A little out of the area and over an hour's commute to Los Angeles, but this area is also out of the LA hustle bustle.
- Magnolia at Highland - San Bernardino - 80 units affordable housing with a resort lifestyle By Meta Housing - Near Community Hospital of San Bernardino - 2120 Medical Center Dr.
- Magnolia at 9th - San Bernardino - Affordable apts For 62+ managed by Western Seniors Housing. VASH Vouchers - 800-914-8073
- Lugo Sr Apartment - San Bernardino - By Meta Housing - 119 units Coming Soon to 185 E. 9th St.
- Overture Riverwalk - (formerly Cambria at Riverwalk) Riverside - Award-winning market rate rental community adjacent to La Sierra University. 4 3-story buildings. Pool with cabanas. 4725 Sierra Vista Ave., Riverside
Laguna Woods Village Rentals
- Laguna Woods Village - Laguna Woods - large community - 50 minutes from Los Angeles on I-5 barring no heavy traffic - these are purchase homes but rentals come up occasionally - especially good are the high rise condominiums that are like apartments or the co-ops.
Laguna Woods only allows a 6-months lease term out of every twelve. Find them with the local real estate agents.
Most Popular on this page:
See More in California: